• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Looks good, but already have one
XPO.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The current Sega is a zombie with a pinball pachinko company crawling around in its skin. I can't get excited for anything (Yakuza included) they announce.

If Sega Wow Overworks or whatever they'd be called if they still made games had a title announced, I'd be excited. But basically all of Sega's talented dev groups were dismantled or sold off. They are no more. They have ceased to be. They are dead.

Going 3rd party worked so well.

Sega makes baffling decisions. Right now Creative Assembly is the best thing they have going for them....and that's not how they should have ended up.

And how can you get excited for Yakuza when you will never get to play it? Let's make a huge immersive world with gobs of gameplay for a next gen console and then completely ignore over 2/3rds of the video game buying market. Brilliant!

Even if they couldn't handle the HD graphics, the fact that they didn't push all of their franchises to the 3DS even is amazingly short sighted.

Sony had more original IPs, better exclusives, and it's the lead platform for most multiplat games.

Halo Collection will be cool but MS did nothing to widen it's audience or break new ground.

Sony would be wise to keep their foot on the gas pedal.

MechDX

Future, yeah I owned Phantom Dust it was "OK" but far from an old MS IP they should relaunch. Hell the original was not even published by Microsoft it was Majesco.

Microsoft owns some good IP's that are primed to be redone. Crimson Skies, MechAssault, Free Lancer/Star Lancer, Midtown Madness, PGR and all the Rare IP's.

Hell I didn't know they owned RC Pro-Am!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Nerds I did not watch or follow any conference.

Tell me what to get excited for.

For you? Nothing. No Man's Sky maybe since that was the only thing that really blew me away.

Edit: Blew me away in terms of doing things I really haven't seen before.

Future, yeah I owned Phantom Dust it was "OK" but far from an old MS IP they should relaunch. Hell the original was not even published by Microsoft it was Majesco.

It has a following. A cult one but a following nonetheless and its a game that gets them easy credibility with the hardcore gaming set that lived and breathed Xbox from the start. It's not a full on sequel and a remake lets them test the waters with the IP. If its a big success they have an IP they can expand with a sequel, etc.

I like the move. It's a great game and a ballsy IP to try and revive.

bionic77

For you? Nothing. No Man's Sky maybe since that was the only thing that really blew me away.

Edit: Blew me away in terms of doing things I really haven't seen before.
I will check out no mans sky.

Really disappointed nothing mind blowing was shown. 2nd and 3rd e3 of new generations is when the biggest bombs are supposed to be dropped. I don't want to be right about everything sucking worse than the Detroit Lions (this includes their next 3 seasons). :(

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I will check out no mans sky.

Really disappointed nothing mind blowing was shown. 2nd and 3rd e3 of new generations is when the biggest bombs are supposed to be dropped. I don't want to be right about everything sucking worse than the Detroit Lions (this includes their next 3 seasons). :(

No Mans Sky sounds like something Peter Molyneux would dream up though. I'm concerned that the delivery won't be nearly as good as the concept.

bionic77

go back to playing your 3DS and ruining your eyes on that terrible lo-def screen
Don't think I didn't see you posting about your penis.

Now I see why you are a Brady fan.

Also the 3DS is better than any current gen console.

I will admit that no mans sky trailer was amazing. Anything else remotely as good as that or just sequels with upgraded 360 graphics and good production values?

Nerds I did not watch or follow any conference.

Tell me what to get excited for.

no mans sky, killer instinct season 2, batman, GTA V pc/ps4/xbone, phantom dust, nhl, little big planet 3, halo HD, some other stuff. lots of great games coming this year and next for ps4/xbone. hope nintendo rocks my fucking socks off tomorrow with the following:

1. lots of smash bros
2. new zelda that doesn't suck dick like skyward sword
3. new metroid prime
4. new kid icarus i don't care what system its for
5. new fire emblem i dont care what system its for
6. X
7. fire emblem X smt or whatever its called
8. mario galaxy 3
9. announce a new system that isn't underpowered by 2006 standards even and say that all the games/accessories from wiiU are BC

bionic77

no mans sky, killer instinct season 2, batman, GTA V pc/ps4/xbone, phantom dust, nhl, little big planet 3, halo HD, some other stuff. lots of great games coming this year and next for ps4/xbone. hope nintendo rocks my fucking socks off tomorrow with the following:

1. lots of smash bros
3. new metroid prime
6. X
8. mario galaxy 3
9. announce a new system that isn't underpowered by 2006 standards even and say that all the games/accessories from wiiU are BC
I don't give a fuck about smash brothers and I loved skyward sword but otherwise you have impeccable taste in gaming.

Now I will check out phantom dust.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

1. lots of smash bros
3. new metroid prime
6. X
8. mario galaxy 3

I forgot about that Batman trailer. I thought it was pretty tight.

I also hope that Nintendo pushes me over the WiiU edge tomorrow.

No Mans Sky sounds like something Peter Molyneux would dream up though. I'm concerned that the delivery won't be nearly as good as the concept.
It could be amazing. I am not expecting a lot from the gameplay though. I hope I'm wrong.

1. lots of smash bros
3. new metroid prime
6. X
8. mario galaxy 3
You are on the money. I hope we get the entire list
yeah right!
, but I would accept a Majora's Mask remake for 3DS or Wii U instead of #9

Really the best case scenario is:

sakurai and bros: Smash
monolith: X
EAD3: Zelda U
someone: Majora's mask remake/port
intelligent systems: new Fire Emblem!
ok, Advance Wars would be acceptable. I guess.
someone who isn't intelligent systems but has their help: FExSMT
retro: metroid prime 4

and

EAD tokyo: surprise bitches, we had Mario 128 ready all along!

cdyhybrid

1. lots of smash bros
3. new metroid prime
6. X
8. mario galaxy 3

That is a solid list.

MechDX

I would probably trade my PS3 in towards a PS4 if Sony would get 3D working on the PS4. Don't watch a lot of 3D but I want to be able to if I want to.

cajunator

Banned

1. lots of smash bros
3. new metroid prime
6. X
8. mario galaxy 3

Its only 30 minutes but seeing as they release a ton of info outside the conference and at other random nonsense times of day for no goddamned good reason I think youll see some good stuff.

Not sure if anyone else in nflGAF feel the same but I LOVE LittleBigPlanet and was so hyped to see LBP3 get announced. Only thing that worries me is forcing co-op to complete levels.

Not sure if anyone else in nflGAF feel the same but I LOVE LittleBigPlanet and was so hyped to see LBP3 get announced. Only thing that worries me is forcing co-op to complete levels.

I love and beat all 4 lbps, spent an ungodly amount of hours playing online, rivals wow or socom 2 as my most played online games, i can't wait for lbp3, I play the co-op with my sister and friends, it's great times.

I love and beat all 4 lbps, spent an ungodly amount of hours playing online, rivals wow or socom 2 as my most played online games, i can't wait for lbp3, I play the co-op with my sister and friends, it's great times.

Haven't played the PSP one but I've played the other 3 a ton. Easily the console games I've played online the most.

and now, for some football. here's a chart i found on a different board. Difference between first half and 2nd half of last season QB ratings:

AsjQysX.jpg

stafford doin what he do!

cajunator

Banned
Top Bottom