• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
People don't like LeBron.

I get this but people need to get real. He played 33 minutes tonight. The heat is going to get to him more than any other player on the court given his size and the fact he has to do more on the court on both ends than any other player on the court.

Honestly at some point Spo should have refused to play the game. It was a total mockery of actual playing conditions in the second half.

Gotta love how people are saying the series is over after 1 game too. Heat had that game in the bag and honestly just cruise if Lebron doesn't cramp up when he did. They win game 2 and they're the ones in the drivers seat.

MechDX

Other than the smell it was still just 90 degrees.

Like I said people play outside in the fucking desert in soccer and tennis matches. This was a mild discomfort. The only reason it is a story is because the Heat lost and it caused a explosion between Lebron haters and fans.

Not everything needs to be a story. When Parker pulled his hammy in the first game of the finals last year there no stupid conspiracy theories. Sometimes people get unlucky and get hurt.

Just complete bullshit there was no damn AC in there. I have no horse in this race and could care less but fuck San Antonio.

bionic77

For me, it's less the injury. I don't hate LeBron the player, he just is a drama queen out there. Looks like a fool.
Cramps are a bitch. I hate them and they hurt like crazy.

Though I have seen people tough them out in other sports.

Whatever just too much stupidity from everyone.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Other than the smell it was still just 90 degrees.

Like I said people play outside in the fucking desert in soccer and tennis matches. This was a mild discomfort. The only reason it is a story is because the Heat lost and it caused a explosion between Lebron haters and fans.

Not everything needs to be a story. When Parker pulled his hammy in the first game of the finals last year there no stupid conspiracy theories. Sometimes people get unlucky and get hurt.

... yes heat is typically a factor in sports that are played outdoors. No shit.

It shouldn't be a factor in an NBA game. And it isn't in 99.99% of them. The fact it was in game 1 of the NBA finals is even more embarrassing than the power going out in a super bowl.

Sanjuro

Cramps are a bitch. I hate them and they hurt like crazy.

Though I have seen people tough them out in other sports.

Whatever just too much stupidity from everyone.

He probably should have went to the back for treatment or sat there instead of hamming it up for the camera. Gave everyone plenty of ammunition!

bionic77

... yes heat is typically a factor in sports that are played outdoors. No shit.

It shouldn't be a factor in an NBA game. And it isn't in 99.99% of them. The fact it was in game 1 of the NBA finals is even more embarrassing than the power going out in a super bowl.
It was only 90 degrees dude.

People are making it out it be way more than it actually was. It wasn't like they were playing in a hurricane.

Syrinx

NBA threads are really weird in how the praise for Kobe and especially Jordan goes beyond hyperbolic and into straight making-shit-up territory.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
They'll be relentless, on Lebron. Ex-Players already taking their shots. Loving this.

H0l74IY.jpg

bionic77

NBA threads are really weird in how the praise for Kobe and especially Jordan goes beyond hyperbolic and into straight making-shit-up territory.
The same is true for Lebron.

The only make believe stories you can really believe are about Magic Johnson.

Yes be really did score 40+ points in the NBA finals filling in for the greatest offensive player in NBA history.

Yes he really did cure AIDS.

Yes he really did have sex with 50% of attractive women in the US and Europe in the 80s and yes there is a 30% he is your real father.

Spinluck

Yes be really did score 40+ points in the NBA finals filling in for the greatest offensive player in NBA history.

Yes he really did have sex with 50% of attractive women in the US and Europe in the 80s and yes there is a 30% he is your real father.

:bionic

Spinluck

Funny when regs still get /penny'd.

Scooter going to go all-in in that NBA thread at this rate it seems.

Someone stop him, it's not worth it.

Things will get ugly in there, it's already more toxic because of this AC and cramping fiasco. People getting straight up belligerent.

JABEE

Magic Johnson is Genghis Khan.

Narag

Frankly, I marvel at Tom Penny's staying power. You'd think everyone would learn but nope. I credit the lack of avatar.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Frankly, I marvel at Tom Penny's staying power. You'd think everyone would learn but nope. I credit the lack of avatar.

The lack of avatar does make people think he's a junior or a new guy.

Didn't he rock a Brady avatar for a long time? I can't remember....

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The ring count agrees with you thus far.

But I'd also agree that Lebron is projected to surpass Kobe at some point.

From the guy behind the Breaking Madden series, he tries to end the NBA several decades in the future of franchise mode:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/6/3/5772796/nba-y2k-series-finale-the-death-of-basketball

2014-15

Championship: Thunder over Cavs in 7
Season MVP: Kevin Durant
Notable retirements at season's end: Ray Allen, Chauncey Billups, Kenyon Martin
Hall of Fame induction: Ray Allen

The first Doomsday Draft Class arrives, but it is not yet known by this name. General managers across the league reason that it's simply a bad-luck draft class, and that such classes come around once in a while.

There is no fooling the basketball gods, however. Out of apparent recognition that something has gone very wrong, the Association throws a post-draft fit in the offseason, and the result is the most annoying free-agency period of all time. Kobe Bryant signs with the Spurs. The Lakers, sparing no expense to fill his shoes, acquire LeBron James.

2016-17

Championship: Lakers over Cavs in 7
Season MVP: LeBron James
Notable retirements at season's end: Elton Brand, Manu Ginobili, Kevin Garnett, Stephen Jackson
Hall of Fame inductions: Tracy McGrady, Kevin Garnett

Oddly, despite not having played a minute since the 2011-12 season, Tracy McGrady is just now entering the Hall of Fame. Manu Ginobili's snub is rather difficult to explain.

LeBron James and the Lakers win the Finals, again, over the Cavs, again, in seven games, again. It's almost as though the game is squeezing out all the poetry it can, while it still can.
2025-26

Championship: Hawks over Nuggets in 5
Season MVP: Kyrie Irving
Notable retirements at season's end: Stephen Curry, Kenneth Faried, Tyreke Evans, Russell Westbrook
Hall of Fame inductions: Tyreke Evans, Russell Westbrook

The last remaining skeptics now acknowledge that the Doomsday Phenomenon is very real. It must be, because Atlanta has won an NBA championship.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I seriously cannot identify people without an avatar attached to the username. You could be here for 5 years or for 5 days, I couldn't tell the difference.

Narag

I seriously cannot identify people without an avatar attached to the username. You could be here for 5 years or for 5 days, I couldn't tell the difference.

To be fair, I don't realize it's him 9/10 times myself. Usually stare at a comment then check the name after just to confirm. :lol

From the guy behind the Breaking Madden series, he tries to end the NBA several decades in the future of franchise mode:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/6/3/5772796/nba-y2k-series-finale-the-death-of-basketball

2034 Finals are what kill me:
Game 1 of the 2034 NBA Finals takes 12 overtimes to decide.
3-0_medium.png

The Magic are 0-for-193 from the field before Sammy Tentoes hits the game-winning three. Orlando and Denver shoot a combined 1-for-372, or .003. It doesn't matter where they shoot from.
shotchart.png

JABEE

It's like the nba thread went back to it's old worst form. I still love it when ppl question others' team allegiance

That never happens in here. We know where everyone stands.

Mech is a Pats fan.

Gata is a Jags fan.

eznark is a Bengals fan.

And Squicken is Squicken. Please come back, buddy.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
That never happens in here. We know where everyone stands.

Mech is a Pats fan.

Gata is a Jags fan.

eznark is a Bengals fan.

And Squicken is Squicken. Please come back, buddy.

Squicken probably squickened to another thread. This thread is squick'd.

Greg

Once again, a great night for the NBA, everyone will be talking about this.

Cramps can wreck you. I still remember my first legit cramp in a HS BBall game. Went up for a layup, came down, and it was locked up completely. Felt my calf, rippled as hell, as if someone had put a buckshot into my calf. I thought I tore something. Insane pain, but I just squeezed the fuck of it because I was scared it was something much worse...lol

They'll be relentless, on Lebron. Ex-Players already taking their shots. Loving this.
I remember the first time I had a legit terrible leg cramp

we were in the gym practicing the starting blocks for track, and I ate shit seconds after coming out of them

so bad

Hey fellow NFL gaffers, is IMGUR an acceptable place to host a picture on here? I want to start a thread and I need to show a picture to do so. I dont want to break any rules, written or unwritten. if not, what website would be good to use to host the pic?

Narag

Hey fellow NFL gaffers, is IMGUR an acceptable place to host a picture on here? I want to start a thread and I need to show a picture to do so. I dont want to break any rules, written or unwritten. if not, what website would be good to use to host the pic?

imgur is fine.

Top Bottom