• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

cdyhybrid

Complaints are made about sequels in general quite often. Not just annualized ones. My comments said nothing about annualized sequels (which I agree are problem). Halo sequelitis is a common complaint from those "done" with the series and that series is far from annualized as an example. Halo 5 is due in 2015. Halo 4 was released in 2012.

Shouldn't we sweep the other Halo released under the rug like you did with NSMB series as "spinoffs", too? ;) You're next comment is that the gameplay doesn't change enough from sequel to sequel. Fair enough but that gets to the underlying point I was making really. You're patience with sequels comes down to your individual tastes and how much you enjoy a specific franchise. That's /ok/ but it is what it is and we're all going to be more lenient with game series we like.

I'm fine with sweeping Halo under the rug. Console shooters, :jnc

Yeah, I was just stating my opinion. Nintendo's sequels are different and spaced apart enough to not annoy me, but Madden, etc. are not.

cajunator

Banned
We're creating a lot of dumb kids with no imagination with this generation. It's like they forget that Link transforms in every single game. He starts a certain way, then gets the duds, the shield, the sword and also his look and then it's like BAM he's a hero! That trailer borrows heavily from Ashitakas transformation in Mononoke, who was very feminine at the beginning but then has to transform into a killer. At least that's my guess.

200_s.gif

Princess+Mononoke+Ashitaka.jpg

giphy.gif

Thats kind of a theme thats been around Japanese mythology and tradition for thousands of years. the whole cutting the hair and leaving your past thing. Its been in movies and stories for a long time.

bionic77

Gifs from Gaming Side

cqqqfh.gif

iixkvb.gif

dahvfi.gif

I don't mind the release, only bad thing is that I'll be taking 5 classes this fall. If it came out in like July or August, I would've probably had some time to play it. Good thing about the 3DS is that it's easy to squeeze it into your schedule.

The 3 Mii characters looked fine, but I hope they don't break the game.
That game looks really good. It is fucking amazing how far good art can take you.

I get Battlefield's tech is 10x more impressive but the art is so boring it doesn't really look 10x better (if it looks better at all).

Man more companies need to focus on art and even more on animation. That shit is what sells a game.

Konka

Banned
I'm fine with sweeping Halo under the rug. Console shooters, :jnc

Yeah, I was just stating my opinion. Nintendo's sequels are different and spaced apart enough to not annoy me, but Madden, etc. are not.

Well to be fair if halo was following the Mario kart release schedule we'd be looking at halo 3 this Christmas.

Complaints are made about sequels in general quite often. Not just annualized ones. My comments said nothing about annualized sequels (which I agree are a problem). Halo sequelitis is a common complaint from those "done" with the series and that series is far from annualized as an example. Halo 5 is due in 2015. Halo 4 was released in 2012.

Shouldn't we sweep the other Halo releases under the rug like you did with NSMB series as "spinoffs", too? ;) You're next comment is that the gameplay doesn't change enough from sequel to sequel. Fair enough but that gets to the underlying point I was making really. You're patience with sequels comes down to your individual tastes and how much you enjoy a specific franchise. Nintendo fans are more accepting of it because they like the games in question, etc. That's /ok/ but it is what it is and we're all going to be more lenient with game series we like. It doesn't change the fact that Nintendo brought very little in the way of new IP to the table which is a disappointment for me personally.

Mario Kart is generally on a 3 year cycle per platform yeah. Makes it harder to fatigue for sure. Problem is you're never going to get Madden or COD on that type of development cycle while people buy 10+ million copies yearly. Vicious cycle and all of that.

I agree and this is where I come in, I'm over nintendo titles, they just don't appeal to me anymore, and that's fine I won't hate them for it, I just won't buy into their systems anymore.

Fantomex

I'm tired of shooting things in videogames. Can we make a game where I cook a virtual meal for my friends, clean up the house, cook the fish that I got from my virtual pond and have everyone sit around the dinner table talking about their day?

Konka

Banned
I agree and this is where I come in, I'm over nintendo titles, they just don't appeal to me anymore, and that's fine I won't hate them for it, I just won't buy into their systems anymore.

Wiisports helped me get laid one time. That's more than I can say of any other game. Girls love that wiisports.

bionic77

I got my SSD today, how the fuck do I install this thing?
Backup your HD.

Take out screws from bottom of your laptop or the back of your desktop. Remove old HD (probably screwed in on desktop). Plug in new one.

Oh yeah make sure you are grounded otherwise it will all go to shit.

Draxal

Complaints are made about sequels in general quite often. Not just annualized ones. My comments said nothing about annualized sequels (which I agree are a problem). Halo sequelitis is a common complaint from those "done" with the series and that series is far from annualized as an example. Halo 5 is due in 2015. Halo 4 was released in 2012.

Shouldn't we sweep the other Halo releases under the rug like you did with NSMB series as "spinoffs", too? ;) You're next comment is that the gameplay doesn't change enough from sequel to sequel. Fair enough but that gets to the underlying point I was making really. You're patience with sequels comes down to your individual tastes and how much you enjoy a specific franchise. Nintendo fans are more accepting of it because they like the games in question, etc. That's /ok/ but it is what it is and we're all going to be more lenient with game series we like. It doesn't change the fact that Nintendo brought very little in the way of new IP to the table which is a disappointment for me personally.

Mario Kart is generally on a 3 year cycle per platform yeah. Makes it harder to fatigue for sure. Problem is you're never going to get Madden or COD on that type of development cycle while people buy 10+ million copies yearly. Vicious cycle and all of that.

My biggest complaint right now about Nintendo is that have way too many platforming games on the Wii U, I know its their bread and butter but they have to diversify.

I really don't think you can sweep the Halo spinoffs (Odst/Reach) except for Halo Wars as the gameplay for those is fundamentally the same. Its also a game in the genre that is oversaturated and is why its gets more sequilities hate than Nintendo, and I don't think you can gloss over that Nintendo does get that sequilitis hate as well.

I think Cajun convinced me to get Popeyes today.

Think I'll try the battlefield beta later tonight if anyone's on ps4. Only played little bit last night and raged quit because I couldn't figure out how to get off of vehicles lol....
Edit: bread I'm with ya, it looks better everytime we see it. But can't help but think the final game won't live up to all of this

Greg

I'm tired of shooting things in videogames. Can we make a game where I cook a virtual meal for my friends, clean up the house, cook the fish that I got from my virtual pond and have everyone sit around the dinner table talking about their day?
NFL-GAF: The Game

No Man's Sky looks too good to be true

It's going to disappoint like Spore
I honestly think so as well. My prediction is the game will be really neat at first but pretty soon you will see too much behind the curtains and it will lose a lot of its magic. Once you start to understand how things are procedurally generated it will feel more mechanical and less awe inspiring.

I hope I'm wrong.

Spinluck

We're creating a lot of dumb kids with no imagination with this generation. It's like they forget that Link transforms in every single game. He starts a certain way, then gets the duds, the shield, the sword and also his look and then it's like BAM he's a hero! That trailer borrows heavily from Ashitakas transformation in Mononoke, who was very feminine at the beginning but then has to transform into a killer. At least that's my guess.

200_s.gif

Princess+Mononoke+Ashitaka.jpg

giphy.gif

You Fantom, you have a Wii U? Mad respect for the Mononoke reference.

cdyhybrid

I think Cajun convinced me to get Popeyes today.

Think I'll try the battlefield beta later tonight if anyone's on ps4. Only played little bit last night and raged quit because I couldn't figure out how to get off of vehicles lol....
Edit: bread I'm with ya, it looks better everytime we see it. But can't help but think the final game won't live up to all of this

You need convincing to get Popeye's?

I guess maybe if it's kind of out of the way. For example, I'd be eating at Taco Bell a lot more if it weren't 15 minutes away.

I honestly think so as well. My prediction is the game will be really neat at first but pretty soon you will see too much behind the curtains and it will lose a lot of its magic. Once you start to understand how things are procedurally generated it will feel more mechanical and less awe inspiring.

I hope I'm wrong.

I have the same feeling :(

Bread

Banned
tellmemore.png

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I drove by something called "Gator Country Adventure Park" in Beaumont, TX on my way to conduct an audit today. Apparently you can give a belly rub to a gator.

I :jnc'd

Top Bottom