• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Bp9qjghCUAEl9JD.jpg

Godslay

Banned
Is that supposed to mean something.

Symbolically it represents the end of Brady's career. Besides that it's just a nice looking ring.

So you're a higher grade of shit?

Enjoy mediocrity when Peyton retires next year.

If we have to endure the barrage of Patriots South circle jerkin', then you can admire a nice looking Conference ring. As far as Peyton retiring and enjoying mediocrity, that day may be soon at hand, yet no one knows what the future holds :)

We don't deserve those rings after that Bowl.

When asked if he would ever wear this ring, Peyton said probably not. I think that's all we need to know.

Is it too early to talk about them being contenders for the offseason championship?

As much as I'd like to say we're a top contender, how does anyone compete with teams housing "franchise" QBs that get wasted on floaty Swans instead of working and a fatass that enjoys leading his team to 5 wins for the season despite his greatest supporter brother Kas confidently proclaiming SB destinies this time of year? Also free taco bell and ice cream for the good folks at practice in Tampa!

bionic77

I just put my first game into my PS4 (first physical CD game), and it took me 8 minutes to figure out where the slot was. I'm getting old.
:lol

Took me a solid minute too.

It isn't because we are getting old though. It is because we don't spend 20 hours a day following gaming news and fantasizing about cartoon women. I didn't even know that the PS4 didn't have a youtube app. All I knew is that its controller had a light and was more powerful than the XBONE.

As much as I'd like to say we're a top contender, how does anyone compete with teams housing "franchise" QBs that get wasted on floaty Swans instead of working and a fatass that enjoys leading his team to 5 wins for the season despite his greatest supporter brother Kas confidently proclaiming SB destinies this time of year? Also free taco bell and ice cream for the good folks at practice in Tampa!
Steelers made a strong move locking up a overhyped offensive lineman who can't stay healthy. If we can sign a few more washed up defenders then we should be solid contenders. Don't give up hope yet Squall. It is only June. The offseason is just getting started. Still a lot of time left before we determine who has won it!

Hunter S.

I'm really excited for Cody Latimer.
He had the same broken bone in the fifth metatarsal I have broken twice. He must of had a long period to repair it because that is often the case with that bone if you need surgery. It is good he seems healed and in shape now.

Steelers made a strong move locking up a overhyped offensive lineman who can't stay healthy. If we can sign a few more washed up defenders then we should be solid contenders. Don't give up hope yet Squall. It is only June. The offseason is just getting started. Still a lot of time left before we determine who has won it!

Nice! Indeed, Training Camp is when we start to pop little boners for our player's achievements, especially without pads! Not because we're deprived of football by that point or anything...

I've actually had a question for Steeler GAF, do you guys think Dwyer has more left in him than Mendy did when we signed him? At least he's only second fiddle to stud Elly anyway and I expect his most useful quality to us will be blocking. Arians did make a statement today that he can catch better than he remembered him doing back in Pitts.

JABEE

I got into the Destiny Alpha. I may end up with an extra code. I'm waiting on the movie theater code from Sony. Someone gave me one off a VIP card. I'm still waiting on that email. Banned, are we friends on PSN. Add my username if you want to play some over the weekend.

PSN ID: JABEE

I got into the Destiny Alpha. I may end up with an extra code. I'm waiting on the movie theater code from Sony. Someone gave me one off a VIP card. I'm still waiting on that email. Banned, are we friends on PSN. Add my username if you want to play some over the weekend.

Yeah man, Im actually free all weekend for once. That would be cool since none of my RL buddies jumped in on PS4 yet.

I'll add you.

I think I have you, if you get an extra code, hook me up brah!

Godslay

Banned
He had the same broken bone in the fifth metatarsal I have broken twice. He must of had a long period to repair it because that is often the case with that bone if you need surgery. It is good he seems healed and in shape now.

Yeah, he had that injury during the combine and still put up a 4.4 40 with it. The thing I like about him is that he has DT's size and speed, with added physicality. If he can establish himself in the offense he's easily going to replace Decker. Me being me, I'll temper my expectations since he is a rookie, but I can see Latimer getting plenty of looks if healthy, especially in the redzone considering his power and ability to play above the 'rim' so to speak.

My sleeper is still CJ Anderson though. I can't pin it down to one specific thing, but I get the feeling he's going to emerge. Could very well be wrong, but I think what I saw in last year combined with familiarity in the system makes for good potential. Guess we will have to see how it all plays out.

Edit: Latimer also snatched a ball from Webster today, and blew away from him for a TD. Webster has great speed with 4.34 40, as well as size, so not to get too excited, but Latimer has all the physical skills to do the job.

Godslay

Banned
Well I'm getting a Wii U in the next few days. Hit a royal flush playing Pai-Gow and ended up $525 ahead. :D

Has to be a great feeling. Have had a rash of mild bad luck lately, nothing significant thank goodness. The good thing about bad luck is that at least it tells you that you still have luck!

Has to be a great feeling. Have had a rash of mild bad luck lately, nothing significant thank goodness. The good thing about bad luck is that at least it tells you that you still have luck!

Won big 2 of the last 4 times. Last time was one of my worst experiences though. Almost nobody there knew how to play any of the games and some lady next to me was going apeshit because the dealer almost took her hand twice when she ended up pushing. It was actually the same dealer that I hit my royal flush with.

Bp-LjxrCMAAOpit.png

Not sure if Seattle

A) Thinks Kaep sucks and doesn't deserve what he's getting paid

B) Want another possibly contending team in Carolina to kill their cap paying for a QB

C) Some combination of the two

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm so glad I found you guys years ago. I browse gaming side threads and I'm just like
e5YuU.gif

Link can be a girl
Link shouldn't be a girl
Link sucks
Link is gay
Link is a guy but can be a girl its cool
Why is Link a guy, he should be a guy pretending to be a girl
He should be neither

TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif

I feel like there's something wrong with me after reading those threads because I'm perfectly fine with and prefer Link being a dude.

I'd also prefer it if Link was older and more "mature" but that won't happen because that's not who Link is anyway. He's always been a boy between the ages of like 10 and 17ish.

Top Bottom