• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

I just finally ordered my Dutch shirt, hope to get it before the second game.

Here is a male model wearing the exact same one, same number and name on the back too.

494920111-netherlandspqluy.jpg

I think Justin Gilbert can be defensive rookie of the year.

Why? With Joe Haden on the other side, people will target him all game allowing him to make plays. Would be nice. The guy drafted before Johnny needs more attention too. :p

dionysus

Yaldog
Remember that incident in Brazil in a professional league where a player attacked a ref, the ref stabbed the player to death in self defense, then the fans stormed the field, stoned the referee to death, quartered him (cut up into 4 pieces), and displayed the parts on poles.

You think I am making this up, I am not. Happy world cup folks, a time for peace and unity, just like the Olympics.

Edit. Happened just last year.

Talon

Boring team. Was hoping for the Steelers or Giants. I think pretty much everyone turned them down, though. There seems to be be zero positives for the team doing the show
Hey, screw you, buddy.

Show starts August 5th. Legit shocked - team very vocally turned this down the past two seasons. Pretty closed and buttoned-up organization as a whole.

squicken

Hey, screw you, buddy.

Show starts August 5th. Legit shocked - team very vocally turned this down the past two seasons. Pretty closed and buttoned-up organization as a whole.

Maybe you truly can't judge a book by its cover and Mike Smith and Matt Ryan are exciting, dynamic personalities

Talon

Maybe you truly can't judge a book by its cover and Mike Smith and Matt Ryan are exciting, dynamic personalities
It'll be more compelling for us Falcons fans because the franchise is such a closed book - partially because local media is complete shit.

Luckily, we don't have any idiot characters like Chad Johnson.

squicken

Sorry Dutch, but that is lost on me. Arsene just plays it cool every year and makes a top 4 finish. By the by, how many trophies did Chelsea have last season?

It'll be more compelling for us Falcons fans because the franchise is such a closed book - partially because local media is complete shit.

Luckily, we don't have any idiot characters like Chad Johnson.

Same reason I would want STL to do the show. Boring for the rest of football fans, but cool to see behind the curtain for Rams fans

They asked CLE to do it, and thank God Pettine said no. Don't think anyone could have handled that

MechDX

Same reason I would want STL to do the show. Boring for the rest of football fans, but cool to see behind the curtain for Rams fans

They asked CLE to do it, and thank God Pettine said no. Don't think anyone could have handled that

Inflatable swans for everyone!

Sorry Dutch, but that is lost on me. Arsene just plays it cool every year and makes a top 4 finish. By the by, how many trophies did Chelsea have last season?

It was Mou his first season back, now he can buy the players he wants. No more excuses, this will be our year.

Also, Cesc Fabregas was an Arsenal player, one of the fan favorites, the big shot at the club. Then he went home to his beloved Barcelona, and now he's a Chelsea player. Funny how that goes.

squicken

It was Mou his first season back, now he can buy the players he wants. No more excuses, this will be our year.

Also, Cesc Fabregas was an Arsenal player, one of the fan favorites, the big shot at the club. Then he went home to his beloved Barcelona, and now he's a Chelsea player. Funny how that goes.

It's just not realistic for me to ever think Arsenal will win the EPL or the UCL. Kroenke isn't going to spend with the oligarchs and sheiks. Until the Fair Play thing has teeth, a "good year" is making through a couple of rounds in the UCL and staying in the top 4. It's kind of why I don't understand why anyone is a fan of some of the teams that are fighting relegation year after year. You are essentially biding time, hoping some rich guy from the Emirates buys your team

Talon

It's just not realistic for me to ever think Arsenal will win the EPL or the UCL. Kroenke isn't going to spend with the oligarchs and sheiks. Until the Fair Play thing has teeth, a "good year" is making through a couple of rounds in the UCL and staying in the top 4. It's kind of why I don't understand why anyone is a fan of some of the teams that are fighting relegation year after year. You are essentially biding time, hoping some rich guy from the Emirates buys your team
Dutch is saying this is Chelsea's year.

It's never Arsenal's year.

rando14

So is Marshawn Lynch gonna hold out?

Eh I mean he's set to make like 5.5 mil this year which is damn good for a RB, he's probably been hearing a ton of "this is Marshawn's last year before he gets kicked for christine" so he probably wants to increase his dollars while he can and I don't blame him

It's the little things man. You live from victory to victory, and staying in the league is your reward for the season. It's weird, especially for American standerds where it's win everything or it doesn't matter, but it is what it is. The Dutch team I root for is about as irrelevant as can get, but I still enjoying going to games every once in a while.

Top Bottom