• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

killrbee7.gif

tumblr_mo42imNtp51r44hpro1_500.gif

BigAT

Thanks for the feedback on the phone choice, gents.

Football related - Steve Weatherford is awesome. This high school girl jokingly asked him to accompany her to the prom on twitter a few weeks ago and he accepted. He posted some pics from the event on his twitter account:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bpe1b7hIIAAAIz4.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yo, why is he sharing? Don't be a beta Steve! Ditch that other guy.

the problem with this coming year is that a lot of people are going to have ps4's which they didn't have for madden 25. it is possible and i would say likely that we have well over 32 people interested so i'm not sure how we're going to find a place for everyone if that happens. obviously if it came down to some random neogaf dude vs. my nfl-age bros then nfl-age wins out. but if we have 32 madden-age vets interested.... that is a tough nut to crack! we will see!

But no one plays the Cards regularly, right? I wouldn't think that many would be buying them by August with most of the big games delayed until next year. What's coming out that anyone gives a shit about? Destiny and.... I'm personally hyped for Evil Within but doubt that will be a huge seller. Regardless, let me know bro!

But no one plays the Cards regularly, right? I wouldn't think that many would be buying them by August with most of the big games delayed until next year. What's coming out that anyone gives a shit about? Destiny and.... I'm personally hyped for Evil Within but doubt that will be a huge seller. Regardless, let me know bro!

nope no one does use the cards or rams. bums me out in the division because it's always someone new so it would be good to have a legit fan there. you will know very soon!

Vyroxis

Banned
Local car show parade is tonight. Half tempted to drag my 77 out of the garage for it.

Or, I could mow the lawn and drink beer.

Mindlog

Bucs hoping DE Bowers can get in shape
No one with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers had a more disappointing training camp last year than defensive end Da’Quan Bowers.

Given a starter’s job during the offseason by then-coach Greg Schiano, Bowers showed up for camp out of shape and promptly gave it away.

Now Bowers may be on the brink of giving away his roster spot, possibly for the same reason he lost his starter’s job last year.

Slowed by an as-yet unspecified injury this offseason, the Bucs’ 2011 second-round draft pick returned to workouts a couple of weeks ago but wasn’t in very good shape.

“He’s not there yet,’’ Bucs defensive line coach Joe Cullen said of Bowers’ conditioning after a workout this week at One Buc Place. “He’s got to get into great shape to be able to do those things (he’s capable of).’’
The Curse of Freeman™.
What kind of exorcism is necessary to get rid of that kind of curse?
Is it salmonella?

AFFES NFL GAF: Miller Fortune on sale for ~$3.90 a twelve pack.
Always wanted some. The empty bottles cut a distinctive profile for my future homebrew.

Konka

Banned
While we're posting pictures of ourselves, here are some shots from the supposedly haunted collapsing soviet era psych hospital we broke into in Poland.

Here's me with the camera taking the picture of the group.
YVYrSM5.jpg

Here's a photo of myself in a mirror.
QStXcQC.jpg

Here's one of our group checking out an examination room. Blair Witch style.
9EaJCoW.jpg

A toilet.
5Oc3S45.jpg

God knows what.
X4f0qjM.jpg

Rusty metal ladder.
B3S8NCB.jpg

Down the rusty ladder.
4F3ArqT.jpg

rando14

I'll be joining you when the new Madden comes out, brah! Don't let anyone else take my Cards.

Man, first time ever playing a Persona but Persona 4 Golden is keeping me up too late at night some of these work nights... Speaking of PSN, brother Rando, why do you ignore my PSN FR :( It's all good, just figured I'd raz you since I saw your post while writing a Sony related post ;)

DUDE I'm so happy you're enjoying P4G, I've been tempted to buy a Vita just to play P4G since Persona 4 was so awesome!!

Sorry about missing your PSN request but I don't remember seeing it, what's your user ID?

nope no one does use the cards or rams. bums me out in the division because it's always someone new so it would be good to have a legit fan there. you will know very soon!
Sounds good
DUDE I'm so happy you're enjoying P4G, I've been tempted to buy a Vita just to play P4G since Persona 4 was so awesome!!

Sorry about missing your PSN request but I don't remember seeing it, what's your user ID?

Apparently there's a lot of additions from the original so would still have plenty of fresh stuff for you. No worries buddy, my PSN is the same as my GAF username.

rando14

Damn my boy Dong Sherman got all that money and those are the best sunglasses he can get? :|

P.S. that cover is not aesthetically pleasing lulz

Sounds good

Apparently there's a lot of additions from the original so would still have plenty of fresh stuff for you. No worries buddy, my PSN is the same as my GAF username.

I'll check tonight, I'll definitely add you man!!

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 1m
And so Seahawks CB Richard Sherman is voted as Madden 15 Cover Winner...anyone had a better year than Sherman?

Damn my boy Dong Sherman got all that money and those are the best sunglasses he can get? :|

P.S. that cover is not aesthetically pleasing lulz

I'll check tonight, I'll definitely add you man!!
Cool brah, hit up our boy FMT too.
And so Seahawks CB Richard Sherman is voted as Madden 15 Cover Winner...anyone had a better year than Sherman?

I knew he'd win, let the Madden Curse begin!

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...the-notion-brady-isnt-a-top-five-quarterback/

Browns coach Mike Pettine seems to think Brady is as good as ever, and that he indefinitely will continue to be at that level.

“It’s beyond ridiculous,” Pettine told Greg Bedard of TheMMQB.com regarding the idea that Brady isn’t in the top five. “I mean, to me, it’s one and two [Brady and Peyton Manning] and then there’s a gap and then it’s probably [Drew] Brees and [Aaron] Rodgers would be three and four, however you want to order them. Until those two [Brady and Manning] retire, they’ll be one and two and then there will be a gap.”

Browns secret trade rumors are for Brady. Congrats BG!

Colasante

It's been cool to see the year he's had; during the year it felt like Peyton Manning would be the most memorable storyline of the season but in retrospect I think most people will remember 2013 as Sherman's year. I remember him walking the streets at the Ravens/49ers Super Bowl and many fans not even knowing who he was, then he has a dominant season, wins the Super Bowl himself, and gets a new contract.

Just losez needs to continue the streak?

He'll live. I don't need a Byron Bell missed block to turn into me watching Derek Anderson at quarterback for the rest of the year because of that evil voodoo magic

Scam will get on there one day.

On the one hand it would be cool to see a Panther on the cover, but that curse is too strong.

It took an off year last year, I don't want it to come back with a vengeance on Cam.

MechDX

Who was the last defensive player on the cover, Ray Lewis? He had a really damn good 2004 :\

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the-madden-curse/#!VEqxQ

After a career high six interceptions in the previous season, Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis seemed like an easy choice. The guy was a rock in the NFL – rarely missing a game, constantly producing exceptional numbers, and an all-around star. The guy even skated on murder charges in 2000. He was untouchable, a future hall of famer, and a legend in the making. Then he was on the cover of Madden 2005. The perennial pro bowler failed to catch a single interception for the first time in his career, the Ravens went 9-7 and failed to make the playoffs for the first time in four years, and Lewis ended the season on the bench with a torn hamstring

Damn

MechDX

Polamalu was on '10 wasn't he? Alongside Fitzgerald.

For the first time since Madden and Barry Sanders appeared together, the franchise featured two players on the cover: Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald and Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu. Would the curse be confused? Might its intensity be halved by double the players? In short, no. In the season opener Polamalu sprained his MCL and missed four games. He returned for three games before tearing his posterior cruciate ligament and sat out most of the season. Fitzgerald on the other hand had a great year with over 1,000 yards receiving. Right up until the playoffs when a rib injury forced him out of the post-season and the Pro Bowl.

The curse is real

Top Bottom