• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Greg

Yeah, I remember that whole fiasco. I played a decent amount of the SOCOM 4 beta and I remember going on the official forums and seeing all the complaints. Even back then people just wanted SOCOM 2 HD, haha. If they ever make another one I will play it with you! I missed the glory days on the PS2.
there is still some hope for a game called H-Hour coming for PC/PS4 - made by a team started by the creative director of the first SOCOM games, and it's supposed to be a spiritual successor

through Kickstarter they raised the money to build a concept demo to pitch around, and even though it's early it looks pretty good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wMKm6hzj4s

scmmnp5w.png

That "listening to the fans", though...oh wait.
yeah, I don't understand how they let such a big name die

Coffee prices expected to go way up.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.jpg
as if I wasn't poor enough

there is still some hope for a game called H-Hour coming for PC/PS4 - made by a team started by the creative director of the first SOCOM games, and it's supposed to be a spiritual successor

through Kickstarter they raised the money to build a concept demo to pitch around, and even though it's early it looks pretty good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wMKm6hzj4s
When this game comes out I am driving to Ohio and we will play it along with tennis and ping-pong. Also there will be wings and coffee.

Vyroxis

Banned
Coffee prices go up? Good riddance. Maybe people will quit buying that starbucks shit and start honoring the greatest coffee known to man, Folgers.

Greg

Coffee prices go up? Good riddance. Maybe people will quit buying that starbucks shit and start honoring the greatest coffee known to man, Folgers.
:jnc

that's what I'm drinking right now... when I run out of all my gifted special coffees, I fall back to the big tub of Folgers/Maxwell House

Tea is better than coffee anyway.
they both have their place in my heart

I never get excited when brewing tea though, and just getting the coffee maker ready every day makes me happy

jakncoke

Banned
They have a goat simulator, we're not far off from Gata simulator.

haha ye, we just need some studio to make it as a joke then people request to make it full fledged or however that went down. I just recall something about goat simulator was a office joke and not meant to be anything.

MechDX

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro · 3m
#Texans OT David Quessenberry has been diagnosed with lymphoma. He has been placed on non-football illness list.

This sucks for him. Guy broke his leg last season while fighting for a starter spot on the o line. Most had him penciled in this year as the starter at RT

bionic77

It's true that coffee prices going up won't affect shit like Folgers because most sane people would agree that it is closer to shit that actual coffee.

That said this sucks. I already spend too much on coffee as it is. Are there any substitutes as good other than heroin?

bionic77

Star fox on WiiU but not Kid Icarus. :(

Kid Icarus was so legit. Whole SF64 was epic KI is just on another level.

Don't know what to think about the other games.

Greg

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro · 3m
#Texans OT David Quessenberry has been diagnosed with lymphoma. He has been placed on non-football illness list.

This sucks for him. Guy broke his leg last season while fighting for a starter spot on the o line. Most had him penciled in this year as the starter at RT
damn, that's rough

Syrinx

I think my favorite announcement so far is the Grim Fandango remaster. Never played it, but I've been wanting to for some time.

Talon

Man, I thought I liked Halo, but these reactions on gamerside are acting like Nintendo just rolled out a Super Mario 64 remake.

I think this just means I'm old.

Vyroxis

Banned
It's true that coffee prices going up won't affect shit like Folgers because most sane people would agree that it is closer to shit that actual coffee.

Folgers is the nectar of life for the working class. A thermos of Folgers coffee, a couple sandwiches, and a pack of smokes is all a man needs in a days work.

Edit: And no matter what you say, Folgers is still better than cheap motel/gas station coffee. That shit is horrid.

JABEE

I wish they would have revealed Last Guardian for my boy Dutch.

I'm waiting now for the Nintendo Digital Event. I hope it's good.

Folgers is the nectar of life for the working class. A thermos of Folgers coffee, a couple sandwiches, and a pack of smokes is all a man needs in a days work.

Edit: And no matter what you say, Folgers is still better than cheap motel/gas station coffee. That shit is horrid.
I personally find that the best part of waking up is quite often a little Folgers in my cup.

Man, I thought I liked Halo, but these reactions on gamerside are acting like Nintendo just rolled out a Super Mario 64 remake.

I think this just means I'm old.

Halo 2 will be the first big online experience for a lot of those guys so it basically is Mario 64/SNES Mario Kart Battle Mode/Midnight Resistance tier news. A decade on and the number of games that have come close to it in terms of online experience can be counted on the fingers of one hand for me.

Halo 2 remake alone would have got me hyped but all 4 games in there for the price of one game is legit awesome.

DMczaf

We are heading into Year 3 of Wii U and they got shit called "Project XXX" as their debuts at E3?

That's the type of shit you do when you are revealing hardware for the first time, not your 3rd holiday season.

dahfuk Nintendo.

Talon

Halo 2 will be the first big online experience for a lot of those guys so it basically is Mario 64/SNES Mario Kart Battle Mode/Midnight Resistance tier news. A decade on and the number of games that have come close to it in terms of online experience can be counted on the fingers of one hand for me.

Halo 2 remake alone would have got me hyped but all 4 games in there for the price of one game is legit awesome.
I mean, honestly, again, I like Halo. I think they got the console shooter formula right, and the gunplay feels more solid in that series than pretty much every other console series.

That said, it's easy to be bewildered when Halo 1's campaign was pretty much garbage for 40% of the time. Halo 2's campaign was such a disappointment compared to that E3 reveal and the online multiplayer was so limited compared to Tribes and TF2.

Halo at its best is Silent Cartographer or the very first level of Halo 3. Don't think the rest of the games have come close to those peaks.

Top Bottom