• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Maybe he can just give Russell his yacht.

You guys can draft Marcus Mariota with the #1 overall pick next year ;)
I'm just bummed you guys will steal Famous Jameis first ;)
Uh.... Oh no. Please don't get rid of gore. Pls

VD will be 33 by the time his contract is up. Crabtree was gone regardless (PP will be happy!). We fine brah, don't get your hopes up!

I was more speaking to a large chunk of what made you successful will be gone. So you're going to have a scrub QB with trash for receiving options to help him...how exactly are you not fucked? Without Crab to lock onto, Kap is worthless and soon he likely won't have VD to help either. So you'll have a good defense with garbage offense...sounds a lot like our last Horton year ;)

BpUMaCwCMAAr5WU.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
So this is what Stockholm Syndrome looks like.

How does it feel knowing that your team not only wasted the prime and career of the greatest running back ever, but that they're also doing (and in a few years will have done) the same to the greatest wide receiver ever?

RE: Barry Sanders, it sucks of course but he gave our fanbase great memories. No we couldn't chip it with Scott Mitchell at QB but I still loved watching Sanders play. He's probably the main reason I'm a Lions fan till this day.

As for Megatron, if we have a bad season this year (which we won't) I've been on record as saying we should trade him to a AFC contender and get as many picks as we can combined with freeing up cap space.

Fact. Tom Brady ranked 2nd in the league with 53 dropped passes, behind only Matthew Stafford with 58.

By far is a bit much, friend Kas.

Touche, good sir. It seemed like this season we were far and away at the top though based on every game I watched.

brentech

only part worth laughing at, in terms of the picture, is the feather pen. I mean, come the fuck on.

Otherwise, he just looks happy to get paid.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
kas, when we going for some banh mi?

LA NFLGAF meet up is still going down sometime this summer, no? I have a place in Long Beach lined up for me to move into I believe mid month so I can get the hell out of the I.E. forever.

I'm still down for the LA meetup whenever it happens as I won't be working and will be on crutches for the next month and a half or so.

cdyhybrid

If you're that fucking rich you might as well sign the contract with a feather pen. Why the fuck not?

If I signed a contract that huge I'd have a stripper sign it for me with a pen she's holding between her buttcheeks or something.

Tom Penny

Kaps contract isn't that bad. SF is already good and other than accuracy he's one of the few QB's that could have almost no flaws like Rodgers.

MRSA

Banned
LA NFLGAF meet up is still going down sometime this summer, no? I have a place in Long Beach lined up for me to move into I believe mid month so I can get the hell out of the I.E. forever.

I'm still down for the LA meetup whenever it happens as I won't be working and will be on crutches for the next month and a half or so.

lmao I forgot you live in that shithole of the I.E.

Whats wrong with your girly legs?

I'm just bummed you guys will steal Famous Jameis first ;)

I was more speaking to a large chunk of what made you successful will be gone. So you're going to have a scrub QB with trash for receiving options to help him...how exactly are you not fucked? Without Crab to lock onto, Kap is worthless and soon he likely won't have VD to help either. So you'll have a good defense with garbage offense...sounds a lot like our last Horton year ;)

We are in better shape than the cards at basically every position even after the kap extension

If you're that fucking rich you might as well sign the contract with a feather pen. Why the fuck not?

If I signed a contract that huge I'd have a stripper sign it for me with a pen she's holding between her buttcheeks or something.

Just get the entire Bunny Ranch to show up and write a different letter in your name.

MechDX

Look. I'd be happy if the Seahawks make a stand and refuse to overpay Wilson but I just don't see it happening. One team has to nut up and say we will not sacrifice our roster to pay one person over 30% of our total cap.

This from a fan of a team that is about to pay a defensive end the highest contract ever for a d lineman

rando14

Look. I'd be happy if the Seahawks make a stand and refuse to overpay Wilson but I just don't see it happening. One team has to nut up and say we will not sacrifice our roster to pay one person over 30% of our total cap.

This from a fan of a team that is about to pay a defensive end the highest contract ever for a d lineman

It's supply and demand unfortunately. Only like half the teams in the league have a quarterback really worth a damn, those that have one are pretty much forced to shell out big dollars.

Are we trading Zach Miller for the #1 pick or something? Because there's no way we finish lower than the Cards when we get to play said Cards and the Rams twice.
Pfft your scrub ass team couldn't beat us in their own house. Lucky we didn't get hot until late and missed the play offs ;)
We are in better shape than the cards at basically every position even after the kap extension

I'll forgive you this comment, you must be delirious right now after that fleecing the Niners just received.

Eleuin

Looking at that list the only players that jump out are Iupati and Crabtree, obviously their depth will be worse in the future but with their lack of injuries and drafting they'll be fine.

The deal isn't really that bad if kaep learns to make more than one read.

post-44867-arya-stark-laughing-gif-Imgur-B8ub.gif

Looking at that list the only players that jump out are Iupati and Crabtree, obviously their depth will be worse in the future but with their lack of injuries and drafting they'll be fine.

The deal isn't really that bad if kaep learns to make more than one read.

post-44867-arya-stark-laughing-gif-Imgur-B8ub.gif

Kap will go from one read to zero read once Crabcakes leaves :D I'm sure old man Boldin will handle double coverage just fine though...oh wait, we saw what happens when that's the case last year.

HawkeyeIC

Crab was never going to resign, and VD was always going to get old. 49ers were never going to sign big money free agents, so it'll come down to what it always has, drafting well.

Kap will go from one read to zero read once Crabcakes leaves :D I'm sure old man Boldin will handle double coverage just fine though...oh wait, we saw what happens when that's the case last year.

Didn't have any issue dropping 32 on the great cards D last year without crabs.

Just because he has trouble against the Seahawks doesn't mean kap has issues with the cards. He has thoroughly dominated you with or without crabcakes

MechDX

It's supply and demand unfortunately. Only like half the teams in the league have a quarterback really worth a damn, those that have one are pretty much forced to shell out big dollars.

Star QB starting to look different RT @NFL_RealUpdates: #49ers pay over $110M to Kaepernick but they were ranked last in pass attempts in 13--twitter

But damn.

Just got home from work, heard Kaep got paid. What's the damage?

(Also kudos for Ron Rivera voting for Dick Sherman on the Madden cover, follow his example)

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
lmao I forgot you live in that shithole of the I.E.

Whats wrong with your girly legs?

At least I'm in the Temecula/Murrieta area which is decent but pretty much the rest of the I.E. is a depressing dump. Can't wait to get back into the L.A. area where there is at least a semblance of population and human beings to interact with.

Tore my left ankle ligament at our jobsite almost a month ago. Been in crutches and a boot since, and will probably be for the next month or so.

That's why you traded for Blaine. Miners were too busy laughing that Schaub threw a pick 6 to start the game.

I just don't understand paying this much for game managers who can run some.

People need to understand this is market value. If jay cutler is worth $18 mil per year, and has accomplished less than kap while being older, what do we do? Let kap walk? Pay him $48 mil for 2 years? Not sure what people expected.

MechDX

Just hit me after replying to FMT.

Schaub had that season last year when the AFC South played both the AFC and NFC West.

Now he gets to play the AFC West twice and also plays the NFC West again.

WOW. Sorry Raiders GAF.

rando14

People need to understand this is market value. If jay cutler is worth $18 mil per year, and has accomplished less than kap while being older, what do we do? Let kap walk? Pay him $48 mil for 2 years? Not sure what people expected.

Pretty much, this is what franchise quarterbacks are worth. If you have one, you pay him. Just hope that your team knows how to draft so that you can still add pieces around him. Quarterback bubble won't pop so long as the cap keeps increasing so quickly as it's anticipated the next few years

Don't forget that the NFL salary cap is set to jump even higher next year thanks to the new TV deals. It jumped 10 mil this year and is project to be higher next year. They paid Kap the market rate. It'll be interesting what kind of contract Wilson, Luck and Newton will get.

Tom Penny

That's why you traded for Blaine. Miners were too busy laughing that Schaub threw a pick 6 to start the game.

I just don't understand paying this much for game managers who can run some.

Why would you switch up your philosophy when you got to SB and NFC championship back to back? I think they are coming out of the NFC this year over Seattle.

Top Bottom