• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

brentech

I only thought the NBA was good at diving, but this diving is practiced like an art form.
Even if you only played youth soccer, one should know this.

Even as like 10 year olds, kids were flopping like these guys.
One time I got carded for calling a kid out. I shit you not.

Colasante

REAL FOOTBALL:

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 1m
Former Vikings DT Kevin Williams has agreed to one-year contact with SB champion Seahawks for in excess of $2M, according to sources

I was hoping the Patriots would sign him. $2 million doesn't seem like an unfair deal. Hopefully this can be seen as a good sign for the rehab of Armond Armstead and Tommy Kelly.

I agree with the girls and food part. Take that gaming talk to gaming side, and take this soccer talk the fuck out of the real football thread and into the futball thread.

/rant

But there is a cooking thread. So let's talk food there. And there has to be a thread for girls too. This is the AMERICAN football thread.

Please change your avatar btw. Can't have NBA influences here.

Also, from now on only NFL related .gifs.

But there is a cooking thread. So let's talk food there. And there has to be a thread for girls too. This is the AMERICAN football thread.

Please change your avatar btw. Can't have NBA influences here.

Also, from now on only NFL related .gifs.
Can you please just make an official NFL-GAF discussion rules thread? These kind of comments have no place here.

Apologies for that, on-topic: it's the offseason and nothing is happening! Woooo!

We can't discuss his here anymore. Please go to the Soccer thread and ask me again.

I'm sorry bro :(

giphy.gif

Farooq

Banned
Did Sean Lee play four years In the NFL with a partially torn ACL?

Cowboys LB Sean Lee came into league with partially torn acl. It was a ticking bomb. Now it's fixed. Knee should be stronger than before

— Clarence Hill (@clarencehilljr)

It was the partial tear that showed up on his predraft MRI. The cowboys knew it was there. It's why he fell to the second round.

— Clarence Hill (@clarencehilljr)

Charean Williams said:
Lee partially tore the ACL in the left knee in 2009 while a senior at Penn State and never had it repaired.

WTF is this shit? Why wasn't it repaired his rookie year? Still, dude was a stud even with a bum knee.

Yeah guys, lets talk about videogames, E3, girls, food and our children to stay on topic.

All infinitely more entertaining than flopball ;)

On a serious note, even though Soccer sucks, most things go in the off season. If we can talk about the NBA finals, only fair to allow shitty Soccer talk too. If there was actually NFL stuff to talk about it might be different.

On that note, Cards are light years ahead of where we were this time last year and had our best practice yet (this off season) yesterday! Woooo, #championshipsarewonwithoutpads

cdyhybrid

Did Cowboys Sean Lee play four years In the NFL with a partially torn ACL?

WTF is this shit? Why wasn't it repaired his rookie year? Still, dude was a stud even with a bum knee.

Wow. I can't believe something like that would just skate along for 4 years. It seems like that's bordering on negligence on someone's part.

In unrelated news:

Geno Smith, Trent Richardson among players I still believe in

We live in a "What have you done for me lately?" world. Maybe that's a mistake.

Some young players need time to grow. Some experienced players can go through a down year and bounce back. Some old players shouldn't be kicked to the curb quite yet. And some injury-riddled players cannot be forgotten.

It's a good thing I'm such a positive person.

Here are nine players I still believe in:

1) Percy Harvin, WR, Seattle Seahawks

Last offseason, John Schneider sent three draft picks (including a first-rounder) to the Minnesota Vikings in exchange for Harvin. And the Seahawks general manager gave his new receiver a big pile of cash. Then Harvin suffered an offseason hip injury, went under the knife and caught one ball during the regular season.

Complete disappointment? Well, hardly.

In Super Bowl XLVIII, Harvin accounted for 137 yards on four touches, including an 87-yard kick-return touchdown that opened the second half and closed the book on the Denver Broncos.

Worth every penny.

Seattle fans have yet to even see the real Percy Harvin. It's scary to ponder how dynamic Russell Wilson and the defending champs can be when Harvin is healthy and providing a deep threat.

Did Sean Lee play four years In the NFL with a partially torn ACL?

Damn...really good player too, if he hadn't been out all that time he might have help make a difference to that horrible D
Well it still would have been awful...just less so

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
And here I thought this was the NFL community thread wherein we can discuss anything with fellow NFL fans (including poop and pictures of said poop)

We're screwed if it's just NFL related material.

We can talk about the World Cup in here because:

A) It's real sport happening at a time when nothing interesting is happening in our beloved NFL.

B) The real football thread is probably full of people who like Neymar and Barcelona. Fuck those guys, I like the fort.

JABEE

And here I thought this was the NFL community thread wherein we can discuss anything with fellow NFL fans (including poop and pictures of said poop)

We're screwed if it's just NFL related material.
What Gata wants, Gata gets. We will talk about futbol and incest.

rando14

Yooooo damn look at my boy Dangeruss with those sweet sweet shades and those ARMS !! Oh sheeit my boy's on the Kapernick training regimen :cool:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=116254994

Is it okay to link my response here? Tom? WesternHysteric? Or is there a thread where I can post links in? Don't want to clutter the exciting discussion here.

Time to go, please make sure they don't discuss anything NBA or NHL finals related tonight guys. Pls.
Dude there is already a thread for questions that don't deserve their own thread. Ask there and PM Heretic and Tom the link to the post.

Degenerates man, I swear.

Dude there is already a thread for questions that don't deserve their own thread. Ask there and PM Heretic and Tom the link to the post.

Degenerates man, I swear.

Please follow me to the rules-discussion thread so we can discuss this.

Edit: Jabes! I responded to you in the soccer thread.

Edit edit: I already made the post so, it's okay to edit it.

Top Bottom