• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

What would you compare the FA cup to in North American sports?

You can't really.

It would be like if MLB ran a single elimination bracket featuring major league teams, triple-A, double-A, every minor league team in addition to the regular season + World Series.

Is Bosnia in it? If so I'll go for them along with the US.

Yeah, they're not great but they've got a couple of nice players and have a better chance of getting out of their group than the US. (Weaker group)

What would you compare the FA cup to in North American sports?

I don't think they really have anything like it in US Sports.

You have the EPL, which is all the PL clubs playing against each other in one long regular season where they score points per victory and so on.

But next to that they also play the FA cup, which is a competition with all the English clubs, also from lower competitions, in 1 big knock-out tournament.

Edit : Zivy his post is better.

So it's March Madness?

What you need to understand is that there are multiple competitions in soccer. So you have the top Division in England, the EPL, a division under that the Championship 1, under that the Championship 2 and so on.

The EPL is a horizontal division, where all the EPL teams play against each other. The FA cup is vertical, where all the different divisions play against each other in a season long knock-out tournament.

So it's March Madness?

Yeah, but it's not the main event of the season like March Madness is. You have the main EPL season that crowns the champions of England and the FA Cup runs alongside it with professional/semi-pro/amateur team all eligible and those champions are crowned separately from the main league champs.

So you could conceivably (But not really if we're being honest) have a semi-pro team being crowned FA Cup champions even though they are nowhere near being the Premier League.

squicken

And that's why the NFL took over Soccer as my favourite sport. What a joke.

Flopping is a major reason I stopped watching basketball, and flag begging is one of the worst things about real football. FIFA needs to retroactively red and yellow card the floppers. Only way to stop it

Tamanon

Banned
untitled-118tlxp.gif

Even Cam Newton thinks that is silly.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
NFL FOOTBALL is the real football.

Soccer is a joke. As corrupt as boxing. Fuck up outta here with that bullshit. Croatia got fucked with homefield advantage.

Flopping is a major reason I stopped watching basketball, and flag begging is one of the worst things about real football. FIFA needs to retroactively red and yellow card the floppers. Only way to stop it

Yea true. But also even when it's a small touch foul, the way they aaaalways fall to the ground. It's like they have multiple gunshot wounds covered in salt.

Fucking bullshit this is.

Fifa couldn't have Brazil tie the first game. So first he spared Neymar by not giving him the red card he deserved and now he has scored 2 bullshit goals. Gifted penalty by the ref and he took the penalty terribly. With that bullshit run up where he almost stood still.

Fuck this shit.

Fox318

They would need more refs on the field first

cdyhybrid

REAL FOOTBALL:

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 1m
Former Vikings DT Kevin Williams has agreed to one-year contact with SB champion Seahawks for in excess of $2M, according to sources

Top Bottom