• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Who are the Stafford and Freeman of soccer?

Stafford = Gerrard. Both have fans (Liverpool/Kas) that will tell you how elite they are all day long because of the odd spectacular play (Long bomb into triple coverage for Megatron = Shoot thirty times from long range until one goes in AKA the Cristiano Ronaldo). Meanwhile everyone that understands the sport realises that their teams will never have real, sustained success as long as the team is built around them.

As for Freeman, I need Dutch to remind me of the backup keeper for Ajax (I think?) so until then we have to dig deep into the archives to unearth this chap.

fatty_foulke.jpg

Well we know who the Brady of the soccer world is (Great hair, good looks, a hot wife and the heart of a humanitarian, who else but Christiano Ronaldo?)

Neither of them have a penis so I am happy to approve that comparison.

Oh I know you didn't hate on my boy Stevie G!

It's not a coincidence that Liverpool are at their best in over a decade once Gerrard is over the hill and no longer the focal point of the team. Or that Liverpool under Rafa were best when the midfield was built around Alonso and Gerrard was moved forward until he was almost playing behind the striker.

The guy has got the ability to do almost anything on the football pitch, from long range passing, to breaking up play in midfield to scoring wondergoals.

The problem he's thick as pigshit when it comes to knowing how to actually play the fucking game which is why he's never done a goddamn thing at international level and Rafa didn't trust him to play as the midfield playmaker that a player with his talents is destined to be.

MechDX

James Palmer @JPalmerCSN · 5h

O'Brien called J.J. Watt the highest character player he's ever seen. works at facility 7 days a week & community work people don't no about

Time to pay the man Rick. Even BOB is on board.

Does Liverpool ever win?

They're not as bad as the Lions, no.

Used to be up there with the best in the world but nowadays they're easy to laugh at. They do win from time to time but it's more luck than judgement. They should have won the league this season but of course Gerrard managed to Stafford it away.

gerrard-slip.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

O'Brien called J.J. Watt the highest character player he's ever seen. works at facility 7 days a week & community work people don't no about

He's never seen Suh?

tempIMG_4117--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Suh vs. Larry Warford. That must've been a hell of a battle.

I'm drinking some Premium Ale Fosters right now brahs. My go to cheap beer. Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Meanwhile everyone that understands the sport realises that their teams will never have real, sustained success as long as the team is built around them.

Yeah, because 96 TDs, 52 INTs, 14,655 Yards the last three years isn't sustained success.

I can't wait for this season to start so we can see a 2011 Stafford season again since he's actually got some weapons now as opposed to the last two years without Titus Young and a old Nate Burleson.

Bread

Banned

BOB and JJ are so perfect for each other

they're the next Bill and Tom.

Narag

Yeah, because 96 TDs, 52 INTs, 14,655 Yards the last three years isn't sustained success.

I can't wait for this season to start so we can see a 2011 Stafford season again since he's actually got some weapons now as opposed to the last two years without Titus Young and a old Nate Burleson.

He didn't lead the league in pass attempts last year, obvious regression.

He's never seen Suh?

tempIMG_4117--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Suh vs. Larry Warford. That must've been a hell of a battle.

I'm drinking some Premium Ale Fosters right now brahs. My go to cheap beer. Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi!

If it makes you feel better, Jim Caldwell called Matt Stafford the highest cholesterol player he's ever seen.

mswt_originalvtq96.jpg

Thas was up until last season. He went 1-4 against teams who finished over 0.500 last season.

So that means 2-27. Wouldn't call that sustained succes. Unless you call throwing it to Megatron all the time to try and erase deficits 'success'.

So Kas, which is a better year?

A) Stafford 3500 TDs 21 TDs 8 INTs, Lions go 11-5 make playoffs

B) Stafford does whatever he did last year, and the Lions don't do shit?

Spinluck

That's only because Luck isn't on that team.

As long as we can all agree on one thing I won't have any World Cup beef with any of you:

Fuck Spain.

Tiki Taka and the proselytising about how it's the only correct way to play football and "Més que un club" = [redacted] and "[redacted]" in terms of the bullshit holier than thou fan-wankery

They have the most irritating, smug, know nothing, pompous pricks as fans too.

An attitude which is extremely baffling because neither team has ever actually legitimately won anything of note without the help of blood doping which was subsequently covered up by the authorities.

Fuck Spain. Fuck Barcelona. [redacted].

Thank you and good night.

We need more brave and righteous heroes like Nigel De Jong to stand up against this menace

Nigel_de_Jong_kick.gif

I fixed the posts for you a bit so that I can agree to it all. Nigel De Jong is a god amongst men, I hope he repeats again this year.

Stafford = Gerrard. Both have fans (Liverpool/Kas) that will tell you how elite they are all day long because of the odd spectacular play (Long bomb into triple coverage for Megatron = Shoot thirty times from long range until one goes in AKA the Cristiano Ronaldo). Meanwhile everyone that understands the sport realises that their teams will never have real, sustained success as long as the team is built around them.

As for Freeman, I need Dutch to remind me of the backup keeper for Ajax (I think?) so until then we have to dig deep into the archives to unearth this chap.

verhoeven3824.jpg

Jeroen Verhoeven, the one and only Pizza guy. When ever he had to do a goal kick, the crowd would go 'ooooooooooooh PIZZZZZAAAAAAAA'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjY3lgl05VE

We just post pictures of Stafford, but soccer fans are mean.

First day of the World Cup Finals

First day of Our National Championship of Golf

Game 4 of the NBA Finals

Fuck what ya heard, this is the best sports day of the year

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
So Kas, which is a better year?

A) Stafford 3500 TDs 21 TDs 8 INTs, Lions go 11-5 make playoffs

B) Stafford does whatever he did last year, and the Lions don't do shit?

Of course option A. But like I've been reminding y'all for the past few years, Matthew Stafford took over the worst team in NFL history at the age of 21.

I don't care if you're Lord Brady, you can't take an 0-16 team and magically turn them around in a few years. Matt Millen destroyed the Roar for about a decade.

There is no doubt in my mind Stafford has all the tools, and has proven to be an elite NFL QB. Like any other QB he needs some help from both side of the ball.

When he had that help in 2011 he dropped 41 TDs, 16 INTs and 5,000 yards and led us to the playoffs.

bionic77

Tiki Taka and the proselytising about how it's the only correct way to play football and "Més que un club" = The Patriots Way and "Belichik is a genius" in terms of the bullshit holier than thou fan-wankery

They have the most irritating, smug, know nothing, pompous pricks as fans too.

An attitude which is extremely baffling because neither team has ever actually legitimately won anything of note without the help of cheating/cameras/blood doping which was subsequently covered up by the authorities.

Fuck Spain. Fuck Barcelona. Fuck the Pats.

Thank you and good night.
I didn't know Spain was that evil.

But you persuaded with me your beautiful words and eloquent guilt by association argument!

GUYS

A hot girl sat down right across from me in the library even though she could have decided to sit on a million other free spots.

Odds that she's in love with me?

Fuck that.

They compared the Steelers to Italy. I hate that team and their fans. We should have been Brazil. :(

The England - Cowboys comparison is perfect though.

bionic77

GUYS

A hot girl sat down right across from me in the library even though she could have decided to sit on a million other free spots.

Odds that she's in love with me?

The England - Cowboys comparison is perfect though.
Few choices. That is just her favorite seat. She mistook you for a Steelers fan and is attracted to you. She thinks you pose no physical threat and you look like too big of a pussy to harass her with flirting.

Go for it and make your best move (unless your best move involves exposing yourself then go to your second best movie or YT a how to flirt video).

Top Bottom