• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
That shit Cali pizza explains a lot about KAS.

To most people it looks like something that came out of a sick persons ass. To KAS it looks like a high end $30 meal.

Don't you dare insult Casa Bianca. It's been in business in Los Angeles since 1955 for a reason. From what I've been reading I guess it would qualify as Detroit style because of the thin crust and square slices?

The pic doesn't show the seasoning they use on the dough which adds a pretty distinct flavor to it. Josh Freeman would approve.

Is GAF doing that thing where accounts get approved quicker around E3?

If so OT might get even more hilarious.

I wonder how the servers are going to handle this year. Even though we make fun of it at times, the GAF servers have gotten somewhat better during E3 over the years. Either way super hyped for this E3.

I'll probably pick up one of the next gen consoles (Wii U included) depending on who has the best future lineup for me personally.

Is GAF doing that thing where accounts get approved quicker around E3?

If so OT might get even more hilarious.

Cannon fodder so that the more tenured members' trolling gets tossed to the side.

God that Thacker thread pissed me off. I haven't interviewed for anything that paid nearly as much as he said that position did, but there are rules to interviewing that you just have to accept. I'm pretty certain midway through the thread he realized it was all for naught and started doing that 'Murica shit. I still refuse to believe someone could be THAT fucking stupid.

DMczaf

Pussy stays on my mind

KanyeTwirl.gif

Doomsayer

Damn, I've mistaken Kas for Hito for quite some time.

I was wondering why Hito was talking about pizza places in Los Angeles. Fucking avatars, man.

I'm drunk. I hate Wednesdays.

Don't you dare insult Casa Bianca. It's been in business in Los Angeles since 1955 for a reason. From what I've been reading I guess it would qualify as Detroit style because of the thin crust and square slices?

The pic doesn't show the seasoning they use on the dough which adds a pretty distinct flavor to it. Josh Freeman would approve.

I wonder how the servers are going to handle this year. Even though we make fun of it at times, the GAF servers have gotten somewhat better during E3 over the years. Either way super hyped for this E3.

I'll probably pick up one of the next gen consoles (Wii U included) depending on who has the best future lineup for me personally.

Don't let these east coast losers trash talk our superior food bruh

Spinluck

If you get a Wii U then you'll have a Stafford supporter in me Kas!

We Lost some cool juniors last E3

RIP that Jets fan who put the Thousand Island dressing on that microwaved hotdog. He had potential to be an amazing poster.

Cannon fodder so that the more tenured members' trolling gets tossed to the side.

God that Thacker thread pissed me off. I haven't interviewed for anything that paid nearly as much as he said that position did, but there are rules to interviewing that you just have to accept. I'm pretty certain midway through the thread he realized it was all for naught and started doing that 'Murica shit. I still refuse to believe someone could be THAT fucking stupid.

Did he say the salary was 70k, right? LOL. It honestly sounds like the dude has never worked a day in his life. Going by the thread he had absolutely nothing to attend to that day, and he comes in and acts like he should be their priority. As if they don't have some job to do. I've waited over an hour for appointments, interviews, or whatever. I honestly don't think it's that hard to do, especially when you were pretty much guaranteed a job after the wait lol.

cdyhybrid

Did he say the salary was 70k, right? LOL. It honestly sounds like the dude has never worked a day in his life. Going by the thread he had absolutely nothing to attend to that day, and he comes in and acts like he should be their priority. As if they don't have some job to do. I've waited over an hour for appointments, interviews, or whatever. I honestly don't think it's that hard to do, especially when you were pretty much guaranteed a job after the wait lol.

The best part is that he made a thread a while back about how a "mutual" fight with his girlfriend resulted in a blemish on his criminal record, so it became impossible for him to get a job. In this thread, he campaigned for empathy and sympathy and begged for a second chance.

Then he gets the chance and leaves in the middle of the interview because he didn't understand the process and didn't think he should have to stoop so low as to ask what was going on.

A Shakespearean tragedy.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So a guy who knows more about these things than I (https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle) is saying on his Twitter feed that essentially the Santa Clara front office won with this contract, not Kaep (and detailing why).

Interesting reading for those of you into that sort of info.

49ers hit a home run with Kaepernick contract. If he plays to value, great. If not, they can cut him without issue.

Gabbert future is still on!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/05/the-full-kaepernick-contract-details/

Technically, the deal has $61 million guaranteed, even though $6 million of the guaranteed salary could evaporate (more on that later). Either way, only $13.073 million is guaranteed at signing. It comes in the form of a $12.328 million signing bonus, a base salary of $645,000, and a workout bonus of $100,000.

For 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and part of 2018, the base salaries are guaranteed only for injury. On April 1 of each year, the guarantees convert from injury only to fully guaranteed. That gives the 49ers the ability to decide, in any given year, to move on from Kaepernick. And with the deadline for the conversion of the guarantee coming on April 1, the 49ers can squat on his rights until several weeks after the start of free agency, making it harder for him to get paid elsewhere.

In each year from 2015 through 2020, however, there’s a catch. A big one. The total payout potentially de-escalates by $2 million per year, with up to $12 million potentially going away.

Kaepernick can halt the de-escalation by taking, in any year of the deal, 80 percent of the snaps and if: (1) the 49ers appear in the Super Bowl; or (2) Kaepernick is named a first-team or second-team All-Pro. If he satisfies the requirement in 2014, the full $12 million remains. If he fails in 2014 but succeeds in 2015, $10 million stays. If he does it for the first time in 2016, $8 million remains. If he does it for the first time in 2017, $6 million stays — and so on until 2019, when if he satisfies the requirement that year for the first time $2 million stays in the deal for 2010.

It’s a convoluted way to pump up the base value of the deal artificially, allowing Kaepernick and his agents to claim that the deal is better than it will be, unless he satisfies the requirements to stop the de-escalator this year.

The contract also includes, starting in 2015, a whopping $2 million per year in per-game roster bonuses, an amount that one source characterized as “massive” in comparison to similar deals. It means that, for every game Kaepernick misses due to injury after the 2014 season, he loses $125,000.

The contract also requires Kaepernick to purchase, with after-tax dollars, a disability policy that pays the 49ers $20 million if he suffers a career-ending injury.

As one source put it, Kaepernick can feel good about the deal because he has a lot more guaranteed money today than he had yesterday. But the same source also added that the 49ers are nevertheless “thrilled” with the contract, which allows them to control Kaepernick’s rights for seven years and to move on after any of the next six seasons, if they ultimately decide that Kaepernick is more like the guy who struggled at times during the 2013 regular season and less like the guy who found the gas pedal in the playoffs.

If they keep him, the average payout will be low in comparison to other franchise quarterbacks, and the difference will become glaring as other franchise quarterbacks get new deals under a salary cap that is expected to continue to spike.

So now that Kaepernick's extended, here are the current list of QBs eligible for free agency next offseason:

Smith, Vick, Moore, Hasselbeck, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, Sanchez, Hill, Campbell, Dalton, Jackson, Flynn, Hoyer, McCown, Orlovsky, Painter, McCoy, Webb, Mallett, Thigpen, Palmer, Johnson, Edwards, Hanie, Pryor, Tolzien, Stanzi, Yates, and Taylor.

Let's talk about how fucked the Chiefs and Bengals are.

Alchemy

So now that Kaepernick's extended, here are the current list of QBs eligible for free agency next offseason:

Smith, Vick, Moore, Hasselbeck, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, Sanchez, Hill, Campbell, Dalton, Jackson, Flynn, Hoyer, McCown, Orlovsky, Painter, McCoy, Webb, Mallett, Thigpen, Palmer, Johnson, Edwards, Hanie, Pryor, Tolzien, Stanzi, Yates, and Taylor.

Let's talk about how fucked the Chiefs and Bengals are.

Thought Andy Dalton was in a make or break season this year. If he shits the bed in the playoffs again (if they even get there) I can't imagine anyone wanting to drop top dollar on him.

The Alex Smith scenario is a little more interesting. If he walks from the Chiefs, are there any playoff caliber offenses out there that need a QB? No way can he carry an offense and I imagine he would be paid as such.

rando14

I could but I'm already at 2325 words...it would take me forever to change all those spaces lol I guess if I can't do the last page that's an option.

Nah just go to Find and Replace, enter a space and replace with a space sized 16 or something, does that work? I think I remember that working

:jnc, all just evidence of how much I slacked on writing papers in college I guess!! I'm glad I could help man!!

Usually I don't have a problem writing my papers but I got sick, started a new position at work and I have finals this Saturday, everything came together at the worst possible time and I fell behind on my readings so now I'm trying to catch up, hopefully I have enough time to go over all the chapters before my finals.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
cdy has a tag o_O

FMT, Xia and the rest of NinersGAF today:

07-minister.jpg

Your franchise QB can't go through basic reads, has a horrible arm and can scramble for a first down here and there. I don't care about contract or lawyer speak these remain the facts. He is a mediocre QB who has the best head coach in the league and an amazing defense and running game backing him up.

Top Bottom