• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Yeah, because 96 TDs, 52 INTs, 14,655 Yards the last three years isn't sustained success.

Let me highlight the pertinent bit for you:

Meanwhile everyone that understands the sport realises that their teams will never have real, sustained success as long as the team is built around them.

I didn't know Spain was that evil.

But you persuaded with me your beautiful words and eloquent guilt by association argument!

They are probably worse, at least the Pats only have the league in their pocket. Spain managed to buy off a judge to order that the blood bags and other evidence in the Operación Puerto doping case be destroyed rather than handed over and all the athletes involved could be identified.

The judge, Julia Santamaria, told him that he was not under obligations to name any other athletes others than the cyclists implicated. Fuentes stated that he supplied athletes in other sports with drugs and said: “I could identify all the samples [of blood]. If you give me a list I could tell you who corresponds to each code on the [blood] packs.”

in December 2010, he is quoted saying "If I would talk, the Spanish football team would be stripped of the 2010 World Cup".

Gettin excited that we finally managed to qualify for the WC again and it's here.
But did you really have to post a pic of Robben...come on man.

Come on, Robben is hilarious. Even I can't hate him and I hate everything.

ibgDHfyLmXpbnb.gif

Fuck that.

They compared the Steelers to Italy. I hate that team and their fans. We should have been Brazil. :(

You should feel honoured. Italy have Pirlo, the coolest motherfucker on the planet.

tumblr_mj5kgcLxK21rjhks1o2_400.gif

What are you nerds talking about and should I be prepared to spend money on it?
Everything you need to know right here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=836069

Basically Intelligent Systems is making a new turn-based strategy game for 3DS that's not Advance Wars or Fire Emblem. The art style and setting are a little questionable but I think it will look fine in motion. I don't expect the game to be up there with FE but it definitely has potential to be great. Prepare your wallet.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Basically Intelligent Systems is making a new turn-based strategy game for 3DS that's not Advance Wars or Fire Emblem. The art style and setting are a little questionable but I think it will look fine in motion. I don't expect the game to be up there with FE but it definitely has potential to be great. Prepare your wallet.

Eww. Sharp polygons. Would not buy.

Tamanon

Banned
Put your flags up in the sky!
And wave 'em side to side!
Show the world where you're from!
Show the world we are one!

Dale!

Why does it look like a Saturn game?

Your mind has been corrupted by your perverse love of Tammy.

Fire Emblem on 3DS had average graphics but was the game of forever. It's nice to have pretty graphics but I stop paying attention to them 1 hour into the game.
I like FE's style a lot more than what I've seen of this game but like you said I will get used to it. The 3DS is definitely not a powerhouse when it comes to graphical prowess.

BigAT

Steelers signed Pouncey to a huge extension, making him the highest paid center ever.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Big money for Maurkice Pouncey in his new deal with the Steelers. Five years and $44 million, as @ProFootballTalk said.

Kind of a weird deal to give a guy coming off an ACL tear. It will probably sting even more after Pouncey is arrested for being an accessory to the Hernandez murders.

Draxal

I like FE's style a lot more than what I've seen of this game but like you said I will get used to it. The 3DS is definitely not a powerhouse when it comes to graphical prowess.

Not so much the 3ds, but more that Int Sys was never a dev that pushed graphics hard, the DS emblems were incredibly ugly and the GCN/Wii games were ugly for the systems they were on.

I do like the America, Fuck yeah special move.

Steelers signed Pouncey to a huge extension, making him the highest paid center ever.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Big money for Maurkice Pouncey in his new deal with the Steelers. Five years and $44 million, as @ProFootballTalk said.

Kind of a weird deal to give a guy coming off an ACL tear. It will probably sting even more after Pouncey is arrested for being an accessory to the Hernandez murders.
Wow. That's a lot of money for Worst Pouncey.

Not so much the 3ds, but more that Int Sys was never a dev that pushed graphics hard, the DS emblems were incredibly ugly and the GCN/Wii games were ugly for the systems they were on.
Very true. On the other hand, their GBA games were gorgeous. I thought Awakening was a great looking game as well. But yeah, overall they aren't great with 3D.

Hello friends (Not Confrontation), I think my brains are deteriorating with the day. I can't even read a faking page in my text book anymore without having to read every sentence 4 times.

I might as well quit this whole university thing and go clean car windows with newspapers somewhere.

Hello friends (Not Confrontation), I think my brains are deteriorating with the day. I can't even read a faking page in my text book anymore without having to read every sentence 4 times.

I might as well quit this whole university thing and go clean car windows with newspapers somewhere.

If they ever release another real Socom or socom-like game, you can have a go at me and try to destroy me.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Relax people. Only a $13M signing bonus which is spread over 6 years. If he needs to be cut, it can be done pretty easily.

Greg

Both are loved solely by people that don't know any better.
ok, you can hate Ohio all you want, but don't diss SOCOM!

a SOCOM hater either hasn't played it, or is bad at it because it actually requires skill unlike today's games

no aim assist bullshit, no respawn bullshit, no guns that shoot lasers or shoot bullets like they were lasers, and some of the greatest level designs that actually require teamwork (yes, you actually work with people on your team to accomplish something!)

BigAT

a SOCOM hater either hasn't played it, or is bad at it because it actually requires skill unlike today's games

no aim assist bullshit, no respawn bullshit, no guns that shoot lasers or shoot bullets like they were lasers, and some of the greatest level designs that actually require teamwork (yes, you actually work with people on your team to accomplish something!)

"Holy shit, that sounds amazing and innovative!"

-alternate version of me that was locked in a dark room and regularly beaten with a PS2 controller, never allowed to play a PC game

Mech's avatar is a blight on GAF in its entirety with every single post he makes. I'm surprised the servers don't crash in disgust when they are forced to display that hideous visage out in the open. I am going to PM a mod, the terms of service are in desperate need of an update when God forsaken bile like that is somehow considered acceptable.

MechDX

Yeah that was awesome back in the day and prevalent for all online games. Now we have the CoD generation where its a mad rush for "Im a SnIp3rZ with 3lIt3 skiLLz!"

Online gaming just is not the same as it was

Bread

Banned
Yeah that was awesome back in the day and prevalent for all online games. Now we have the CoD generation where its a mad rush for "Im a SnIp3rZ with 3lIt3 skiLLz!"

Online gaming just is not the same as it was
Sadly CoD used to be great too, CoD2 was one of the best and most balanced shooters when it came out. That and Halo 2 are easily my favorite online games of all time.

They've completely destroyed the series, it's a real shame.

Top Bottom