• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

cdyhybrid

8HMABfQ.gif
That's actually kinda scary. What if they all decided you looked tasty that day?

The best part is that he made a thread a while back about how a "mutual" fight with his girlfriend resulted in a blemish on his criminal record, so it became impossible for him to get a job. In this thread, he campaigned for empathy and sympathy and begged for a second chance.

Then he gets the chance and leaves in the middle of the interview because he didn't understand the process and didn't think he should have to stoop so low as to ask what was going on.

A Shakespearean tragedy.

Don't forget the thread that got deleted because he was bragging about having sex with a fat girl and posted all of her personal info then blamed all of GAF when she started getting harassed by the internet detectives.

Thacker cycle man:

1. Totally fucks up
2. Turns to GAF for sympathy
3. Gets defensive and starts insulting people in the thread and claiming he wasn't looking for sympathy when everyone points out that he fucked up.

He's a total head case. Pretty sure he ate lead paint like soup as a child.

bionic77

cdy has a tag o_O

FMT, Xia and the rest of NinersGAF today:

07-minister.jpg

Your franchise QB can't go through basic reads, has a horrible arm and can scramble for a first down here and there. I don't care about contract or lawyer speak these remain the facts. He is a mediocre QB who has the best head coach in the league and an amazing defense and running game backing him up.
Kap has a horrible arm?

Do you even watch football?

And public service announcement. A few dollars more is now on Netflix. That's means you can watch the whole man with no name trilogy and also once upon a time in the west. These are some of the best movies ever made. All non Patriot fans owe it to themselves to watch them.

Kap has a horrible arm?

And public service announcement. A few dollars more is now on Netflix. That's means you can watch the whole man with no name trilogy and also once upon a time in the west. These are some of the best movies ever made. All non Patriot fans owe it to themselves to watch them.
The arm is good but the touch isn't always there, the ability to go through his progressions is still underdeveloped and a bit worrying, this coming from a niners fan.

cajunator

Banned
Im glad Jonathan Goodwin is back on the Saints. dude was solid for us even though hes much older now. I trust his abilities as a lineman.

Mech, go to Squicken his house, check if he's alive.

Edit: There is some sort of German invasion at my University. They are everywhere.

bionic77

The arm is good but the touch isn't always there, the ability to go through his progressions is still underdeveloped and a bit worrying, this coming from a niners fan.
I didn't dispute that he sucks at reading a defense but Kap has a fucking rocket arm. Maybe the strongest in the league.

I still remember that insane TD throw he had against the Hawks. One of the most insane throws I have ever seen. Fatford couldn't make that throw if his lunch depended on it (the highest stakes I could think of for him).

LevelNth

Banned
That Kap contract is unreal good for the Niners. Hilarious to see all the people going nuts and mocking the team when in reality the contract is less of an anchor on the team than even Sherman's to Seattle.

The question now is do the Colts, Seahawks and Panthers follow this model, or get burned hard. If I'm a betting man, I think the Panthers will win out with the best contract for the team, while the other two get sunk. Hard.

Thought Andy Dalton was in a make or break season this year. If he shits the bed in the playoffs again (if they even get there) I can't imagine anyone wanting to drop top dollar on him.

The Alex Smith scenario is a little more interesting. If he walks from the Chiefs, are there any playoff caliber offenses out there that need a QB? No way can he carry an offense and I imagine he would be paid as such.
You did see that playoff game he played in last year right? I would take him over half the starters in this league.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That Kap contract is unreal good for the Niners. Hilarious to see all the people going nuts and mocking the team when in reality the contract is less of an anchor on the team than even Sherman's to Seattle.

The question now is do the Colts, Seahawks and Panthers follow this model, or get burned hard. If I'm a betting man, I think the Panthers will win out with the best contract for the team, while the other two get sunk. Hard.

Not sure how the Colts could even get burned with an Andrew Luck contract - he really is the only reason they're relevant at all. Pretty much the same with Cam, its crazy they're asking him to do even more than he did last year with even less support.

Seahawks definitely could though.

Kap has a horrible arm?

Thank you for the heads up, it's the only one of the trilogy I haven't seen yet.

And yeah, for all the shit we give Kaepernick, the guy has a cannon. With proper development of the skills he has yet to master, the guy could indeed be worth that contract.

Kap has a horrible arm?

Is anyone more wrong when it comes to basic football stuff then kas? Kap has a huge fucking arm, arm strength isnt a problem for him at all.

Eleuin

I didn't dispute that he sucks at reading a defense but Kap has a fucking rocket arm. Maybe the strongest in the league.

I still remember that insane TD throw he had against the Hawks. One of the most insane throws I have ever seen. Fatford couldn't make that throw if his lunch depended on it (the highest stakes I could think of for him).
absolutely insane
KaepJumpTDThrow.gif

bionic77

Is anyone more wrong when it comes to basic football stuff then kas? Kap has a huge fucking arm, arm strength isnt a problem for him at all.
KAS definitely sets the bar for stupidty.

Normally records are made to be broken but this is like Bolt's 200 m time. Its going to be around for a loooong time.

absolutely insane
KaepJumpTDThrow.gif
It looks even better in HD. Somehow that GIF doesn't represent how crazy that throw was.

Thank you for the heads up, it's the only one of the trilogy I haven't seen yet.

And yeah, for all the shit we give Kaepernick, the guy has a cannon. With proper development of the skills he has yet to master, the guy could indeed be worth that contract.
Fucking amazing movie.

I think it is my favorite of the trilogy. Really a masterclass in acting and directing.

What I am trying to say is that I like it.

@AdamSchefter
Word around NFL is that when Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson get new deals next year, they will come in between $24-$25 million per year.

jnc

@AdamSchefter
Word around NFL is that when Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson get new deals next year, they will come in between $24-$25 million per year.

jnc

Wow, I love Wilson but I am not sure he has shown enough to be at that salary level yet. Luck is worth what ever they give him though.

bionic77

@AdamSchefter

jnc
Fuuuuuuuuck this shit.

That is NBA player money. Correction, that is more than NBA player money. I don't think anyone other than Kobe makes that kind of money. Even Lebron makes < 20 million. No one in the NFL is worth that much money.

Indy and Seattle are going to skull fuck everyone else with a good qb if they do this.

ShaneB

That Kaep TD throw is exactly what I was just about to mention.

Also those projected numbers for Luck and Wilson sound just about right =/.

Top Bottom