• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Spinluck

Manu's road to redemption. This game is way too close.

Weirdly enough this is the least excited I have probably ever been about e3.

Event is not what it used to be.

It's always been nothing more than a trade show. But I'm assuming this is referring to the days where you used to be a GAF nerd, and had nothing but gaming mags to feed you E3 news!

I don't care too much either, but there are still a few games I'm excited to see and keeping an eye out for. I am predicting 10 open world games get announced this year that will crash GAF for a days. 6 of those might be shooters.

bionic77

Manu's road to redemption. This game is way too close.

It's always been nothing more than a trade show. But I'm assuming this is referring to the days where you used to be a GAF nerd, and had nothing but gaming mags to feed you E3 news!

I don't care too much either, but there are still a few games I'm excited to see and keeping an eye out for. I am predicting 10 open world games get announced this year that will crash GAF for a days. 6 of those might be shooters.
I don't know there used to be a time where it felt like part trade show and part fan experience.

Part of the problem is the internet. Before half of the news for the year would come out at e3. Now news is 24/7 and there are obviously less surprises than before.

Also please man up Spurs. For fucks sake.

cajunator

Banned
The console wars are heating up again in anticipation of Monday and Tuesday. Stay safe out there, friends.

Thats just something poors do if they cant afford the consoles.

The Saints perfect season on that prediction.

I know you didn't do it but you'd squee for a year if that happened.

Actually, Id be afraid of getting Patrioted. You remember that right? they went 18-0 and then lost the one game that matters. Gator do you remember that?

bionic77

Fucking Spurs, I should have expected this after how bad they choked last year.
Don't sweat it.

Cloudy just said the Spurs lost. 99.99999999999% of the time that means the opposite will happen.

If we could bet against Cloudy and KAS we would be richer than Warren Buffet.

MechDX

Arian Foster @ArianFoster · 7h

@johnson80,

🎶 but I refuuuuuuuse, to let you go!🎶 One time for the big homie Dre! http://instagram.com/p/o4HdoQQT2F/

Click the instagram link

:( Why Dre? Arian loves you dammit!

BpZqGZbCEAAUHA1.png:large

MechDX

Damn, sucks that LeBron can't be on the floor. The AC situation is ridiculous for a game of this magnitude.

Complete chickenshit but what can you except from the cesspool that is San Antonio? Filthy Cowboy and Longhorn fans all over the damn place

MechDX

Wait, what happened in the basketball game? Kinda sounds like a fiasco from the way you guys are describing it.

Arena has no air conditioning and its 90 degrees in the damn building

For comparison the temp at Texans OTA's today was 88

JABEE

SeRRJCD.jpg

Got stitches and came right back.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story...bell-boston-bruins-breaks-leg-done-postseason

Gregory Campbell finished a hockey game on a broken leg.

On top of injuries picked up through the previous three rounds, Bergeron suffered torn rib cartilage in Game 4, a broken rib on his left side in Game 5, and a separated right shoulder and a punctured left lung in Game 6. The lung eventually collapsed, sending Bergeron to the hospital immediately following the Bruins crushing loss. Following. He spent the next three days there in recovery. Part of that time he was hooked up to a machine that helped him breathe.

Patrice Bergeron in the Stanley Cup Final last season.

http://nhl.si.com/2014/04/29/2014-n...on-day-shows-no-gain-without-playing-in-pain/

Hockey players are nuts and Lebron gets cramps.

Arena has no air conditioning and its 90 degrees in the damn building

For comparison the temp at Texans OTA's today was 88
Spurs weren't getting the job done alone, but the arena staff came through in the clutch.

Finals MVP is currently the guy who flipped the breaker next to the HVAC

Syrinx

SeRRJCD.jpg

Got stitches and came right back.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story...bell-boston-bruins-breaks-leg-done-postseason

Gregory Campbell finished a hockey game on a broken leg.

Patrice Bergeron in the Stanley Cup Final last season.

http://nhl.si.com/2014/04/29/2014-n...on-day-shows-no-gain-without-playing-in-pain/

Hockey players are nuts and Lebron gets cramps.
I still remember Gregory Campbell doing that. Him staying on the ice during the PK immediately after he broke his leg until they were able to clear. Ballsy shit.

MechDX

Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell · 21m
hey lebron michael jordan was able to play in the atmosphere of animated outer space against aliens you serious

cajunator

Banned
It was 90 degrees.

That is not that bad.

It wasn't like they were playing in the Australian open when it gets 130 outside for up to 5 hours.

Ive worked in a room that hot before. the AC went out one weekend and it was so hot the door stoppers melted off the walls. But Im no athlete playing a full speed game.

MechDX

It was 90 degrees.

That is not that bad.

It wasn't like they were playing in the Australian open when it gets 130 outside for up to 5 hours.

90 degrees
in an enclosed space
With 50k people
and no air flow
Texas humidity
and that old people smell from the Spurs locker room

Shut it

LJ11

Once again, a great night for the NBA, everyone will be talking about this.

Cramps can wreck you. I still remember my first legit cramp in a HS BBall game. Went up for a layup, came down, and it was locked up completely. Felt my calf, rippled as hell, as if someone had put a buckshot into my calf. I thought I tore something. Insane pain, but I just squeezed the fuck of it because I was scared it was something much worse...lol

They'll be relentless, on Lebron. Ex-Players already taking their shots. Loving this.

effzee

I can't even comment in the nba thread anymore. NBA discussion in general even after all the guys have been banned is just beyond reason.

People have no idea what he went through. He couldn't even plant his leg or walk. How is he supposed to play on that? He did come back and aggravated it worse. Around the 3 min mark he got up to go in and the coach told him "no".

Heat are done IMO. I picked the Spurs to win the whole thing anyway but thought if somehow Miami won game 1 they had a chance. When Bosh hit that 4 point play I thought they would steal it.

Of course Lebron leaving was a punch in the gut but absolutely horrible game by Chalmers and then complete collapse on D in the fourth did them in.

BTW Lebron has a history with cramps. So while the no ac/heat affected everyone it obviously hurt Lebron the most.

I couldn't believe the Ray Allen full court coast to coast fast break where he dunked it!

Spinluck

How many of these Heat fans have been to Miami? This place is hot and humid as fuck.

@effeze

Yeah the guys there are a bit too sensitive it seems. Some of them are level headed, but that some is a huge minority.

MechDX

Not Coach O'Brien ‏@NotCoachOBrien · 2m
Cramps? I don't care if you have blunt force trauma. You get out there and you finish the damn game!

Not Coach O'Brien ‏@NotCoachOBrien · 9m
If I wanted to turn up the heat at NRG, I'd remove my shirt & do 1 armed pushups on the 50 yard line.

Spinluck

Not Coach O'Brien ‏@NotCoachOBrien · 2m
Cramps? I don't care if you have blunt force trauma. You get out there and you finish the damn game!

Not Coach O'Brien ‏@NotCoachOBrien · 9m
If I wanted to turn up the heat at NRG, I'd remove my shirt & do 1 armed pushups on the 50 yard line.

I thought it was actually him for a sec, would've been amazing lol

bionic77

90 degrees
in an enclosed space
With 50k people
and no air flow
Texas humidity
and that old people smell from the Spurs locker room

Shut it
Other than the smell it was still just 90 degrees.

Like I said people play outside in the fucking desert in soccer and tennis matches. This was a mild discomfort. The only reason it is a story is because the Heat lost and it caused a explosion between Lebron haters and fans.

Not everything needs to be a story. When Parker pulled his hammy in the first game of the finals last year there no stupid conspiracy theories. Sometimes people get unlucky and get hurt.

Top Bottom