• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

tumblr_lsfpo42yZG1qesdbm.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Question NFLGAF:

Is it OK to do pushups, situps and pullups everyday? I've gotten conflicting answers from a lot of different people so I'm not sure. The last three days I've been hitting the pushups, pullups hard. Sore as hell.

Question NFLGAF:

Is it OK to do pushups, situps and pullups everyday? I've gotten conflicting answers from a lot of different people so I'm not sure. The last three days I've been hitting the pushups, pullups hard. Sore as hell.

You need to have rest days where your muscles can rest and grow otherwise it's for naught, also eventually you'll want to include weights to build on that muscle otherwise you'll plateau pretty quickly.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Question NFLGAF:

Well it didn't kill several million soldiers in basic training over the past forever number of years.

The worst part of this is that the rooster sauce is just to flavor his "dinner" of an entire bottle of whiskey and pills.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You need to have rest days where your muscles can rest and grow otherwise it's for naught, also eventually you'll want to include weights to build on that muscle otherwise you'll plateau pretty quickly.

Yeah I've heard that, but then you see dudes in prison who do pushups all day and come out swoll as fuck.

And yeah, right now for about two weeks I'm just doing pushups, pullups and situps to get myself in decent shape to get back into the gym.

I've been out of shape for the last three years and this past weekend of alcoholism pushed me over the limit where I told myself I need to cut the shit out and get my ass back in shape. Just two days of working out and I feel so much better physically and mentally.

Yeah I've heard that, but then you see dudes in prison who do pushups all day and come out swoll as fuck.

And yeah, right now for about two weeks I'm just doing pushups, pullups and situps to get myself in decent shape to get back into the gym.

I've been out of shape for the last three years and this past weekend of alcoholism pushed me over the limit where I told myself I need to cut the shit out and get my ass back in shape. Just two days of working out and I feel so much better physically and mentally.

Ah if you're just starting up again, that's a great way to do it. I started eating healthier the last few weeks and it's amazing how much more energy I have throughout the day, I can't wait to start working out again.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If I remember right, Kas and I are of comparable size. I'm 6'3" 240 and I'm just getting the weight down for now. I say do whatever feels good and don't overthink it. Just get healthy!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Ah if you're just starting up again, that's a great way to do it. I started eating healthier the last few weeks and it's amazing how much more energy I have throughout the day, I can't wait to start working out again.

Yeah, 3 years ago I was at my peak 6'5, 240 lbs of solid muscle and I never felt better in my life. Everything in life was easier. My ankle should be ok within the next week or two and then I'm going to hit the squats hard.

The past 3 years my pizza and beer diet hasn't gone as planned.

Yeah, 3 years ago I was at my peak 6'5, 240 lbs of solid muscle and I never felt better in my life. Everything in life was easier. My ankle should be ok within the next week or two and then I'm going to hit the squats hard.

The past 3 years my pizza and beer diet hasn't gone as planned.

I know the feeling, went through some tough stuff last year, stopped going to the gym and a little under a year later I've gained like 25lbs and lost a lot of the gains I had made, but I'm trying to get back at it.

MechDX

PDS @PatDStat
The Baltimore Ravens tried to trade for T.J. Yates on draft night, the #Texans turned down the offer. Now this. Odd.

BLarry. Kubes got yo back! Flacco is good as gone.

not really

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm 6'4, about 200lbs.

Keep up the work Kas and feel better about yourself!

Thanks bros.

The hardest part is actually giving yourself a kick in the ass and start getting into the routine of working out everyday whether lifting or cardio. I've gotten myself in that rhythm and routine so there's no stopping me at this point. Plus I've cut out all alcohol and drugs for the time being so that certainly helps a ton as well.

Going to have Stafford pecs and arms in about 3 months.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You fucking tall motherfuckers. I'm toppin' out at 5'6" ;_;

Muggsy Bogues is my hero:

NB2sX4NTpsjTDrPdF_bTuw_bogues1.jpg

It's amazing how everyone is tall and thin on the Internet in spite of statistics saying otherwise. It's just a response bias, lots of shorties and fatties in this thread but they don't post their stats!

It's amazing how everyone is tall and thin on the Internet in spite of statistics saying otherwise. It's just a response bias, lots of shorties and fatties in this thread but they don't post their stats!

I'm 5' 10" (or so) 195lb, I was down to 175 before I gained weight this last year but I'm not fat at all, chubby face and a small belly sure, but I'll burn that off in a few months.

Top Bottom