• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

MechDX

Sadly CoD used to be great too, CoD2 was one of the best and most balanced shooters when it came out. That and Halo 2 are easily my favorite online games of all time.

They've completely destroyed the series, it's a real shame.

We will personally revitalize the online shooter community brother! Push the genre to new and unprecedented levels of popularity.

The Bill and BOB of the gaming world.

Eh, I've had tons of fun with modern shooters on consoles. CoD: Modern Warfare, Killzone 2/SF, Battlefield BC2/3/4; all games that reward intelligent play and teamwork. They may not be as tactical as SOCOM but not everything is on the level of the mindless dreck that is current Call of Duty.

0,,10268~12900820,00.jpg

Sucks that Squicken isn't a fan of Arsenal long enough to really hate this move.

MechDX

Eh, I've had tons of fun with modern shooters on consoles. CoD: Modern Warfare, Killzone 2/SF, Battlefield BC2/3/4; all games that reward intelligent play and teamwork. They may not be as tactical as SOCOM but not everything is on the level of the mindless dreck that is current Call of Duty.

Wut?

I like CoD but those two comments don't belong together.

I played Black Ops with 5 friends. We won every game, I had a 500 game win streak at one point (I'm serious).

Konka

Banned

If by teamwork you mean running around knifing people then yes.

Wut?

MW is definitely more geared towards mindless lone wolf play than the other games I listed but at that point in the series there was still plenty of room for smart play and good teamwork, especially in some of the non-deathmatch modes.

I played Black Ops with 5 friends. We won every game, I had a 500 game win streak at one point (I'm serious).
Black Ops was the last CoD I bought. I enjoyed it but it still felt too bloated to me compared to the first MW. By that point I had really started transitioning into being more of a BF fan.

Wut?

Well yea. If you run in full parties with friends and you're in constant communication, you will destroy all those lil kids and hear them rage. It's fun.

The lack of dedicated server is also a real buzzkill.

MW is definitely more geared towards mindless lone wolf play than the other games I listed but at that point in the series there was still plenty of room for smart play and good teamwork, especially in some of the non-deathmatch modes.

Black Ops was the last CoD I bought. I enjoyed it but it still felt too bloated to me compared to the first MW. By that point I had really started transitioning into being more of a BF fan.

It was the last good COD game. It was so great to play with those 5 friends, it was so easy. We had to fight each other on who could use their blackbirds, and puppies first. I wish I had that amount of time to play now.

titanfall is pretty good. definitely having more fun with it than cod. last titan standing especially requires teamwork and communication.

world of tanks is also a lot of fun with friends

Draxal

Somebody posted that Assassins creed was historically accurate in one of the social justice threads.

GAF will always GAF.

dionysus

Yaldog
not third-person though

being able to manipulate the camera is half of the strategy in SOCOM

Don't think TPS was ever a big genre on PC. But yea plenty of PC FPS have all those categories except the manipulation of the camera. Make sense since PC birthed and was the lead FPS platform for more than a decade.

Draxal

I do not think you can even be honest in most social justice threads. Unless you want an argument half the time.

I honestly think the social justice threads do a disservice to the cause they promote, because their main proponents are incapable of presenting themselves in a manner that will convince people to support their causes (aka they act like petulant children).

bionic77

I would say you're Belding in this pair, since you're older (I think?).
Belding was one of the only characters on the show with a conscience so I can live with that.

The only problem is he was in contention for being the dumbest character on the show (tied with all other characters).

MechDX

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo · 8m
At Giants OTA today, where LB Jon Beason left early. Taken by cart back to locker room just now.

Non contact OTA's taking out players left and right.

DMczaf

Did Valve show anything this E3?

I hope not, their recent announcements have been absolute shit. It's like they have no one in house to tell them their shit stinks.

Just look at the complete fuck up over the Steam Controller. That shit will just be an Xbox controller by the time it ships.

bionic77

I hope not, their recent announcements have been absolute shit. It's like they have no one in house to tell them their shit stinks.

Just look at the complete fuck up over the Steam Controller. That shit will just be an Xbox controller by the time it ships.
I think their controller could be cool.

We are in serious need of more innovation in gaming. We should be aiming for way more control of what we are doing online instead of just focusing on production values.

Vyroxis

Banned
I do not think you can even be honest in most social justice threads. Unless you want an argument half the time.

Going into a social justice thread is the gaf equivalent to walking into a minefield drunk and blind. You might make it out, or you might get banned for your opinion. Best to just stay out of them.

Slo

They're rolling around in DOTA and Steam cash, right? Hard to be self critical when the checks keep coming in.

Hunter S.

horrible gif[/IMG]

Please be okay.

Poor guy had to sit through it unlike the rest of us that found out what happened the day after, or weeks afterwards.

I honestly think the social justice threads do a disservice to the cause they promote, because their main proponents are incapable of presenting themselves in a manner that will convince people to support their causes (aka they act like petulant children).
Add to it a little bit of self righteousness and it does not promote expanding your idea.

Top Bottom