• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

:jnc at people taking an Ian Rapaport article as gospel.

He'll get paid more than Kap because Baalke is nickel and diming Kap like a bitch, but he's not going to go for Flacco money.

Why are you mad the Pats overpaid him?

Not upset at all. Happy for the bro. He's getting his money.

But he's had Carolina on his mind since he left. First it was talking about the organization, then it was a veiled shot at Cam, and now its "they don't work as hard". Why's he doing all of this talking? It just comes off as petty.

Just put your head down and go work for your new team. 89's earned the right to chirp, but Brandon Lafell is a career under-achiever with a penchant for drops. I don't want to hear that noise from him.

Farooq

Banned
Reason for some optimism Cowboy fans, the offensive skill positions are pretty deep. This depth will allow the Cowboys to put a lot of stress on defenses, opening it up for guys like Dez and Witten. And example of such depth, is slot receiver Cole Beasely.

PFF did a post on him, excerpt:

His second season in the league saw his snaps on the field increase, although still only as high as 247, but this time he caught 39 passes, forcing five missed tackles in the process. More importantly, from the 40 catchable passes thrown his way in 2013, just one was dropped, giving him a Drop Rate of 2.50, the sixth-best mark amongst wide receivers with at least 44 targets.

The coaches are definitely noticing Beasely taking advantage of his opportunities. WR Coach Derek Dooley talking about slot utilization and Beasley.

“Sometimes you want a little longer, rangier guy in the slot, and sometimes you want a guy with a little more quickness in short areas in the slot,” Dooley said. “It’s just good to be versatile. I think one of the things that helped Dez last year was moving him around, and when they don’t know where you are, it starts putting pressure on their coverages. It’s no different with Cole.”

Dooley said an interesting thing happened to Beasley last year – teams started putting two defenders on him.

“Especially on third down, he was really effective,” Dooley said. “The teams that just played him with one guy really struggled to win. So they had to, later in the season, be aware of where No. 11 was. Two things come from that: it opens up the other players to make plays. The second thing is, now Cole has to continue to build his route inventory to get a little more downfield.

Shit son, Beasley drawing double teams? The thing is, Cole is not the only option for the Cowboys in the slot.

Interesting OTA observation, Linehan is creating matchup nightmares at slot WR with Beasley, Escobar, Street. 3 very different players
(@Birddog26)

With the different types of players Linehan is using at slot, the slot CB is going to be schizophrenic by 2nd half during a game
(@Birddog26)

Escobar a TE drafted last year in the second round, described as having the best hands of the TE class last year. And Devin Street, WR the Cowboys drafted in the 5th round. They had a 3rd round grade on him, dude is tall, rangy and an exceptional route runner. Pairing these great options in slot with Dez, Williams (coming off an excellent rookie year), and Witten, Romo will have a plethora of targets to utilize.

In backfield Romo will have Murray, who averaged 5+ yards a carry. They will have Dunbar, an excellent change of pace back, the Oakland game from last year is a great example. And finally Ryan Williams, an ex Arizona player, often injured, probably will replace Murray if contract negations go awry. Behind what Mike Tanier projected will be the best offensive line in football, utilizing the excellent Wisconsin ZBS (Courtesy of Bill Callahan). The Cowboys should be an excellent rushing team. If not, the least I am expecting is that Linehan will utilize his backs as receivers to simulate/replace a running game. Because who likes to run the ball when you have a great o-line, back and scheme? Not fucking Jason Garrett motherfucker.

Back to my main point, I forgot it. Anyway, the Cowboys should have a great offense, paired with a last place defense and hopefully they go 8-8. So fuck all y'all saying the Cowboys will go 3-13 or 6-10 or whatever. Naw brah, we got Cole Beasley bitch.

Vyroxis

Banned
EDIT: Oh shit vyroxis responded with his actual voice, is that what we're supposed to do!!

I got a delay of game penalty doing it to boot! 4th and 1 on the 3 turned into 4th and 6 on the 8.

Still got 7 out of the deal. Fuck the Rams.

Ya know, actually saying the entire thing does sound a lot better. It actually rhymes! What will it be halfway through the season though, Restore the Mew, Pew Pew Pew!?

2nd Edit: Oh shit, Stafford is the Rams QB! THat poor bastard is gonna get mauled by my defense....

Did Nintendo just buy the Valkyria Chronicles series? Either ways. Thank you Tebow.
No, the setting is... crazier...

Like... Abe Lincoln running X-Com or something. Steampunk. Basically, the sense I'm getting is that shit's bananas.

I need pictures, but all I have to go on is a stupid blog!

cajunator

Banned
I got a delay of game penalty doing it to boot! 4th and 1 on the 3 turned into 4th and 6 on the 8.

Still got 7 out of the deal. Fuck the Rams.

Ya know, actually saying the entire thing does sound a lot better. It actually rhymes! What will it be halfway through the season though, Restore the Mew, Pew Pew Pew!?

2nd Edit: Oh shit, Stafford is the Rams QB! THat poor bastard is gonna get mauled by my defense....

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0QTsCbIg0KH

Hunter S.

I used to do this voice sharing a lot on another forum. For some reason most guys do not share their voice. Chan sounds like a Mexican by the way.

Konka

Banned
lol it's actually pronounced handro

Alligatorhandro

alejandro-lady-gaga.png

rando14

Fuck I think my microphone is finally broken, that piece of clit was on the fritz and now it's officially dead

No super sexy voice from me :(

bionic77

players usually don't complain when they are grossly overpaid. stafford is the gilbert arenas of the NFL
Thats an insult to agent zero.

Dude was really good for a few years until he got hurt. Stafford was never good and never did shit. Chokes in the big moments and can't beat good teams. Hell can't even beat shit teams like the Steelers!

Top Bottom