• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

By myself I once made it to Division 1 on the 360. But it's really difficult there yeah, most of the time I was stuck in Division 2 as well.

You don't play FUT right? Didn't try the World cup version? It's kinda fun, made it to the semi-finals with a shitty team, I keep buying packs with the coins I win, but I have 0 luck.
Nah, I don't mess with FUT. I'm still mad at EA for taking tournament mode of of FIFA 14 just so they could devote more resources to that garbage mode (they won't admit this but I know the truth!). How does FUT work for World Cup anyway? Can you play as the Dutch and have players from all over the world or what? Is it set up like a WC tournament that you progress through? That would be really fun but I don't want to do it in FUT.

I played some friendly matches against the CPU just to see the WC stuff. It was pretty cool but it seems kind of lazy. Why is Donovan a starter on the US squad? lol

Nah, I don't mess with FUT. I'm still mad at EA for taking tournament mode of of FIFA 14 just so they could devote more resources to that garbage mode (they won't admit this but I know the truth!). How does FUT work for World Cup anyway? Can you play as the Dutch and have players from all over the world or what? Is it set up like a WC tournament that you progress through? That would be really fun but I don't want to do it in FUT.

I played some friendly matches against the CPU just to see the WC stuff. It was pretty cool but it seems kind of lazy. Why is Donovan a starter on the US squad? lol

It kinda Works the Same as regular fut, but with less of the weird gameplay from FUT. You choose the country you support and you get their shirts and that's it. Then you get a full squad of players and then you have to buy packs with the coins you win. There is no transfer market, so it's all luck based and I have none.

Then you can build your own team, based on team chemistry.

It's fun to play through the tournament with more stress coming with every round you advance.

It kinda Works the Same as regular fut, but with less of the weird gameplay from FUT. You choose the country you support and you get their shirts and that's it. Then you get a full squad of players and then you have to buy packs with the coins you win. There is no transfer market, so it's all luck based and I have none.

Then you can build your own team, based on team chemistry.

It's fun to play through the tournament with more stress coming with every round you advance.
So I could play as the US with a bunch of players from all over the world... Wow, way to completely miss the point, EA. This could have been a really cool mode but instead it gets ruined because they just want to squeeze more money out of you for FUT cards.

I guess it's cool that they have this tournament mode for you to do or whatever but the WC stuff is just superficial it sounds like. Kind of lame.

Bread

Banned
I lost 6-0 after getting out of my group my first try in FUT

The guy had like all 85 overall players it was bullshit.

I lost 6-0 after getting out of my group my first try in FUT

The guy had like all 85 overall players it was bullshit.

Same with me in the semi-final. Wrecked by Ozil, Balotelli, Reus, Neuer and guys like that.

So I could play as the US with a bunch of players from all over the world... Wow, way to completely miss the point, EA. This could have been a really cool mode but instead it gets ruined because they just want to squeeze more money out of you for FUT cards.

I guess it's cool that they have this tournament mode for you to do or whatever but the WC stuff is just superficial it sounds like. Kind of lame.

You can build a US squad, but for that to happen you need to buy an endless amount of packs. If the transfer market was still there you could just buy the players you wanted, but EA fucked up their transfer market so much already that they didn't even bother for the WC.

LevelNth

Banned
People always refer to the Niners drafting as their specialty, but frankly, it's their contract management. No one else in the entire league does this as well as the Niners.

This is why the Luck and Wilson contracts are going to look so different. They are going to function just like Flacco's is my bet. It makes a huge, huge difference.

JABEE

Kaep has his tats in the new Madden.

n1TrrNy.jpg

Looks better than Madden 25 on PS4.

Kaep has his tats in the new Madden.

n1TrrNy.jpg

Looks better than Madden 25 on PS4.
Any screenshots of an actual in-game view and not the replays?

They trotted out pretty bullshots of 25 and we got a minor upgrade over the previous gen releases. I'm cynical as hell about anything EA shows with these sports games.

rando14

People always refer to the Niners drafting as their specialty, but frankly, it's their contract management. No one else in the entire league does this as well as the Niners.

This is why the Luck and Wilson contracts are going to look so different. They are going to function just like Flacco's is my bet. It makes a huge, huge difference.

What makes you say that the Hawks are going to Flacco themselves?

JABEE

Any screenshots of an actual in-game view and not the replays?

They trotted out pretty bullshots of 25 and we got a minor upgrade over the previous gen releases. I'm cynical as hell about anything EA shows with these sports games.
Nothing.

And you're right, that RG3 video from E3 looks nothing like the final game. We will have to wait and see. The first NHL Next Gen screenshot looks pretty good. I hope this is when EA sports titles starts looking better.

To be fair though, Kaep's contract would probably look a lot different if he had a SB ring.

Wes

venison crêpe
Most of the USA games are at shit times so no.

Monday 6pm Eastern,
Sunday 5pm,
Thursday 12pm.

They're not all that bad all things considered (where the things being considered are European viewing numbers and lining FIFA's pockets).

Hunter S.

Monday 6pm Eastern,
Sunday 5pm,
Thursday 12pm.

They're not all that bad all things considered (where the things being considered are European viewing numbers and lining FIFA's pockets).
I live in mountain time which is two hours behind, yo. 3 hour behind for Pacific. Oh, well...

Wes

venison crêpe
I live in mountain time which is two hours behind, yo. 3 hour behind for Pacific. Oh, well...

Hopefully you guys are still in the running to make it out of the group by the time that last match against Germany rolls around. Maybe bosses will be more willing for you guys to watch whilst at work then!

Hunter S.

Hopefully you guys are still in the running to make it out of the group by the time that last match against Germany rolls around. Maybe bosses will be more willing for you guys to watch whilst at work then!

I can probably catch bits of it watching with headphones on at work. Just depends on of it is streaming for free in the US.

LevelNth

Banned
What makes you say that the Hawks are going to Flacco themselves?
Impossible to know of course, but the structure of Kap's deal is not that different from previous deals other players have signed for the Niners in the last 3 years.

Other teams, including the Hawks (evidenced by Sherman's) are not structuring their contracts like that.

It will be interesting to see because Wilson can (not that he should nor do I feel deserves it more, both are sheltered by strong D/run games) demand an absurd amount.

I'm gonna have a 2 hour lunch that day.

cdyhybrid

Come on breh, we all know Eastern time is superior.

Congrats on the Wii U btw! You won't regret it.

UPS apparently doesn't think my address exists even though they've delivered packages here before.

I bet the fucking driver punched in the address wrong or some bullshit.

Why do I pay for shipping again?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
BpZa8RaCYAAmCDt.jpg

Handsome, hairless, under contract.

UPS apparently doesn't think my address exists even though they've delivered packages here before.

I bet the fucking driver punched in the address wrong or some bullshit.

Why do I pay for shipping again?

Amazon prime, bro. Shipping is for suckers.

MechDX

Not posted:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 47m
LA, Chicago and NY (MSG) are finalists to host 2015 NFL Draft. Why? Radio City informed @NFL that it will NOT be available in April or May

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 45m
More draft news: The @NFL is focusing on availability for two possible events dates with 3 cities: April 22-25 and April 29-May 2.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 50m
Source: Letters were sent out today to 3 cities regarding potential hosting of 2015 NFL Draft, requesting more info: Chicago, LA & New York

"Prior to last season, the Baltimore Ravens paid Joe Flacco a signing bonus of $29 million, and Matthew Stafford received $27.5 million up front as part of an extension from the Detroit Lions. There is little question that Kaepernick could have received a lot more fully guaranteed money from the 49ers. And, obviously, a strong argument can be made that his agent should have insisted upon it.

But sources told CSNBayArea.com that Kaepernick wanted it this way. Kaepernick, who recorded one of the top Wonderlic intelligence scores of all NFL starting quarterbacks, knew the exact details and ramifications of his contract.And while the agent community is panning the performance of his representation in accepting this kind of team-friendly deal, Kaepernick made good on his promises.

A source with knowledge of Kaepernick's mindset said the 49ers quarterback wanted his deal to be "flexible so that (the 49ers) could sign other guys." Kaepernick's contract does not exhaust the 49ers' salary this season and figures to be manageable in future years, too."

God bless you kap

MechDX

For EZ:

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...23&cmpid=twitter-premium&t=b432c1d38d006749db

When Texans free safety Kendrick Lewis drives up to NRG Stadium and parks off of Kirby and McNee, he is hit with unpleasant memories.

Long before Lewis signed with the Texans during free agency this year, and long before he played against them as he lined up on defense with Kansas City for the last four seasons, Lewis visited the stadium during one of the hardest times in his life.

In August 2005, when Lewis was just 17-years old, he fled his hometown of New Orleans with his uncle and headed to Houston just as Hurricane Katrina destroyed the city. A few weeks later, he and some family members who made it to Houston drove up to Reliant and pulled in the same parking lot off Kirby and McNee to pick up the last of his family members who made it out of New Orleans after the storm.

When Texans free safety Kendrick Lewis drives up to NRG Stadium and parks off of Kirby and McNee, he is hit with unpleasant memories.

Long before Lewis signed with the Texans during free agency this year, and long before he played against them as he lined up on defense with Kansas City for the last four seasons, Lewis visited the stadium during one of the hardest times in his life.

In August 2005, when Lewis was just 17-years old, he fled his hometown of New Orleans with his uncle and headed to Houston just as Hurricane Katrina destroyed the city. A few weeks later, he and some family members who made it to Houston drove up to Reliant and pulled in the same parking lot off Kirby and McNee to pick up the last of his family members who made it out of New Orleans after the storm.

Texans to the Superbowl because "Katrina"

Top Bottom