• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Spinluck

Gifs from Gaming Side

cqqqfh.gif

iixkvb.gif

dahvfi.gif

Sad that Super Smash Bros 3DS got a small delay and I don't think the Wii U version will come out until 2015. Still not sure how I feel about 3 characters being Mii's.

I don't mind the release, only bad thing is that I'll be taking 5 classes this fall. If it came out in like July or August, I would've probably had some time to play it. Good thing about the 3DS is that it's easy to squeeze it into your schedule.

The 3 Mii characters looked fine, but I hope they don't break the game.

MechDX

That Splatoon game has my attention. Looks like a blast to play.

Only fear is that it will not have a good online community because well, Nintendo.

Still don't feel the need to jump into Wii U right at the moment. Overall e3 was a little bit of a disappointment for me.

Yeah, I feel the same. The only interesting game from the last 36 hours that was both a new announcement and coming out this year was that Ori and the Blind Forest game. Got some serious Miyazaki vibes from that so I'm in.

Still don't know why EA had a press conference when they didn't have shit to show. Outside of sports games, they basically only had 3 other games to show.

But that tackling vision cone though

cajunator

Banned
Gifs from Gaming Side

cqqqfh.gif

iixkvb.gif

dahvfi.gif

I don't mind the release, only bad thing is that I'll be taking 5 classes this fall. If it came out in like July or August, I would've probably had some time to play it. Good thing about the 3DS is that it's easy to squeeze it into your schedule.

The 3 Mii characters looked fine, but I hope they don't break the game.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg

Still don't feel the need to jump into Wii U right at the moment. Overall e3 was a little bit of a disappointment for me.
I agree, overall it was pretty tame. Biggest disappointment for me is no new Intelligent Systems game announced (I don't really count Pushmo World) and no SMTxFE appearance.

There are a lot of games I'm looking forward to but very few (if any) that have me giddy with anticipation.

Does Nintendo have a series that is annualized? I can't remember. I agree that GAF is gonna GAF, but I'm just glad we got nothing but gameplay and only a little of the trade show talk. No "conceptual prototype" bullshit, or long CG footage that shows no gameplay, and no pages of arguing over whether or not 2mins of footage is in-game or not. I also liked the sit down in depth stuff with the devs, pretty cool. Not sure I like that NFC stuff though.
I PM'd you my response. Don't want to continue to fill the thread with conversation that doesn't belong here.;)

squicken

JFF sucked it up at minicamp. Gonna bring out the "stop partying" crowd

Nintendo yawn. FV's right. People bitch about sequels but Nintendo gets a pass. How many times do you need to level to get the same damn gear, game after game?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Bayonetta package seems great.

I'm hoping they do a rerelease of Xenoblade Chronicles. I'm not paying $80 or whatever a copy goes for these days.

No Metroid basically ruins the show for Nintendo for me. Maybe Retro is slated to work on it again at some point?

Hopefully this new Zelda will have no waggle also.

Did I miss anything else major?

cdyhybrid

Nintendo gets a pass because for the most part their sequels are fairly different from the previous games
and they're actually good.

squicken

In football news, the Hall of Fame waived it's waiting period for Jordan Mathews. Also waived its games played or actual practices rules as well

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If you followed Aaron Rodgers you'd see him playing video game golf, ping pong, tennis, dunking a basketball, and posting on GAF.

Draxal

Nintendo gets a pass because for the most part their sequels are fairly different from the previous games
and they're actually good.

They really don't get a pass when they do similiar sequels as we... Fans called them out on the annual new super mario bros; and people called them out on Galaxy 2 being an an expansion of Galaxy even though Galaxy 2 is the best game of all ti .... on the system.

cdyhybrid

They really don't get a pass when they do similiar sequels as we... Fans called them out on the annual new super mario bros; and people called them out on Galaxy 2 being an an expansion of Galaxy even though Galaxy 2 is the best game of all ti .... on the system.

I don't consider New Super Mario Bros. anything more than a spinoff and Galaxy 2 is obviously a direct sequel in-generation to a specific game, not a next generation sequel.

This is just my opinion, but it makes no sense to compare complaining about, say, Madden or CoD sequel issues (i.e. the same game with slightly updated graphics and tackling vision cones) to the changes from Super Mario World to Mario 64 to Mario Sunshine to Mario Galaxy.

Or Zelda --> Zelda 2 --> LTTP --> OOT --> Wind Waker --> TP --> SS.

I don't consider New Super Mario Bros. anything more than a spinoff and Galaxy 2 is obviously a direct sequel in-generation to a specific game, not a next generation sequel.

This is just my opinion, but it makes no sense to compare complaining about, say, Madden or CoD sequel issues (i.e. the same game with slightly updated graphics and tackling vision cones) to the changes from Super Mario World to Mario 64 to Mario Sunshine to Mario Galaxy.

Even Mario Kart, a series people love to hate on, only gets one entry per system. That's nothing compared to a series like Assassin's Creed, CoD, or any EA Sports game. Nintendo has just been around a lot longer.

The NSMB stuff did get out of hand, I will say that much.

Konka

Banned

Not only that but they aren't afraid of drastically changing art styles and gameplay elements.

Fantomex

We're creating a lot of dumb kids with no imagination with this generation. It's like they forget that Link transforms in every single game. He starts a certain way, then gets the duds, the shield, the sword and also his look and then it's like BAM he's a hero! That trailer borrows heavily from Ashitakas transformation in Mononoke, who was very feminine at the beginning but then has to transform into a killer. At least that's my guess.

200_s.gif

Princess+Mononoke+Ashitaka.jpg

giphy.gif

This is just my opinion, but it makes no sense to compare complaining about, say, Madden or CoD sequel issues (i.e. the same game with slightly updated graphics and tackling vision cones) to the changes from Super Mario World to Mario 64 to Mario Sunshine to Mario Galaxy..
Complaints are made about sequels in general quite often. Not just annualized ones. My comments said nothing about annualized sequels (which I agree are a problem). Halo sequelitis is a common complaint from those "done" with the series and that series is far from annualized as an example. Halo 5 is due in 2015. Halo 4 was released in 2012.

Shouldn't we sweep the other Halo releases under the rug like you did with NSMB series as "spinoffs", too? ;) You're next comment is that the gameplay doesn't change enough from sequel to sequel. Fair enough but that gets to the underlying point I was making really. You're patience with sequels comes down to your individual tastes and how much you enjoy a specific franchise. Nintendo fans are more accepting of it because they like the games in question, etc. That's /ok/ but it is what it is and we're all going to be more lenient with game series we like. It doesn't change the fact that Nintendo brought very little in the way of new IP to the table which is a disappointment for me personally.

Even Mario Kart, a series people love to hate on, only gets one entry per system.
Mario Kart is generally on a 3 year cycle per platform yeah. Makes it harder to fatigue for sure. Problem is you're never going to get Madden or COD on that type of development cycle while people buy 10+ million copies yearly. Vicious cycle and all of that.

Konka

Banned
We're creating a lot of dumb kids with no imagination with this generation. It's like they forget that Link transforms in every single game. He starts a certain way, then gets the duds, the shield, the sword and also his look and then it's like BAM he's a hero! That trailer borrows heavily from Ashitakas transformation in Mononoke, who was very feminine at the beginning but then has to transform into a killer. At least that's my guess.

200_s.gif

Princess+Mononoke+Ashitaka.jpg

giphy.gif

Well kids today won't make that connection.

Well my brain hurts after looking in that Zelda thread. "oh man link i ms a girl!"

The fuck?

Top Bottom