• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Hunter S.

I like the World Cup too. I was just joking.

Truthfully, this cup is lasting mainly while nothing football related is happening so it is not so bad.

It is kind of annoying to say American football in here though. We know it is American because most us are American.

Konka

Banned
Truthfully, this cup is lasting mainly while nothing football related is happening so it is not so bad.

It is kind of annoying to say American football in here though. We know it is American because most us are American.

That's why soccer exists.

You won't have a problem with that as we can't talk about any other sports in here.

Football will only refer to the sport that the Jacksonville Jaguars play terribly.

bionic77

All infinitely more entertaining than flopball ;)

On a serious note, even though Soccer sucks, most things go in the off season. If we can talk about the NBA finals, only fair to allow shitty Soccer talk too. If there was actually NFL stuff to talk about it might be different.

On that note, Cards are light years ahead of where we were this time last year and had our best practice yet (this off season) yesterday! Woooo, #championshipsarewonwithoutpads
Is it too early to talk about them being contenders for the offseason championship?

Greg

It seems a lot of mass debating went on in here today.
massdebate.png
i83Nf22.png

Cam Newton and Kelvin Benjamin are best friends

Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton hasn't been able to throw much to rookie wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin, but it hasn't stopped the two from spending time together in the weeks since the Panthers drafted Benjamin in the first round.

Newton invited Benjamin to Georgia over Memorial Day weekend, when the two went boating on Lake Lanier outside Atlanta. At an NFL Play 60 event Thursday at the Panthers' practice fields, Benjamin said he was scheduled to join Newton for dinner Thursday night.

Newton, who is recovering from March ankle surgery, was close with former Panthers receiver Louis Murphy, Newton's teammate at Florida.

But Newton generally hasn't done a lot away from Bank of America Stadium with teammates, so his bonding with Benjamin is worth noting.

"I think that's big," Benjamin said. "The connection between a wide receiver and a quarterback is real big. It's like a relationship, like girlfriend-boyfriend. He's a great guy, great teammate. He's always telling me I can work on this to get better. That's what I need -- somebody to push me."

Newton, who has given Benjamin the nickname 'Benji,' joked that one negative about Benjamin is his former school.

"He always finds a way to mention Florida State, and that's the bad," Newton said

Dat Championship Camaraderie

Striker

I was hoping the Patriots would sign him. $2 million doesn't seem like an unfair deal. Hopefully this can be seen as a good sign for the rehab of Armond Armstead and Tommy Kelly.
Giants were poking around with him prior to the draft. I suppose once Bromley got drafted they didn't have much interest.

Good deal for the Seahawks.

squicken

I don't see the harm in talking pizza, games, ladies, TV, movies and even soccer. It's when there's actual football and people still talk about that stuff that it gets annoying

But if y'all just want to rank the QBs and talk about JFF social life, that's cool too

Greg

I don't see the harm in talking pizza, games, ladies, TV, movies and even soccer. It's when there's actual football and people still talk about that stuff that it gets annoying

But if y'all just want to rank the QBs and talk about JFF social life, that's cool too
you must hate me

Konka

Banned

I bet Nick Foles favorite pizza is hawaiian.

Hunter S.

So you're a higher grade of shit?

Enjoy mediocrity when Peyton retires next year.

that would still be better than the Texans last year.

Also, he is signed for two more years after next year. Sorry, Mech, I believe in enjoying the moment and not just worrying about the future.

Konka

Banned
Never you, Greg

edit: konka, I think Foles' favorite pizza is one of those novelty pizzas that Papa John's breaks out once in awhile, does okay for a bit, then goes away after everyone has tried it once

I don't think any of Papa Johns pizza's have ever been record setting.

Fantomex

I'm so glad I found you guys years ago. I browse gaming side threads and I'm just like
e5YuU.gif

Link can be a girl
Link shouldn't be a girl
Link sucks
Link is gay
Link is a guy but can be a girl its cool
Why is Link a guy, he should be a guy pretending to be a girl
He should be neither

TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif