• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

bionic77

WigglyConcreteBuckeyebutterfly.gif
That's not the kind of ass you flaunt.

I don't mind a small ass but it was used incorrectly in this instance.

cajunator

Banned
Hilarious? A platform holder known for their top quality first party titles has a console on the market for a year and a half that has a deeper first party library than two consoles that have been on the market for 8 months. ....um duh?

The fundamental difference is first party development is the only thing keeping the Wii U on life support. Sony and Microsoft are taking time to release their first party content (and I still question Microsoft ability to deliver in that regard) but the difference is they have actual third party support to prop their consoles up in the meantime. As opposed to the graveyard that was the Wii U for most of year one. Something that's easily (hilariously?) forgotten it seems.

I dunno. I dont even see much on the horizon for the Xbone or Ps4. Not sure wtf they are waiting for.

Denial....not just a river on Egypt.

I'm sure BLarry and FMT said no way it will happen as well.

Read the details of kaps contract bruh. We are taking a huge hit but it's more than manageable. Guarantee these other QBs get similar type deals thrown their way. Add in minor salary cap boosts each year and this doesn't have to cripple a team

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Deadspin's take:

http://deadspin.com/colin-kaepernicks-126-million-contract-is-remarkably-1586520353

Kaepernick's contract will never pay him $126 million, and he'll likely need to play for five years to reach the $61 million that's "guaranteed." If he falls off the face of the earth tomorrow, he'll get $13 million for one year and that's it. If he remains elite, the 49ers will have him at very manageable rates—even as the leaguewide salary cap goes up—until they decide to stop paying. A franchise QB has never been so disposable.

Hilarious? A platform holder known for their top quality first party titles has a console on the market for a year and a half that has a deeper first party library than two consoles that have been on the market for 8 months. ....um duh?

The fundamental difference is first party development is the only thing keeping the Wii U on life support. Sony and Microsoft are taking time to release their first party content (and I still question Microsoft ability to deliver in that regard) but the difference is they have actual third party support to prop their consoles up in the meantime. As opposed to the graveyard that was the Wii U for most of year one. Something that's easily (hilariously?) forgotten it seems.
Did someone start a sales-age discussion that I missed? I think the PS4 will end up being my favorite platform this gen but the Wii U has my favorite library so far. That's all I was saying. It might be obvious to you or me that this is the case but the average gamer probably wouldn't expect it, even with Nintendo's head start.

Just read up on the finer details of Kaep's new contract. Niners fans should be thrilled with this. Dude is talented as fuck and hasn't even reached his ceiling yet, and in case he does bottom out the organization can dump him with minimal losses. Eat your heart out, Ozzie.

That's all I was saying. .
Considering I wasn't directing my comments to you, I'm not sure why you're upset. I actually agree with you!

Nor does my comment have anything to do with sales whatsoever so I'm not sure why that's even being mentioned. I just happen to think people have a somewhat ridiculous expectation of what these new consoles should be 8 months in is all and its not exactly shocking that the Wii U has a better library right now. It /should/ considering the time its been available. At least from a first party perspective.

cajunator

Banned
Considering I wasn't directing my comments to you, I'm not sure why you're upset. I actually agree with you!

Nor does my comment have anything to do with sales whatsoever so I'm not sure why that's even being mentioned. I just happen to think people have a somewhat ridiculous expectation of what these new consoles should be 8 months in is all and its not exactly shocking that the Wii U has a better library right now. It /should/. At least from a first party perspective.

Actually it had a betterl ibrary even at 8 months from launch. The other two consoles are seriously dragging their asses. I know its due to lack of competition from nintendo but its kind of ridiculous. I think its likely because games now are so complex they take forever to develop but thats a bed gamers and game companies made for themselves.
Thank god for the indie gaming movement.

Actually it had a betterl ibrary even at 8 months from launch.
To your tastes maybe but by your own admission you don't care about gaming outside a Nintendo title here or there. I've owned every current gen console since launch so I can speak from experience as someone that plays a very large portion of games released and no. Just no. That's a completely laughable statement.

I think its likely because games now are so complex they take forever to develop but thats a bed gamers and game companies made for themselves.
That's a bed Nintendo made for themselves as well. They were completely unprepared for HD development which is what took them so long to get these games out there to start with. Development takes time. Gamers could use a bit more patience Your $400-$500 investment doesn't need to be completely justified year one. If it had to be, then you (and that's a general use of the word "you") should have never spent the money to begin with.

jmdajr

I guess if you like Nintendo Franchises, it's not the worst investment.

I can live without it though at the current price.

Nor does my comment have anything to do with sales whatsoever so I'm not sure why that's even being mentioned. I just happen to think people have a somewhat ridiculous expectation of what these new consoles should be 8 months in is all and its not exactly shocking that the Wii U has a better library right now. It /should/ considering the time its been available. At least from a first party perspective.
I'm not upset at all my friend, sorry if it came across that way. I guess I just misunderstood you, your comment seemed to touch on how the consoles were doing from a sales point of view.

I'm very happy with my PS4 so far. The only retail game I've purchased this year is Infamous but I knew what to expect going in and I've been staying plenty busy with FIFA, BF4, and the occasional indie title. In fact, I think the PS4 is off to a better start than the PS3, which was more or less a wasteland until fall '07. 2014 looks pretty weak for the PS4 to me though, which I have to say is a little disappointing.

Semi-related, I really want to play Wolfenstein but I don't want to pay more than $40. I wish Redbox would start stocking PS4 games in my area...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Browns sign rookie Chris Kirksey.

I already know he's an improvement over Robertson but that's not saying much.

I'm not upset at all my friend, sorry if it came across that way. I guess I just misunderstood you, your comment seemed to touch on how the consoles were doing from a sales point of view.

I'm very happy with my PS4 so far. The only retail game I've purchased this year is Infamous but I knew what to expect going in and I've been staying plenty busy with FIFA, BF4, and the occasional indie title. In fact, I think the PS4 is off to a better start than the PS3, which was more or less a wasteland until fall '07. 2014 looks pretty weak for the PS4 to me though, which I have to say is a little disappointing.

Semi-related, I really want to play Wolfenstein but I don't want to pay more than $40. I wish Redbox would start stocking PS4 games in my area...
Nothing to apologize for.:)

I was strictly commenting on the library for these consoles and my own frustration with the impatience gamers seem to have with releases of "big" titles. I'll be honest, I have a fucking backlog on my PS4 in between releases games like Watch Dogs and indies (which I'm a big big fan of!).

cajunator

Banned
To your tastes maybe but by your own admission you don't care about gaming outside a Nintendo title here or there. I've owned every current gen console since launch so I can speak from experience as someone that plays a very large portion of games released and no. Just no. That's a completely laughable statement.

That's a bed Nintendo made for themselves as well. They were completely unprepared for HD development which is what took them so long to get these games out there to start with. Development takes time. Gamers could use a bit more patience Your $400-$500 investment doesn't need to be completely justified year one. If it had to be, then you should have never spent the money to begin with.

No I mean like it had an early Monster Hunter HD, Wonderful 101, Sonic Lost world, that sorta stuff. A lot of it was third party.

cajunator

Banned

I was strictly commenting on the library for these consoles and my own frustration with the seeming impatience gamers seem to have with releases of "big" titles. I'll be honest, I have a fucking backlog on my PS4 in between releases games like Watch Dogs and indies (which I'm a big big fan of!).

I get frustrated when companies tease things like BGE2 and Last guardian and then delay the fuck out of them for half a decade while refusing to say they are cancelled and then dropping little teasers now and then. that kind of carrot dangling nonsense. Unfortunately THOSE are the sorts of games Im interested in, and not Infamous or some other generic action thing.

I was strictly commenting on the library for these consoles and my own frustration with the impatience gamers seem to have with releases of "big" titles. I'll be honest, I have a fucking backlog on my PS4 in between releases games like Watch Dogs and indies (which I'm a big big fan of!).
How are you liking Watch Dogs? Looks like a solid game to me but not worth $60. I got back to playing Transistor a few days ago and I'm really enjoying that game. I also picked up 1001 Spikes on Wii U last night, it's a lot of fun if you're into brutal platformers.

How are you liking Watch Dogs? Looks like a solid game to me but not worth $60. I got back to playing Transistor a few days ago and I'm really enjoying that game. I also picked up 1001 Spikes on Wii U last night, it's a lot of fun if you're into brutal platformers.
Watch Dogs is solid. They got the open world stuff right in terms of just messing around and doing a ridiculous number of side missions. The main missions are designed well but the story is awful. All the downgrade nonsense was so overblown. It won't blow you away visually 100% of the time but its a nice looking game on the PS4.

Transistor is downloaded but its going to get attention after Mario Kart and Donkey Kong.

EDIT: Witcher 3 release date announced!

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtVdAasjOgU

Watch Dogs is solid. They got the open world stuff right in terms of just messing around and doing a ridiculous number of side missions. The main missions are designed well but the story is awful. All the downgrade nonsense was so overblown. It won't blow you away visually 100% of the time but its a nice looking game on the PS4.

Transistor is downloaded but its going to get attention after Mario Kart and Donkey Kong.

EDIT: Witcher 3 release date announced!

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtVdAasjOgU

Man, I was in the store again today, Watch Dogs in hand, and I put it back and walked out.

I want to buy it, but I also don't want to buy it. Also, for some reason Watch Dogs is cheaper than Black Flag. What the fuck is up with that?

Go grab your lotion Dutch..Alex Morgan swimsuit shoot..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_ztW_LLdZo#t=36
No time for lotion.

I posted this up on facebook which was me playing around with all of the hacking options during one of the missions:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=851675184860117

I also played around with Share Factory and made this to show off some of the water effects and the different stages of one mission:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-imEJKZujM

Hmmmmm

Dammit, I decided I wasn't gonna buy it.

Why don't I have infinite money.

Dutch, we need to team up for some 2v2 seasons sometime. I've never tried it.

I'm in. I've played it with friends before it's fun.

That means we need to take our internet relationship to the next level and actually chat so we can yell at each other when they pass too late or when they go for their own succes instead of passing it for an easy goal.

I'm in. I've played it with friends before it's fun.

That means we need to take our internet relationship to the next level and actually chat so we can yell at each other when they pass too late or when they go for their own succes instead of passing it for an easy goal.
Sounds like a plan to me! What's the highest division you've made it to?

bionic77

Read the details of kaps contract bruh. We are taking a huge hit but it's more than manageable. Guarantee these other QBs get similar type deals thrown their way. Add in minor salary cap boosts each year and this doesn't have to cripple a team
Kap is not the problem for the Niners and Wussle won't be the problem for the Hawks.

Their problem is they are so stacked on both sides of the ball. That is not sustainable for long in today's NFL.

You can keep the qb and receiver but it will be tough to keep the beast o line and your depth behind them.

bionic77

The only system worth owning for games these days is the 3DS.

Maybe the WiiU if Mariokart is half as fun as those GIFs but not sure what comes after.

Nice. I made it to division 2 recently by myself but those people are too good... I keep losing by one goal.

By myself I once made it to Division 1 on the 360. But it's really difficult there yeah, most of the time I was stuck in Division 2 as well.

You don't play FUT right? Didn't try the World cup version? It's kinda fun, made it to the semi-finals with a shitty team, I keep buying packs with the coins I win, but I have 0 luck.

Top Bottom