• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
ICO is the most overrated game in forever. Though it's not surprising that people ate up a game where you have to protect a delicate, non-talkative waifu from the rampaging forces of black.

Ez bought like, 12 copies.

Spinluck

The Last Guardian won't live up to this crazy hype, kind of weird how some people are obsessed with it even though we've seen so little of it. Here's an inside look into the mind of a Last Guardian fan.

I mean, this damn image still captivates me.

ICfJ4Fb.jpg

It's like it represents the all hidden possibilities of gaming that is unrealized, unannounced, wholly original, laying in the shadows somewhere, chained up, and one day those chains will break, and whatever it is will blow our god damned minds again. Maybe I'm projecting all that pent up need for something on Shadow of the Colossus's level, maybe its been too long since something truly great came along and changed everything I thought was possible with gaming, but till then, I'm gonna keep the hope alive.

BELIEVE.

LOL.

I do think SMG > SMG2, but the sequel still had some pretty great stuff in it. Still really impressive to me that it felt like such a different game while keeping all the same control mechanics.

Those games look completely insane in HD on the dolphin emulator, BTW. Unfortunately you need like a 4.2 GHz overclocked rig to run them at 60 fps.

I thought SMG2 improved on a masterpiece, didn't think it to be possible. Both are incredible though.

Bread

Banned
ICO is the most overrated game in forever. Though it's not surprising that people ate up a game where you have to protect a delicate, non-talkative waifu from the rampaging forces of black.

these are the same people who praise uncharted and warhawk

poor souls

Spinluck

It's the sequel to ICO and SotC, two of the greatest games of all time.

There is no overhype here, The Last Guardian needs to be released. It's been delayed, sure, but perfection takes time.

TLG will release and it will be great.

Lol. I'm a huge fan of those games, but come on.

This reads like a joke post, even for you Kas.

cajunator

Banned

looool
I liked Ico but didnt much like SOTC.
I was definitely looking forward to TLG.

these are the same people who praise uncharted and warhawk

poor souls

I like Uncharted 2 a whole lot. It was cheesy and fun. Reminded me of the dialog in a Joss Whedon production. It worked as an action game though the melee fighting was stupid and the gunfights were boring. It was really awesome throwing propane tanks and exploding them over enemies. I really loved the puzzlss and settings.

Bread

Banned
Should I get Pikmin 3 or WWHD as my free game? WW is my favorite Zelda and one of my favorite games, but Pikmin looks great too.

I'm torn.

Spinluck

My logic behind it was; "should I get a game I beat a shit ton of times over 10yrs ago, or a new awesome game that I never got to play?"

I'll get WindWaker HD some time in between Zelda U's announcement and Zelda U's release to celebrate if it looks awesome at this E3!

Bread

Banned
hm i like that idea

maybe you floridians arent that crazy.

i'll get wind waker later this year to prepare for the new zelda, and pikmin now to be a loser who does stuff with things.

You're making the right choice, bread. Chose Pikmin 3 as well, and girlfriend and I are having a blast in co-op.

So it's been 24 hours since my last soda. My head feels like someone's beating on it with a dull hammer, to the point where I've gotten no sleep. Three Advil didnt do shit. And I work in less than two hours. Yay for losing weight, intact teeth and better quality of life in the end, but damn does this shit suck.

cajunator

Banned
You're making the right choice, bread. Chose Pikmin 3 as well, and girlfriend and I are having a blast in co-op.

So it's been 24 hours since my last soda. My head feels like someone's beating on it with a dull hammer, to the point where I've gotten no sleep. Three Advil didnt do shit. And I work in less than two hours. Yay for losing weight, intact teeth and better quality of life in the end, but damn does this shit suck.

Soda sucks. Ditch that stuff for good.

Agreed. Gaining too much weight with these empty calories, so it's time to cut it loose. Plan to integrate more coffee into my drinking habits to keep the caffeine, and I bought a water bottle to carry with me at all times.
Expert tier is black coffee; all the caffeine you could wish for and only 2 calories.

jakncoke

Banned
Holy shit almost 5000 posts in the last guardian thread already.

The thirst is real. A thirst build up over basically a entire gen. Its a very real possibility that fans of Ico/SOTC that looked forward to what Team Ico produced on the PS3 only get the HD collection for the entire gen. Pretty crazy when you put it in that perspective

@cajun i mean if it works for you, i cant imagine a job ever that id like over freedom of doing whatever i want.

jakncoke

Banned
Agreed. Gaining too much weight with these empty calories, so it's time to cut it loose. Plan to integrate more coffee into my drinking habits to keep the caffeine, and I bought a water bottle to carry with me at all times.

I lost about 15 pounds simply just by stopping pop except on rare occasions

cajunator

Banned
The thirst is real. A thirst build up over basically a entire gen. Its a very real possibility that fans of Ico/SOTC that looked forward to what Team Ico produced on the PS3 only get the HD collection for the entire gen. Pretty crazy when you put it in that perspective

@cajun i mean if it works for you, i cant imagine a job ever that id like over freedom of doing whatever i want.

where do you currently work?

jakncoke

Banned
where do you currently work?

No where, this area is a death zone of economically depression. I was reading a article not long ago people of my age group unemployment is nearly 20%. But really I cant imagine liking a job enough to stay, when I worked a bunch of 12s at Pentair back in Ohio i was at the clock and out the door the minute I could leave without getting in trouble.

cajunator

Banned
No where, this area is a death zone of economically depression. I was reading a article not long ago people of my age group unemployment is nearly 20%. But really I cant imagine liking a job enough to stay, when I worked a bunch of 12s at Pentair back in Ohio i was at the clock and out the door the minute I could leave without getting in trouble.

Youre in Pennsylvania right?

WedgeX

Banned

:jnc

Shadow of the Colossus was amazing, though.

Greg

keep it up!

MRSA

Banned
Making moink balls for the baseball game today. And what the fuck, I'm not allowed to drink at the tailgate? FUCK YOU MLB

MechDX

Why do people insist on drowning their food with BBQ sauce? Enjoy the flavor of the seasoned meat and use the sauce as a compliment.

Top Bottom