• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Why would Kaps deal have any implications for Cam or Dalton? Kap has done waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more then those other 2 guys so far. I like Cam and think he can still be really good but to pay him like a guy that has won multiple road playoff games and gone to a SB is crazy.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
#SavageFuture

For #49ers QB Colin Kaepernick: It’s a 6-year extension worth up to $126M with $60M guaranteed, source says. Under contract through 2020

Twitter

:jnc

Only thing Kaep has going for him is he has Harbaugh, probably the best HC in the league, leading this team. As soon as Harbaugh jumps shit this move is going to hurt the 49ers for a few years to come. I wonder how easily it is to cut him.

Kaep is not the QB you want to be building your team around. 49ers should've at least drafted a QB from this years draft to at least give him some competition.

Its going to be interesting seeing what Russels' numbers are going to be, but he won a ring so he deserves the money.

Fox318

Possibly, but Tannehill will be up there as well after this year's SB run.

TWpmGod.gif

Only thing Kaep has going for him is he has Harbaugh, probably the best HC in the league, leading this team. As soon as Harbaugh jumps shit this move is going to hurt the 49ers for a few years to come. I wonder how easily it is to cut him.

Kaep is not the QB you want to be building your team around. 49ers should've at least drafted a QB from this years draft to at least give him some competition.

Its going to be interesting seeing what Russels' numbers are going to be, but he won a ring so he deserves the money.

Trent Dillfer deserves to be paid more then Dan Marino.

Colasante

I thought the 49ers may be the guinea pig team that'd constantly churn through rookie wage scale QBs and build the rest of their team up, instead of paying the QB and letting the rest of the team suffer. Sad to see that won't be the case. Maybe the Eagles will take up that mantle, if Chip's system is as responsible for Foles' success as some believe.

I thought the 49ers may be the guinea pig team that'd constantly churn through rookie wage scale QBs and build the rest of their team up, instead of paying the QB and letting the rest of the team suffer. Sad to see that won't be the case. Maybe the Eagles will take up that mantle, if Chip's system is as responsible for Foles' success as some believe.

One can hope!

Drakeon

Yeah hard to compare to Stafford and his 0-1 playoff record.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Trent Dillfer deserves to be paid more then Dan Marino.

It's standard operating procedure in the NFL nowadays whether we like it or not. As a QB you'll get paid/extended based on your potential and proven ability on the field (Matthew Stafford, Jay Cutler) or if you win a ring (Joe Flacco, soon Wilson).

methodman

Banned
Not happy about this move at all. I haven't been the biggest Kap fan because I don't feel he's improved as a passer. If he continues to stay a one-read qb, we're fucked, especially at that much money.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Not happy about this move at all. I haven't been the biggest Kap fan because I don't feel he's improved as a passer. If he continues to stay a one-read qb, we're fucked, especially at that much money.

He's shown glimpses of being able to read the field in the past 2 seasons, but he obviously needs to improve. Whether he can follow Steve Young's lead and actually become a capable pocket passer who can consistently read defenses is the big question for sure.

I'm not happy to pay kap but I mean that is market value. A guy has 4 playoff wins, including 3 on the road, in 2 years while putting up good numbers it just is what it is. Our depth will be hurt moving forward but I trust our coaching staff to continue to get production

Flacco'd :(

$22 mil per year

110+ Heavy guaranteed.

Adam Schefter

Russell won a SB...... I don't even what to think about what he's going to get.

giphy.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA The moment I've been waiting for! Get FLEECED SF!!!! What a waste of money for a scrub! Now it's little Wussle's turn!!! I agree with Cdy though, they already won so it's a much easier pill to swallow. If we won a bowl and the guy is young and doesn't throw away games, I'm not going to cry much. Niners though, JNC. I thought their GM was supposed to be tops.

How bad does cutting DJax look now. Eagles have one more year of cheap QB play. They should have loaded up for a SB run this year if possible. Has any team won a SB with a QB taking up $20m of their cap in a year? I am not sure if it is possible.

giphy.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA The moment I've been waiting for! Get FLEECED SF!!!! What a waste of money for a scrub! Now it's little Wussle's turn!!! I agree with Cdy though, they already won so it's a much easier pill to swallow. If we won a bowl and the guy is young and doesn't throw away games, I'm not going to cry much. Niners though, JNC. I thought their GM was supposed to be tops.

Damn I wish we were the cards with no qb to pay and no chance to win anything significant. Think of all the money our owner could pocket! I envy you guys :(

cdyhybrid

How bad does cutting DJax look now. Eagles have one more year of cheap QB play. They should have loaded up for a SB run this year if possible. Has any team won a SB with a QB taking up $20m of their cap in a year? I am not sure if it is possible.

What were Brees/Rodgers/Ben making when they won? They had to have been on pretty sizable contracts at that point.

MechDX

"Oh, $%#&" -- the Seattle Seahawks

"Woo-hoo!" -- Russell Wilson

Twitter

Can't wait to see the Wilson and Luck contracts. Irsay need to ramp up blow distribution

Can't we just pay Russell in future M$$$ Ads, and stock options? How about boeing stock options? Amazon? Starbucks?

C'mon find a loophole PAUL ALLEN!

Damn I wish we were the cards with no qb to pay and no chance to win anything significant. Think of all the money our owner could pocket! I envy you guys :(

Palmer will be plenty good this season, likely better than scrub ass Kap! We do need a young QB to take us forward but I'd rather have none or a swing for the fences low risk in Logan Thomas than paying ridiculous money to trash. Don't worry, we'll ultimately be more competitive than the Niners for the foreseeable future, your window is about to slam shut! Goodbye Crabcakes, goodbye VD, so long soon Gore!

Drakeon

Ugh, Cutler is by far the most offensive. Romo is a choker, but he's the better QB.

I guess 9ers found their guy. That $$$ is a bit much though.
Agreed, I think Romo is a good QB, around Rivers level, maybe slightly below.

Oh and I forgot Stafford, he's just as bad as Cutler as far as overpaid QBs who have proved jack shit go.

Just saw the deal, 15.7 is fantastic. You're crazy if you think we'd get him for less. If he makes his incentives and its closer to 18, all the better.

cdyhybrid

Can't we just pay Russell in future M$$$ Ads, and stock options? How about boeing stock options? Amazon? Starbucks?

C'mon find a loophole PAUL ALLEN!

Maybe he can just give Russell his yacht.

Palmer will be plenty good this season, likely better than scrub ass Kap! We do need a young QB to take us forward but I'd rather have none or a swing for the fences low risk in Logan Thomas than paying ridiculous money to trash. Don't worry, we'll ultimately be more competitive than the Niners for the foreseeable future, your window is about to slam shut! Goodbye Crabcakes, goodbye VD, so long soon Gore!

You guys can draft Marcus Mariota with the #1 overall pick next year ;)

Top Bottom