• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

BigAT

We Pats AGE brothers must stick together. BTW, I ousted Gata so all is well.

You can't blame a Bostonian for being a Bostonian, no more than you can blame a dog for being a dog. But a GAFer like you, co-mingling with mongrels, betraying your own. That makes you worse than a Pats fan. I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll leave you tied up here naked. First, it'll just be bugs squeeeeeeeeing at ya. One day, maybe two. That sun's gonna be cooking you. And animals...they're gonna pick on your stink. Gata will come looking for something to eat.

bionic77

Where did this idea that NE has bad fans come from? I used to hang out in sports bar in Boston and NH all the time in college and I never saw any bad fans. People supported the Red Sox like crazy even when they hadnt won anything in 100 years. Are you guys just talking about people like gata, who root for the team even though they have no ties to the area?
Pats fans are pretty much all recent bandwagoners. Plus they openly root for the bad guys. What exactly is there to like?

Celtics and Red Sox fans are the most obnoxious of all fans. New York and Philly get shit for this but in my experience no one is as annoying as a Celtics or Sox fan. They get a pass though in the media and nationally for whatever reason.

Oh yeah and kind of racist!

And now you can add the Manzielots to this list.

Andre Johnson is holding out because we didn't take JFF!
Texans will be 0-16 because we didn't take JFF!
They changed the stadiums name because they already had JFF ready to go on it!
BOB is prejudice and hates short QB's like JFF!
The Browns will win the next 3 Super Bowls because of JFF!
I cant get good health insurance because the Texans passed on JFF!

Seriously. I know why most sports radio in Houston doesn't take a lot of live callers.

How can you blame people for being excited about JFF? He is very exciting plus people in Houston got to see him up close. It is the offseason and the Texans have no QB and had the worst record in football the year before, of course people are going to be clamoring for a QB. Once the season starts, and especially if the Texans are improved, I bet that stuffs dies down a lot.

dionysus

Yaldog
How can you blame people for being excited about JFF? He is very exciting plus people in Houston got to see him up close. It is the offseason and the Texans have no QB and had the worst record in football the year before, of course people are going to be clamoring for a QB. Once the season starts, and especially if the Texans are improved, I bet that stuffs dies down a lot.

Be glad you don't live in a city or work in an industry dominated by Aggies. This isn't going to die down for at least 10 years. The Aggies have been waiting to be good at football for a long time, so they will be worse than the VY UT fans.

MechDX

Dude. You have to be hear and listen to it. That VY shit didn't go away when he busted out of the league. It still happens to this day. Texans games were embarrassing when the Titans and VY came to Reliant as there were more VY Titans jerseys than Texan jerseys in the stands.

The zealots don't move on, they just get rowdier and more obnoxious as time passes.

This also explains why even though I like BG and Kave and want the Browns to have success, I seriously want Manziel to bust so hard just to shut them the hell up and minimize the talk. It wont happen though because if Mnaziel busts somehow it will be the Texans fault because they didn't draft him.

Sanjuro

Pats fans are pretty much all recent bandwagoners. Plus they openly root for the bad guys. What exactly is there to like?

Celtics and Red Sox fans are the most obnoxious of all fans. New York and Philly get shit for this but in my experience no one is as annoying as a Celtics or Sox fan. They get a pass though in the media and nationally for whatever reason.

At least we aren't racist and diddle kids!

Can't wait until Kaep and Small hands make that list.

I am so curious to see what happens with those 2. I would rather give Kap $18m a year then small hands, just because I think Kap has more upside, but giving either one that much will severely hamstring their teams. I hope Foles doesnt fuck the Eagles by asking for crazy money next year.

cajunator

Banned
You seriously cant be this dense. Konka pointed out Chinese people getting out of poverty as an example of the world getting better, I made the point that yes it is good for the Chinese people but it does come at a terrible cost for the world. China is worse then the US when it come to pollution and environmental effects then the US, but both are terrible. The 1 billion people in China are experiencing a better life, but the 6 billion people outside of China are worse off for it. The whole point of the argument was that the world as a whole is getting worse every year. Look at the Earth just a few hundred years ago compared to today, it has gotten considerably worse. Next time before you rush in to disagree with me, maybe take a moment or 2 and think about what is actually being discussed. Konka is 100% that social issues have gotten much much better, but sadly economic, issues, and the environment have gotten much worse.

Economic times arent really that much worse. Remember that a few hundred years ago the US was in infancy and general quality of life was far poorer than it is today.Pollution was a lot worse as the industrial age started and the US grew in size without regulated factories or pollutants. The environment is a lot closer regulated today. There are lots of recycling and alternative energy programs and even electric and hybrid cars and supercars driving about. the age of the SUV is over, replaced by smaller more increasingly fuel efficient cars. There are alternative energy sources to oil and gas being actively explored and implemented. houses are more efficient. People are more aware of the problem. There are more ways to combat disease and poverty. I would actually say things are getting far better for an overal human quality of life than they ever have before.

Tom Penny

Says the Lakers Yankees fan. Hilarious.

jmdajr

And now you can add the Manzielots to this list.

Andre Johnson is holding out because we didn't take JFF!
Texans will be 0-16 because we didn't take JFF!
They changed the stadiums name because they already had JFF ready to go on it!
BOB is prejudice and hates short QB's like JFF!
The Browns will win the next 3 Super Bowls because of JFF!
I cant get good health insurance because the Texans passed on JFF!

Seriously. I know why most sports radio in Houston doesn't take a lot of live callers.

I don't know. I feel VY was far worse. I guess I have to wait for "JFF, he just wins," before I can make a final comparison.

Economic times arent really that much worse. Remember that a few hundred years ago the US was in infancy and general quality of life was far poorer than it is today.Pollution was a lot worse as the industrial age started and the US grew in size without regulated factories or pollutants. The environment is a lot closer regulated today. There are lots of recycling and alternative energy programs and even electric and hybrid cars and supercars driving about. the age of the SUV is over, replaced by smaller more increasingly fuel efficient cars. There are alternative energy sources to oil and gas being actively explored and implemented. houses are more efficient. People are more aware of the problem. There are more ways to combat disease and poverty. I would actually say things are getting far better for an overal human quality of life than they ever have before.

Sorry cajun but this is just not true. Click this link. The blue line is total CO2 emissions by year starting at 1800 and going forward. It reached it peak in 2007 at over 1.5 million tons, in the early 1900s it was only a few hundred thousands tons per year. There was less regulation back then, but also far fewer factories and cars on the road. Also electric cars are worse for the environment then gasoline powered cars, that is because 80% of electricity production comes from coal which is far worse for the environment.

I don't have to tell you jerks that I'm a fan of the Raiders, Lakers, UCLA, and alcohol.

image.php

yankee, any spots in Vegas I should go to? Bare in mind that I dislike clubs.

Tons of good places to eat. The buffet at M is really good, but the line is usually 2 hours long. I love Osheas, it is an Irish bar that has beer pong tables and a dwarf dressed like a leprechaun running around. If you are staying at Ceasers you can do the buffet of buffets deal, for $50 you get unlimited entry into 5 different buffets for the day. I havent tried any of the ones in Ceasers but I have heard they have some good food.

MRSA to bad you are not out here during football season the LVH has $1 hotdogs and beers during games and they have a huge screen to watch games on.

Bowser

Panthers / Hornets / Tar Heels

Seafrauds, Marniners, Sonics, and Huskies fan here!! Maybe Sounders some day if I can ever get into futbol

rando what are your thoughts about the Oklahoma City Thunder with league MVP Kevin Durant, top 10 running mate Russell Westbrook, and fellow top 25 player Serge "I-Block-a" Ibaka?

MRSA

Banned
Tons of good places to eat. The buffet at M is really good, but the line is usually 2 hours long. I love Osheas, it is an Irish bar that has beer pong tables and a dwarf dressed like a leprechaun running around. If you are staying at Ceasers you can do the buffet of buffets deal, for $50 you get unlimited entry into 5 different buffets for the day. I havent tried any of the ones in Ceasers but I have heard they have some good food.

Unlimited entry to five different buffets? How is Stafford not located in Vegas? How is the Hofbrauhaus?

You guys were right about Whole Foods.

Diners.

I'm right 89% of the time, my accuracy increases as I become intoxicated.

Those people that go to Whole Foods are pretty fuckin dumb though. This one broad kept bugging the butcher about grass fed food, he kept telling her that the meats are grass finished and she was like so they're organic and grass fed right?

Unlimited entry to five different buffets? How is Stafford not located in Vegas? How is the Hofbrauhaus?

I'm right 89% of the time, my accuracy increases as I become intoxicated.

Those people that go to Whole Foods are pretty fuckin dumb though. This one broad kept bugging the butcher about grass fed food, he kept telling her that the meats are grass finished and she was like so they're organic and grass fed right?

I drive by that place all the time but I am not a fan of German food so I have never gone inside.

Top Bottom