• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

rando14

While on TMZ for the new Star Wars Ep 7 set pics, there was a clickbait link about Katherine McPhee at the beach lookin bangin. So of course I clicked.

0602-kat-mcphee-bikini-fameflynet-4.jpg

The body was bangin.

AblePiercingAlbino.gif

MRSA

Banned
I forgot to tell you guys that my pulled pork from yesterday was lame.

Yankee, I'm gonna be in your hood next weekend. Got a suite at Ceasars.

Spinluck

Man Louie is a good show.

And fuck the birds outside my house, they never shut the fuck up. It'll be 4am in the morning and they're singing or chirping. Shit.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Louie hits too close to home most of the time for me....I empathize way too much haha. Are the second and third seasons less depressing?

Or am I an old?

MRSA

Banned
Ugh, my work has implemented an activity based health insurance premium. I have to score 400 points to maintain my current plan of $10 a month for coverage. I'm about to say fuck it and pay the extra $30 a month.

Spinluck

Louie hits too close to home most of the time for me....I empathize way too much haha. Are the second and third seasons less depressing?

Or am I an old?

That's the best part about it, and I just started season 2 and can say no lol.

I would've never thought Louie CK would be such a damn good writer and director. Some of those episodes hit hard.

Syrinx

That's the best part about it, and I just started season 2 and can say no lol.

I would've never thought Louie CK would be such a damn good writer and director. Some of those episodes hit hard.

That's what really stood out to me when watching it was how well-directed it was.

Haven't watched in a while though. I tend to take lapses with this show since it can indeed get pretty damn hard to watch at times. I'm watching Bob's Burgers right now.

bionic77

Quoting Xia's post from the Luigi death stare thread.
What is it about the game that make those GIFs so hilarious?

That was the first thing I liked on gaming side in a long ass time. Those Mario Kart GIFs are almost as good as that Rocky GIF where Popovich is killing Durant.

Imagine a Mario Strikers game with those graphics and upgraded gameplay over the Wii version...

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-learning-from-very-smart-tony-romo/#comments

Romo is also becoming Weeden’s tutor.

“I’m just trying to get a feel for what he thinks, why he does certain things,” Weeden told Todd Archer of ESPNDallas.com. “He’s an extremely successful quarterback and a very smart guy. I’d be crazy not to take everything I can from him

“He’s done it for so long that he’s found what works for him, whether it’s footwork or types of throws or reads or whatever it may be,” Weeden said. “He’s got a feel for what he’s good at. I just pick and choose what I think may work for me. One thing about me, I’m going to be an aggressive thrower. I’m going to stretch the field vertically and I’m going to throw the ball aggressively. Sometimes I may get myself in trouble but I think being smart aggressive vs. being dumb aggressive is two different things.”

mark-wahlberg-shocked-gif.gif

ShaneB

If you fuckers had supported the XFL we could have a summer football league.

With this logic you should all be excited for the CFL! Pending there isn't a player strike!

yeah, I need to move out of an apartment and get land so I can get a dog.

Yeah, just finished reading a book that makes me really wish I had a dog. Can't imagine having one here in the city while I live in a condo. Want a big space.

With this logic you should all be excited for the CFL! Pending there isn't a player strike!

No the XFL played on an NFL field. I have tried to do CFL but I just cant get into it for some reason. Plus the XFL had He Hate ME, which might be the best name ever.

bionic77

We are in week 12 of the arena football league. I'd watch it if I had a way too.
CFL is way better than Arena Football IMO.

At least the few Arena games I have watched. Everything was so janky and looked like an intramural game from college.

At least with the CFL you had the chance to see some players that washed out of the NFL and it was real football.

BigAT

Wow that is impressive. What was the crowd like?

It was all at once terrible and amazing. It was filled almost entirely with the worst of the scum that goes to Jets' games (which is saying something). The average BAC for fans in the stadium had to be approaching .20 and watching anyone try to navigate up or down the stairs was incredibly fun. The near constant fights in the stadium were far more captivating than anything that was happening on the field. The only time the stadium came together in solidarity was to hurl a "SHOW YOUR TITS" chant at any woman above a B cup that had the misfortune of attending.

I could tell rather quickly that my friend's dad that had brought us to the game regretted doing so.

dionysus

Yaldog
Thinking about it, one of the genius things the NFL has done that kills the chance of a competitor league is to give all 4 major broadcast networks NFL games (ABC has it through ESPN and the same parent company of Disney.) The networks have no incentive to cannibalize their own coverage.

It was all at once terrible and amazing. It was filled almost entirely with the worst of the scum that goes to Jets' games (which is saying something). The average BAC for fans in the stadium had to be approaching .20 and watching anyone try to navigate up or down the stairs was incredibly fun. The near constant fights in the stadium were far more captivating than anything that was happening on the field. The only time the stadium came together in solidarity was to hurl a "SHOW YOUR TITS" chant at any woman above a B cup that had the misfortune of attending.

I could tell rather quickly that my friend's dad that had brought us to the game regretted doing so.

That sounds amazing.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
How many games does Bryan Bulaga play this season?

Half the season I'm sure. We need Robo Chad Clifton back.

Brisket was $7.99 a fuckin lb, I'm not paying $8 a lb for brisket, at that point I'll pay another 2 bucks a lb for prime steaks.

Holy crap you can get smoked lean brisket in Texas from a restaurant for $8 a pound....

Maybe you could find moist somewhere for that also.

MRSA

Banned
Half the season I'm sure. We need Robo Chad Clifton back.

Holy crap you can get smoked lean brisket in Texas from a restaurant for $8 a pound....

Maybe you could find moist somewhere for that also.

The cost of beef has been asinine this year, I shouldn't be paying $3.99 a lb for 80/20 ground beef.

That being said, I fried up some of my pulled pork and had some carnitas for lunch.

cajunator

Banned
I think that is true of the entire East Coast. I have never had the supposed God tier BBQ or places like Kansas City so I can't really judge if the stuff in Philly is just shit or a reasonable alternative.

If you live in the NE at least be happy that you can find some good NY style pizza nearby. Most of the rest of the US doesn't have that luxury. And you probably have other regional shit that these BBQ braggers don't have access to.

I will admit I am interested in trying the good stuff but I never travel to those places.

mmm pulled pork. Johnson's Boucaniere :D
Louisiana <3

If you fuckers had supported the XFL we could have a summer football league.

Man, we even had XFL players on our team before. Worst defense Ive ever seen.

Top Bottom