• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Bread

Banned
Some dude sells life insurance, gets picked on by former high school bully, breaks nose and is in hospital.

I'll continue watching later, just got bored.
You watched 10 minutes of a show and decided that you didn't want to watch it.

PS4 owners, Mech. Something wrong in their heads.

Spinluck

Happy Memorial Day!

On this Memorial Day, we should remember and thank those men and women who gave their lives for our country as well as those who continue to serve. Their sacrifices protect our way of life and allow us to make awful life decisions such as (but not limited to):

• Becoming a Patriots Fan
  • Living in Florida or Cleveland
  • Putting ketchup in rice
  • Putting vinegar on fries
  • Putting fruit on pizza
  • Eating spiders
  • Hating Johnny Manziel
  • Hating baseball or soccer
  • Thinking teenage boys are attractive

Happy Memorial Day to you to friend. Nothing like the smell of barbeque grills being fried up across America!

Days of Future Past was really good.

Cosigned!

Spinluck

I know you don't know how to cook so here's a pro tip. Trader Joe's, they got amazing frozen foods and hot chicks shopping there all day.

I'm a good friend.

I'm here for furniture reasons. I spent all night assembling a bed just to find out I was missing shit. I'm here to pick up the piece. I love the trail mixes from Trader Joes though!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Dear God, I had no idea so many hot chicks shop at IKEA.

It's a smorgasbord in here.

Smorgasbord is probably a good word to use since you're in a Swedish store.

Also, they're not shopping....they're just lost if it's anything like the store in Houston.

Speaking of shopping, I tried going to Casual Male XL and it was awful. The "tall" clothing that they sell is ridiculously huge across the waist. I could smuggle a beach ball in there.

So I went to Express and decided to try some shirts on just for the fit across the front and it was good. I'm in the process of ordering a bunch of their shirts in "talls" online since they don't carry them in store (neither does Banana Republic or anywhere else apparently...)

I was able to get some jeans from Express for dirt cheap (down to a size 36 inch waist from a 42 pre-divorce). So life is good.

image.php

MechDX

Pouring down rain here. I'm still going to grill my pork.chops that have spent the last 24 hours in a homemade honey teriyaki marinade

Weinke try the website. Also which store did you go to? The Humble store has a lot of the Tall sizes

Also try the outlet mall in Conroe. They have a Casual Male and also a Haggar store that has some larger sizes

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Pouring down rain here. I'm still going to grill my pork.chops that have spent the last 24 hours in a homemade honey teriyaki marinade

Weinke try the website. Also which store did you go to? The Humble store has a lot of the Tall sizes

Went to the Woodlands store up here near me. The problem is that I was looking for dress shirts and they don't carry anything less than a size 17.5....literally had only 4 or 5 colors in that size as well.

Also, they're not shopping....they're just lost if it's anything like the store in Houston.

Speaking of shopping, I tried going to Casual Male XL and it was awful. The "tall" clothing that they sell is ridiculously huge across the waist. I could smuggle a beach ball in there.

So I went to Express and decided to try some shirts on just for the fit across the front and it was good. I'm in the process of ordering a bunch of their shirts in "talls" online since they don't carry them in store (neither does Banana Republic or anywhere else apparently...)

I was able to get some jeans from Express for dirt cheap (down to a size 36 inch waist from a 42 pre-divorce). So life is good.

Damn bro, great job.

BigAT

http://asset3.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=19187&dateline=1394898441[IMG][/QUOTE]

Someone once linked me to this thread on Reddit about tall men's fashion.

[url]http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/14zxzc/guide_to_tall_mens_fashion/[/url]

It does suck that almost all Big and Tall stores are for fatter guys. It's crazy hard to find good fitting clothes for tall and slim.

By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer

A common pre-draft sentiment regarding Johnny Manziel had the Texas A&M quarterback playing a Fran Tarkenton-type in the NFL.

In a Friday appearance on the (award-winning) "Around The League Podcast," NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks shared a conversation with one league executive who believes Manziel is likely to remind us of a more recent NFC passer.

"(The executive) said, 'Envision Johnny Manziel playing like Jeff Garcia in San Francisco rather than the Doug Flutie or Fran Tarkenton comparison,'" Brooks said. "Think about how Jeff Garcia played at his prime, at his best when Steve Mariucci was there. That's how I can see Johnny Manziel playing in the National Football League."

Brooks believes some of the misconceptions about Manziel's future come from incorrect assumptions about new Browns offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan.

"I think when you look at what Kyle Shanahan has done, he has experience in the West Coast offense from his time with Gary Kubiak in Houston," Brooks said, echoing the thoughts of another league executive. "I envision that offense looking very much like the Houston Texans' offense looked. When you have a lot of boot, rollout action, a lot of stretch runs.

"When you look at the two running backs they have: Terrance West and Ben Tate, both of those guys come out of the zone-based running game. So as I'm connecting the dots, it leads me to believe they're going to run the zone-based system and they're going to have Johnny Manziel always sneak out the back door."

The Garcia comparison is an intriguing one. In his San Francisco heyday, Garcia was one of the most productive quarterbacks in football, a truth that feels strangely forgotten.

If Manziel becomes the early aughts version of Garcia, the Browns will have -- at long last -- found their franchise quarterback.

The latest "Around The League Podcast" predicts 2014 starting lineups and talks insider goodness with Bucky Brooks.
Johnny HoFootball.

Tom Penny

Brady

“Sometimes we’ll be watching tape and [offensive coordinator] Josh McDaniels will say to me, ‘What happened on that play?’ And I’ll say, ‘I missed it. I just missed it.’ Throwing a football is a very, very tough to thing to do consistently well. Other sports too. You think when LeBron tries a three-pointer he’s aiming for the back of the rim, hopes he hits the back of the rim? Of course not. On an approach shot in golf, are you trying to miss by four feet? No—you want to get it in, or within two inches. That’s why, to me, it’s so important to work in the off-season perfecting mechanics. Say you’re off 1 percent on your mechanics of throwing in one week, and you don’t fix it. Over four weeks, if you keep going, that’s 4 percent that you’re off. And you say, ‘Why am I not throwing the ball as crisply as I need to? I was the 199th pick in the draft for a reason. I need to maximize my efficiency, my mechanics and my reps to be sure I stay on top of my game.”

Stafford

Asked this week if he'd be willing to work with a passing coach this offseason, the Detroit Lions quarterback shot the idea to the floor.

"Probably not," Stafford said, per Justin Rogers of MLive.com. "It's not something that I feel would be my style or beneficial to me."

Tamanon

Banned
Any of you guys getting Watch_Dogs on PS4? Add me if so. PSN: DejaVuZero

It'll be my second game on the system, but enjoying it thus far. Infamous was great fun.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
fps-gate for every single game is driving me fucking bonkers. Nuke every thread.

Its amazing how many people went into that Mario Kart thread and kept making shitty 1 line jokes after the graveyard started filling up.

To be honest that stuff in Mario Kart is way worse than your usual frame drops. That stutter really can't be unseen once you see it. "59 FPS" is a terrible description for the problem and also inaccurate as well.

Watch Dogs looks okay but its a Ubisoft game so it'll be $30 within a month on PS4. So I'll wait a bit.

DOWNGRADETON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! soured a bunch of people on Watch_Dogs.

There are quite a few people who just shit on it blindly because they feel Ubisoft lied to them (even though you would have to be super naive to think that the final game would look like the E32012 reveal). Even now it doesn't look that bad.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Looks like a GTA clone. But instead of killing hookers you hack shit.

Once again 3DS is where it's at.

Really? 3DS release schedule has been putrid this year, pretty much worse than any other platform including the comatose Vita. Might be the most disappointing system Nintendo has ever made. Can't believe they followed up the DS with that.

I've thought about buying a cheap Wii U because its a system with some actual games on the horizon unlike the 3DS, but the problem with trying to find a cheap used one is nobody actually has one at all.

Spinluck

So I went to Express and decided too try some shirts on just for the fit across the front and it was good. I'm in the process of ordering a bunch of their shirts in "talls" online since they don't carry them in store (neither does Banana Republic or anywhere else apparently...)

image.php

I knew it was Swedish, but that word play was unintentional lol.

Nice dude, I love Express, but I'm super cheap at the moment and can't afford to shop there. I've just been saving money as of late, which is a shame because I need to go clothes shopping and love a lot of Express's stuff.

I usually shop clearance, but I make exceptions if I really like something that I can afford to spend money on. And yes, if you're over 6ft, shopping for the right fit can suck -__-. At least in my experience.

bionic77

Really? 3DS release schedule has been putrid this year, pretty much worse than any other platform including the comatose Vita. Might be the most disappointing system Nintendo has ever made. Can't believe they followed up the DS with that.

I've thought about buying a cheap Wii U because its a system with some actual games on the horizon unlike the 3DS, but the problem with trying to find a cheap used one is nobody actually has one at all.
Even Gata never said anything this dumb dawg.

Insult the 3DS at your own peril. This thread is mostly filled with people of good taste. We also have some Pats fans and ColdNoodle but for the most part people here are cool.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Damn bro, great job.

Thanks man! I'm guessing on the 42 waist size part. Really a size 40 pair of jeans seems to be more like 40~44 since they still fit even after dropping the first 30 pounds....

Someone once linked me to this thread on Reddit about tall men's fashion.

http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/14zxzc/guide_to_tall_mens_fashion/

It does suck that almost all Big and Tall stores are for fatter guys. It's crazy hard to find good fitting clothes for tall and slim.

I'm not even slim and it's hard. The issue is that apparently baggy clothes don't look good on anyone at any size so that makes it even more difficult.

I knew it was Swedish, but that word play was unintentional lol.

Nice dude, I love Express, but I'm super cheap at the moment and can't afford to shop there. I've just been saving money as of late, which is a shame because I need to go clothes shopping and love a lot of Express's stuff.

I usually shop clearance, but I make exceptions if I really like something that I can afford to spend money on. And yes, if you're over 6ft, shopping for the right fit can suck -__-. At least in my experience.

I have always loved the clothes at Express even back when it was called "Structure" (yeah I'm an old). I'm mostly drawn in by the rich, bold colors that give off that "Euro" vibe or whatever. Plus the price is usually really reasonable if you wait for the sales (they had 40% off this weekend). I definitely think it's second to Banana Republic in terms of quality of the major chain brands.

Was Flash Gordon the best QB the Jets ever had?

Brent.

Top Bottom