• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Fuuuuuuuuck this shit.

That is NBA player money. Correction, that is more than NBA player money. I don't think anyone other than Kobe makes that kind of money. Even Lebron makes < 20 million. No one in the NFL is worth that much money.

Indy and Seattle are going to skull fuck everyone else with a good qb if they do this.

Here is every NBA that makes more then $20m a season:
1. Kobe Bryant $30,453,000
2. Dirk Nowitzki $22,721,381
3. Gilbert Arenas $22,346,536
4. Amare Stoudemire $21,679,893
5. Carmelo Anthony $21,490,000
6. Joe Johnson $21,466,718
7. Dwight Howard $20,513,178

LOL at that Arenas contract, worst in all of sports.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dwight Howard

:jnc

?

Him and Dirk are the only two guys worth it.

The Kobe deal is the most egregious. Lakers can have any free agent they want in all of basketball and they choose to hitch their wagons to a 35 year old washed up bum. That extension they gave him was completely ridiculous.

That Kobe contract is nuts. He really should have taken less so that the Lakers would have had some flexibility to bring in another star player.

Greg

just tried coconut milk for the first time...

whole milk or go home
?

Him and Dirk are the only two guys worth it.

The Kobe deal is the most egregious. Lakers can have any free agent they want in all of basketball and they choose to hitch their wagons to a 35 year old washed up bum. That extension they gave him was completely ridiculous.
Howard is a bum

Bowser

Not coconut milk, but this is the best coconut water out there bar none:

Harmless-Harvest-16oz-214x300.jpg

fucking delicious, so good

dionysus

Yaldog
Howard is a bum

NBA leader in 2014 for rebounds and blocks plus 18.3 pts per game. Yea total bum tier.

When I worked in Rio de Janeiro I'd exit my hotel or apartment on Ipanema beach and purchase a coconut and drink the water. One of the more pleasant parts about Rio. In general I disliked Brazil though.

More Will Hill fun. He apparently rented a house, trashed it and now refuses to pay for the damages.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/...afety_with_claims_he_trashed_rental_home.html

A report by PIX11 claims Hill caused $15,000 in damage and loss of income to the family home of Jameelah Williams. She said there was maggot infestation, holes in the wall, dog feces from his four pit bulls and filthy bathtubs in the home HIll was renting for him and some of his friends.

Hill's representatives reportedly negotiated the amount he'd pay down to $2,500. He still hasn't come through on those payments.

"I'm really disgusted with him. This is such a beautiful house," Williams told PIX11's Howard Thompson back in February during one of his "Help Me Howard" pieces. "My grandparents lived here for so long. We just have so many great memories. And we really just wanted to keep the house in our family. But he destroyed it."

Thompson has tried, unsuccessfully, for months to track down Hill. He's gone through the Giants, Hill's agent and his money manager. No luck.

When told of Hill being released by the Giants this week, Williams didn't seem too distraught.

"Karma got him," she said.

He's also no activated in the Arena Football League where he's going to be playing for the Rattlers.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yeah plain old coconut water is gross as hell. The only way to make it okay is to start adding other fruit to it, at which point you might as well cut out the coconut.

Bowser

You can't get any of those brands that are in those tetra paks or whatever (Vitacoco, Zico, Coco Libre, etc). Those are all pasteurized/heated which destroys the taste. Give the brand I posted above a try before you swear off coconut water. I thought coconut water was gross too until I tried that brand. Tastes completely different than the regular supermarket ones. They sell Harmless Harvest in Whole Foods.

Spinluck

So are they Kobe for what he's done? Or is his retirement package included?

Any XB1 owners want to do an NFL.com fantasy league this year? I want to do a league just for fun and I dont want to use yahoo anymore.

methodman

Banned
After reading the contract details for kap's new contract... I ain't mad at it. The de-escalator clauses are amazing. Make the superbowl, you get paid guaranteed cash. Miss it, and you don't. Love it. Great job by our front office.

Side note: brand new PS4 available for $370 shipped no tax...fuckkkkkk I'm thisclose to pulling the trigger...

E3's right around the corner, brah. I'd wait and see what sony has up their sleeves. May not be a price cut, but may be something nice as well.

effzee

As usual the outrage for contracts and the supposed total amount is overblown.

The teams usually win with enough clauses put in to cut ties with minimal damage.

bionic77

That's pretty much exactly like Rodgers so....

Heck of an arm. Manning and Brady are jealous.

Luck is going to get paid. Heck, RG3 will get paid because they already mortgaged their future for him.
Rogers has a good arm but I wouldn't say he has a rocket arm. And he definitely couldn't throw that ball on a wire changing direction and jumping in the air.

Sanjuro

Arenas? Is this a 2006 list?

cdyhybrid

Wii U on the truck for delivery!

That Kap contract is unreal good for the Niners. Hilarious to see all the people going nuts and mocking the team when in reality the contract is less of an anchor on the team than even Sherman's to Seattle.

The question now is do the Colts, Seahawks and Panthers follow this model, or get burned hard. If I'm a betting man, I think the Panthers will win out with the best contract for the team, while the other two get sunk. Hard.

Yeah, I'm sure the front office that built a Super Bowl-winning team from scratch in 4 years is going to submarine the entire franchise with one contract.

He will, but not with the Seahawks. He's gonna be a Jet and get arrested for snorting cocaine out of a skanky lady her asshole.

Don't worry, Tavaris will be your savior.

I'm okay with this.

Bowser

Arenas? Is this a 2006 list?

Nope, he still gettin' paid. He signed a 6 year, $111m deal in 2008. He was amnestied by the Orlando Magic in 2011 which means he still gets paid but his deal doesn't count against the cap.

But what does Arenas care? He's still getting paid.

The Wizards dealt him to the Orlando Magic in 2010. Less than a year later, the Magic amnestied him while there was still roughly three years and $62 million remaining on his deal.

"The NBA says I get 20-something (million) this year?" he asked to the world at large. "I stopped keeping track."

Must be nice. Must be even nicer to know he'll be getting paid by the Magic for a while longer.

"When the amnesty kicked in, they were allowed to expand the contract," Arenas explained. "So I'm still getting paid until 2016."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-he-could-have-worst-nba-contract-of-all-time

Doomsayer

Man, Paraag Marathe is a fucking wizard. Those contract details are insane, love the deal for the 49ers. I had full confidence we weren't going to get fleeced and I laugh at all of you prematurely calling the contract a detriment to the future of the organization.

Especially Kas, you delusional bastard. Stick to your empty stats and meaningless records.

Hilariously true. Somehow.
Hilarious? A platform holder known for their top quality first party titles has a console on the market for a year and a half that has a deeper first party library than two consoles that have been on the market for 8 months. ....um duh?

The fundamental difference is first party development is the only thing keeping the Wii U on life support. Sony and Microsoft are taking time to release their first party content (and I still question Microsoft ability to deliver in that regard) but the difference is they have actual third party support to prop their consoles up in the meantime. As opposed to the graveyard that was the Wii U for most of year one. Something that's easily (hilariously?) forgotten it seems.

Top Bottom