• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

eznark

Banned
Yeah! Fuck Nick Saban! It was all his fault!
Yeah! Fuck Jimmy Johnson! It was all his fault!
Yeah! Fuck Dave Wannstedt! It was all his fault!
Yeah! Fuck Jim Bates! It was all his fault!
Yeah! Fuck Cam Cameron! It was all his fault!
Yeah! Fuck Tony Sparano! It was all his fault!
Yeah! Fuck Joe Philbin! It's all his fault!

Todd Bowles...you're cool.

Yeah! Fuck Nick Saban! It was all his fault! Fuck him
Yeah! Fuck Jimmy Johnson! It was all his fault! Should have retired
Yeah! Fuck Dave Wannstedt! It was all his fault! Just didn't work out, we cool
Yeah! Fuck Jim Bates! It was all his fault! lol
Yeah! Fuck Cam Cameron! It was all his fault! smh
Yeah! Fuck Tony Sparano! It was all his fault! Fuck you Parcells
Yeah! Fuck Joe Philbin! It's all his fault! On borrowed time

Todd Bowles...you're cool. Agreed

igcoos.gif

mjkxtn.gif

qjadwi.gif

I'm not even mad at Cameron. His incompetence is so severe my feelings lean more towards pity.

I am actually not that upset about Philbin getting one more year. I don't hate him. The biggest knock I have against him is that he sucks at motivating the team when they really need it. The last two games of last year were pretty unacceptable from a coaching standpoint. We'll see what he can do with some new guys around him but if they miss the playoffs this season he needs to be shown the door
on the plane back to Green Bay.

eznark

Banned
I'm not even mad at Cameron. His incompetence is so severe my feelings lean more towards pity.

I am actually not that upset about Philbin getting one more year. I don't hate him. The biggest knock I have against him is that he sucks at motivating the team when they really need it. The last two games of last year were pretty unacceptable from a coaching standpoint. We'll see what he can do with some new guys around him but if they miss the playoffs this season he needs to be shown the door

Maybe having 8 head coaches in 15 years is part of the problem? But hey...by all means go for 9. Maybe he'll be fired during the season and an interim can take over so you can make it an even 10 next year when the Dolphins hire their next future ex.

Maybe having 8 head coaches in 15 years is part of the problem? But hey...by all means go for 9. Maybe he'll be fired during the season and an interim can take over so you can make it an even 10 next year when the Dolphins hire their next future ex.
Yes, the ultimate problem is Stephen Ross. Not trying to argue against that at all.

Do you think Philbin should get another year if the Dolphins miss the playoffs this season?

I'm ok with him sticking around only for tannehills sake, I just don't like his coaching style but yeah this is it for him, either playoffs or he's gone

Well to be fair two were interim and one quit like a little bitch so that's only 5 in 15 years.

Why does England suck so much?

Because there is a mistaken belief that complete morons like Gerrard and Rooney can be relied upon at the highest level simply because they are big names.

Watch Rooney score to make me look like a fool but fuck him. He's still a lazy cunt.

EDIT: Like I said, he's still a lazy thick twat.

eznark

Banned
Yes, the ultimate problem is Stephen Ross. Not trying to argue against that at all.

Do you think Philbin should get another year if the Dolphins miss the playoffs this season?

I mean, it depends on how the season goes but basically I''d marry him to Tannehill. As long as Tannehill is progressing yeah I'd keep him.

Basically you want to be positioned to fill the void the Patriots are going to leave starting this year. I saw nothing out of Philbin last year that would make me want to move on. He had a competitive team with a young quarterback and insane turmoil. Positives. Unless things go real sideways I'd definitely bring him back. Teams are way too fast to fire head coaches. That's why coordinators exist.

I mean, it depends on how the season goes but basically I''d marry him to Tannehill. As long as Tannehill is progressing yeah I'd keep him.

Basically you want to be positioned to fill the void the Patriots are going to leave starting this year. I saw nothing out of Philbin last year that would make me want to move on. He had a competitive team with a young quarterback and insane turmoil. Positives. Unless things go real sideways I'd definitely bring him back. Teams are way too fast to fire head coaches. That's why coordinators exist.
Yeah, I see your point. Still, losing and getting out-coached by the Bills and Jets in the final two weeks of the season to miss the playoffs is pretty unacceptable, especially when the previous season wasn't any better.

Also, you can say he had insane turmoil but many would say that is his responsibility, at least in part. The whole bullying thing is a huge black eye on his tenure and I find it hard to give him a complete free pass on it.

JABEE

Just went into Best Buy, took a water ($2) a Steam wallet card ($50) and some plantronics bluetooth headphones ($100) to the register.

$52 please

I wasn't paying attention so I paid and walked out. I realized in my car (still in the parking lot) that the dumb ass kid just gave me $100 headphones for free.

What would you have done?

Taken them back.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, I see your point. Still, losing and getting out-coached by the Bills and Jets in the final two weeks of the season to miss the playoffs is pretty unacceptable, especially when the previous season wasn't any better.

Also, you can say he had insane turmoil but many would say that is his responsibility, at least in part. The whole bullying thing is a huge black eye on his tenure and I find it hard to give him a complete free pass on it.

What does "outcoached" even mean? He isn't as good a coach as Rex Ryan but I'd argue very, very few are and whoever you bring in to replace him won't be either. I don't remember what happened in the Bills game.

I wish some team would do a "day in the life" video of an NFL head coach.

What does "outcoached" even mean? He isn't as good a coach as Rex Ryan but I'd argue very, very few are and whoever you bring in to replace him won't be either. I don't remember what happened in the Bills game.

I wish some team would do a "day in the life" video of an NFL head coach.
Philbin has never been great at making half-time adjustments. This was especially apparent in those two games. I refuse to say Rex Ryan is a good coach but I'm obviously biased.

The Dolphins lost 19-0 in a near must win situation to a Thad Lewis led Bills team. Good luck releasing Philbin from all blame on that one.

squicken

Granted I am late to the sport, but I have never seen Gerrard do anything but fuck things up horribly. He seems a total waste of a player

eznark

Banned
Philbin has never been great at making half-time adjustments. This was especially apparent in those two games. I refuse to say Rex Ryan is a good coach but I'm obviously biased.

The Dolphins lost 19-0 in a near must win situation to a Thad Lewis led Bills team. Good luck releasing Philbin from all blame on that one.

I just don't remember it. Once it comes time for meaningful football games I pretty must just ignore everything that happens in the minor leagues.

bionic77

Ben was apparently impressed with the new guys on defense.

This might be the first time in a long time that we are fast on defense. I predict a return to defensive dominance based on that fact as everyone knows that you can accurately predict football greatness solely on 40 times and verticals.

Bread

Banned
If someone has a Facebook and no Xbox, I will gladly accept your free money that gamestop is handing out.

In return, I will think of you at some point tonight.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm glad someone got it..

People forgot about your background! If only you were as dumb as Gata, more people would take notice.

I'm also kind of bummed out that Rooney got his first goal. It's one of those running sports jokes like Lebron never winning a title that when they're busted, the world seems a little less humorous.

Granted I am late to the sport, but I have never seen Gerrard do anything but fuck things up horribly. He seems a total waste of a player

Gerrard can do most, if not all, of the things required of a professional footballer. He can play 50 yard passes that land on a dime, he can smash the ball into the top corner from 30 yards out and he can run around and break up play defensively. If you look at a youtube compilation of his highlights then anybody will think they are watching a world class footballer.

Unfortunately he is a stupid scouse cunt and this genetic curse means he lacks even the most basic of brain functions. As such he has no idea as to WHEN he's supposed to do any of those so he runs around like a headless chicken kicking the ball as hard as he can at random.

Over the course of a league season, this will obviously lead to enough spectacular moments to make impressive looking youtube videos. These highlights, combined with the insularity and insecurity of Liverpool fans means he has been hailed as a world class talent despite his idiocy making him a total liability at the highest level.

bionic77

United States continues its dominance of the international soccer scene.
You should really go to England during a major international soccer event (assuming they qualified).

It is one of the most hilarious things you will ever see. Prior to England being eliminated in the first week of competition the entire nation starts to act like KAS. They somehow delude themselves into thinking that they have a realistic chance of winning the whole thing and everyone puts an English flag on everything. There will be a lot of talk about George best and the one world cup England won approximately 200 years ago. Despite having eyes they will convince themselves that guys like Rooney and Garrard are world class athletes and soccer players. Everyone starts to get genuinely excited as the match starts. No one is realistic about anything until the other team scores their first goal (usually pretty early and usually pre-empted by something embarrassing by England). They then get quiet but you can tell they are mostly thinking about a miraculous comeback. These delusions get greater as we get closer to the end of the game and England being knocked out. When the whistle blows you will be astounded to see the look of disbelief on their faces. THEY ACTUALLY THOUGHT ENGLAND WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN. Blows me away every single time.

5 minutes after they lose all flags disappear (for a country of approximately 500 people this is pretty impressive efficiency) and they immediately look for a scapegoat on the team.

I wonder if most European teams act that way.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You should really go to England during a major international soccer event (assuming they qualified).

It is one of the most hilarious things you will ever see. Prior to England being eliminated in the first week of competition the entire nation starts to act like KAS. They somehow delude themselves into thinking that they have a realistic chance of winning the whole thing and everyone puts an English flag on everything. There will be a lot of talk about George best and the one world cup England won approximately 200 years ago. Despite having eyes they will convince themselves that guys like Rooney and Garrard are world class athletes and soccer players. Everyone starts to get genuinely excited as the match starts. No one is realistic about anything until the other team scores their first goal (usually pretty early and usually pre-empted by something embarrassing by England). They then get quiet but you can tell they are mostly thinking about a miraculous comeback. These delusions get greater as we get closer to the end of the game and England being knocked out. When the whistle blows you will be astounded to see the look of disbelief on their faces. THEY ACTUALLY THOUGHT ENGLAND WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN. Blows me away every single time.

5 minutes after they lose all flags disappear (for a country of approximately 500 people this is pretty impressive efficiency) and they immediately look for a scapegoat on the team.

I wonder if most European teams act that way.

It's really weird because "hope" is not a natural English trait. Sarcasm, pessimism, and gallows humor rule the day. You'd think they'd have the same outlook on their national team as they do every single thing else ever.

cdyhybrid

Ben was apparently impressed with the new guys on defense.

This might be the first time in a long time that we are fast on defense. I predict a return to defensive dominance based on that fact as everyone knows that you can accurately predict football greatness solely on 40 times and verticals.

Works for the Raiders!

Top Bottom