• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Tom Penny

Did someone say "pineapple pizza"?

Ixz4gBCl.jpg

iymuQFi.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ben is making $11.8M this year, but is talking about an extension. I hope he doesn't drag Rooney into the bathroom. Seriously, if Kaep is worth 20M/yr, Ben has to be worth around 80M/yr. Dude had 12 sub 200 yard games last year ffs.

e-

BpU0TEZCYAAjYzE.jpg

rando14

Ben is making $11.8M this year, but is talking about an extension. I hope he doesn't drag Rooney into the bathroom. Seriously, if Kaep is worth 20M/yr, Ben has to be worth around 80M/yr. Dude had 12 sub 200 yard games last year ffs.

e-

BpU0TEZCYAAjYzE.jpg

We're all freaking out about Russ ;_;

I wanted to open a grilled cheese shop before it was hip. We'd have grilled cheese from around the world ie Greek (pita and feta) and a quesadilla (the Mexican grilled cheese). Imagine you've had a long night at the bar (or a long night of ripping bong hits in your dorm room), and you stumble into my cheese shop and order our late night 5 x grilled cheese basket.

rando14

Bad Boy Russ and Cameron about to get paid.

Cam's going to get tired of getting David Carr'ed and run to take the big money in Dallas, I fear. :(

This is all his ex-wife's fault!! When Russ was a god-fearing married man, he was simple and didn't have to spend money because let's face it Ashton wore the pants in the relationship and he didn't get to do dick except play football and carry her purse!! Now that he's single he parties with Kaepernick and has to make it rain to attract chicks, and that = big payday :mad:

Spinluck

This Colombian (Columbian if you're an ignorant gaffer) Bakery nearby has incredible grilled cheese sandwiches. Same with this Cuban one that's a little further from here.

Grilled cheese at Steak & Shake was my jam after a night at the club. With their tiny fries.

I had no idea they had grilled cheese there, might try. God milkshakes and ice cream are the GOAT desserts.

bionic77

e-

BpU0TEZCYAAjYzE.jpg
We don't have any money.

And we don't have any talent on one side of the ball.

Dat cap management.

This is all his ex-wife's fault!! When Russ was a god-fearing married man, he was simple and didn't have to spend money because let's face it Ashton wore the pants in the relationship and he didn't get to do dick except play football and carry her purse!! Now that he's single he parties with Kaepernick and has to make it rain to attract chicks, and that = big payday :mad:

That MS commercial was total bullshit and we all know it.

Watching film and skyping kids my ass. Bad Boy has been busy buying blow and banging bad bitches.

ipCg35cFvfr4J.gif

P.S. Why is your boy Dick ducking Cam on Madden tho? Is the Best Cornerback In Da Game really not trying to see his ass get handed to him?

MRSA

Banned
We don't have any money.

And we don't have any talent on one side of the ball.

Dat cap management.

Steelers need to do a roster purge, Reggie McKenzie style.

Well the Cowboys REALLY need do a purge, but knowing Jerry Jones, he won't.

Spinluck

Do we have any calzone lovers in the house?

Btw everyone here deserves to play Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze at least once in their lifetime.

Buddy's is way overrated. Shields > Buddy's

Man, I hate Buddy's.
Shield's is damn good, I'll give you that. I guess there's this joint in Hazel Park that's supposed to be good too but I've never had it.

Buddy got the sauce difference that kicks it up a notch for me.

WedgeX

Banned
Shield's is damn good, I'll give you that. I guess there's this joint in Hazel Park that's supposed to be good too but I've never had it.

Buddy got the sauce difference that kicks it up a notch for me.

To be fair, the city I grew up in has a Buddy's and people wanted to go their constantly, which may have led to my annoyance and eventual hatred. Its more a social aversion than an actual food dislike. Alas. It shall ever be.

It's eaten by a fat QB.

Its been around since before Stafford even learned he would be unable to survive without a box of pizza within shouting distance at all times.

Konka

Banned
How is Detriot pizza different from other square pizza?

Detroit-style pizza is a style of pizza developed in Detroit, Michigan. It is a square pizza similar to Sicilian-style pizza that has a thick deep-dish crisp crust and toppings such as pepperoni and olives, and is served with the marinara sauce on top.[1][2] The square shaped pizza is the result of being baked in a square pan, which is often not a pizza pan.[3] Rather, industrial parts trays are often used, which were originally made to hold small parts in factories.[3]

The crust of a Detroit-style pizza is noteworthy because in addition to occasionally being twice-baked, it is usually baked in a well-oiled pan to a chewy medium-well-done state that gives the bottom and edges of the crust a fried/crunchy texture. Some parlors will apply melted butter with a soft brush prior to baking. The resulting pizza has a warm, chewy texture that, when combined with the sauce and toppings, is intensely flavorful.

Tom Penny

Detroit-style pizza is a style of pizza developed in Detroit, Michigan. It is a square pizza similar to Sicilian-style pizza that has a thick deep-dish crisp crust and toppings such as pepperoni and olives, and is served with the marinara sauce on top.[1][2] The square shaped pizza is the result of being baked in a square pan, which is often not a pizza pan.[3] Rather, industrial parts trays are often used, which were originally made to hold small parts in factories.[3]

The crust of a Detroit-style pizza is noteworthy because in addition to occasionally being twice-baked, it is usually baked in a well-oiled pan to a chewy medium-well-done state that gives the bottom and edges of the crust a fried/crunchy texture. Some parlors will apply melted butter with a soft brush prior to baking. The resulting pizza has a warm, chewy texture that, when combined with the sauce and toppings, is intensely flavorful.

So it's square pan pizza with sauce on top..clever.

bigosc2k

Banned
I wanted to open a grilled cheese shop before it was hip. We'd have grilled cheese from around the world ie Greek (pita and feta) and a quesadilla (the Mexican grilled cheese). Imagine you've had a long night at the bar (or a long night of ripping bong hits in your dorm room), and you stumble into my cheese shop and order our late night 5 x grilled cheese basket.
Man that sounds awesome as fuck.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
If anyone here happens to be in Los Angeles my favorite pizza place in the city is Casa Bianca. Its in Eagle Rock off of Colorado Blvd.

http://casabiancapizza.com/

I was blessed to grow up close to it and have had it since I was a little kid. Its been around since 1955 and they have a nice, crunchy thin crust cut into square pieces. Not sure exactly what style that would be called but its the best pizza in LA, IMO.

sign%20Casa%20Bianca%20italian%20restaurant%20Los%20Angeles%20CA.jpg

casa_bianca_pizza.jpg

Great place to take a girl on a first date BTW. Really nice, relaxed, old school Italian restaurant environment that isn't super expensive.

EDIT: Good God, MRSA, where can I get that?

e-

BpU0TEZCYAAjYzE.jpg

people can come up with statistics to prove anything chuckddd, 14% of all people know that

Never forget- Madden 2006 Reveal

654020-927449_20050420_001.jpg

653784-927448_20050419_001.jpg

the funny thing about this is that people DO forget. have you watched it recently? aside from the lighting and a few other nice graphic close up effects, madden surprassed this game (during gameplay views) long ago.

not sure why people care about close up shots in sports games. no one plays from those angles

Top Bottom