• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Also if I remember right, headphones are a "high margin" item so Best Buy isn't out anywhere close to that $100 it cost.

Anecdotally, last time I worked at Circuit City, they were missing laptops and digital cameras which were under lock and key. Missing some headphones is a good day for them.

I know I'm supposed to wait for the dailies but $4 for Witcher 2 seems hella cheap

Go for it?

If you're going to install and play it today, go for it. It might go down to what? $3?

I spent $10 more on EU4 at the last sale because I wanted to actually use my weekend playing it versus waiting until Monday or whenever it went on sale. Totally worth it.

bionic77

I didn't realize you were older than me because I was in my late teens / early 20s playing those games.

Unless you've always been an old man promoting the virtues of healthy eating and how at all of 20 years old you would say: "I'm too old to eat fast food, that just ruins my day and I feel horrible at my age".
I think I was mid 20s when Supersmash came out on the cube. All I remember my friends playing was Halo, GTA and Madden at. It was hard for me to find anyone to play Winning Eleven back then. Forget MarioKart.

And I think I started to eat healthy at around 25ish so basically the same time. Before that I would eat a Rally's burger, Wendy's and even Taco Bell occasionally like the rest of you savages. But you just feel better when you eat healthy and I feel like shit when I eat fast food.

Also ez should return it but I won't blame him if he doesn't. The stores usually make it a pain to return stuff when they fuck up, take forever and they are never grateful.

ShaneB

Checking my xbox account and I see the balance I have is still there from ages ago. 110 bucks. I need to figure out some options to turn this into real money to spend elsewhere.

Circuit city was such a crap hole right before they went under, my friend used to work there and he got us sweet deals on stuff, I bought a ton of games and consoles for cheap.

Dragon

Banned
It seems pretty obvious that interaction with a physical human being is inherently better than interaction with a disembodied voice.

For example, all the nasty language that gets thrown around in DotA matches would be somewhat muted if you had to worry about being punched in the face when you called someone a "talentless useless bitch".

Therefore I would argue it's not dumb at all.

You're completely missing the point and talking about something else. I don't like Madden but there's a reason online franchise mode works. People are busy and being able to split up games the way you can is way more feasible. Making a blanket statement because some fucktards spew racist shit on the Internet is something I'll never agree with.

I don't even know how something like Dota would even work locally. I mean each of you bringing a computer to a central location? Each game is different. What works for Nintendo doesn't work for Valve.

Edit: Shopping at Best Buy is questionable in the first place.

I've been pretty lucky with my jobs, my first job was at taco bell back in high school, did that for a year, then worked at a pre-school as a teachers aide for a few years, went into mortgages and financing at countrywide and outside of a few odd jobs (game tester for THQ for example) I've stuck to finance and now I'm in accounting.

You're completely missing the point and talking about something else. I don't like Madden but there's a reason online franchise mode works. People are busy and being able to split up games the way you can is way more feasible. Making a blanket statement because some fucktards spew racist shit on the Internet is something I'll never agree with.

I don't even know how something like Dota would even work locally. I mean each of you bringing a computer to a central location? Each game is different. What works for Nintendo doesn't work for Valve.

Edit: Shopping at Best Buy is questionable in the first place.

Back when Counter Strike was a big hit, I knew folks that would gather in one place, connect all their pcs and have lan parties.

The same part of your brain that tells you that Ray Lewis is innocent and to post pictures of your shit online is the same part that thinks Pauly Shore is underrated.

Encino Man and Bio Dome are of such quality, to rate him anything but "fine" is a travesty. And most people don't think he's fine.

Also, damn, one of the people in my cube favela is making some heinous anus smelling farts. I hate not having a private office anymore. Then the only farts in there were mine.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think I was mid 20s when Supersmash came out on the cube. All I remember my friends playing was Halo, GTA and Madden at. It was hard for me to find anyone to play Winning Eleven back then. Forget MarioKart.

And I think I started to eat healthy at around 25ish so basically the same time. Before that I would eat a Rally's burger, Wendy's and even Taco Bell occasionally like the rest of you savages. But you just feel better when you eat healthy and I feel like shit when I eat fast food.

Also ez should return it but I won't blame him if he doesn't. The stores usually make it a pain to return stuff when they fuck up, take forever and they are never grateful.

I dunno man, life without Popeyes would be sad. I feel great too but I don't eat huge portions. McDonalds and Taco Bell give me that bad feeling though so I get it....McDonalds is the worst offender for this.

Circuit city was such a crap hole right before they went under, my friend used to work there and he got us sweet deals on stuff, I bought a ton of games and consoles for cheap.

It was awful when they were liquidating but the video game price wars during the PS2 era were amazing. You could always get a good deal on a new game. Electronics in general seemed cheaper when they were competing against each other. Now it's just Best Buys awful pricing but "have it now" convenience versus buying it online and wait a week.

I watched Biodome yesterday, and I'm going to spit some truths.....Paulie Shore is underrated.

What the hell is wrong with you. This is one of the worst things I've heard since Cajun told us he sleeps in jeans.

He can afford it. $100 to him is like pocket change for us poors.

I'm assuming you all must not have seen Bio Dome, because it's pretty great

tumblr_n6amjb1X7v1rvzbdgo1_500.gif

It has a young Kylie Minogue eating a carrot provocatively. There's a gif of it, but I didn't post it here, since I'm pretty banshy since the brown incident.

jakncoke

Banned
Encino Man and Bio Dome are of such quality, to rate him anything but "fine" is a travesty. And most people don't think he's fine.

Also, damn, one of the people in my cube favela is making some heinous anus smelling farts. I hate not having a private office anymore. Then the only farts in there were mine.

I was shocked when I learned Biodome was in IMDB lowest 100, as for shore on top of Encino Man. In the Army Now and Son in Law are decent entertainment.

jbug617

Banned
Rex went in on Pettine.

@KMart_LI: Rex called it "ridiculous" multiple times... #Jets HC adds "everyone needs to talk to Mike Pettine cause he's got all the answers." #ooohwee

@KMart_LI: Rex on Pettine: "I don't understand what he's trying to gain by it." ...#ohboy

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Jim Trotter ‏@JimTrotter_NFL 6m

Coaches also say Richardson is relying more on his instincts when running instead of thinking it thru. Has a chance to be a 3-down player.
Expand

Jim Trotter ‏@JimTrotter_NFL 9m

Andrew Luck is being asked to take greater control at the line of scrimmage. Will go to line with as many as 6 play calls instead of just 2.
Expand

Colasante

Looks like Johnathan Franklin's career is over because of his neck injury. First Nick Collins, then Jermichael Finley, now Franklin. Very unfortunate.

rando14

Rex went in on Pettine.

Pettine's a pretty smart guy!!

But the key to a revival this fall will come on defense. Play well on that side of the ball, limit turnovers on offense and suddenly you’re in every game. That’s why the Browns were content to go the slow route with the quarterback position, until they traded up four spots to land Johnny Manziel in the first round of this year’s draft. Pettine and general manager Ray Farmer want to follow the path blazed most recently by the Seahawks and the 49ers.

“My point was, I hope we’re not drafting fourth again anytime soon. Let’s look at the model. If you don’t have that guy, then you need to build it like Seattle did, like San Francisco did. Get a guy with some unique traits, but first and foremost, he’s not going to lose the game for you. Building a great defense and offensive line so we can run the ball—the quarterback’s going to look good because you’re not going to be in third-and-8, you’re going to be in third-and-4. Percentage-wise you’re going to convert more. Then ask the guy to make a couple plays with his feet, complete a fourth-quarter comeback half the time. Next thing you know, you look up and you’re pretty damn good.”

Top Bottom