• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

JABEE

You should really go to England during a major international soccer event (assuming they qualified).

It is one of the most hilarious things you will ever see. Prior to England being eliminated in the first week of competition the entire nation starts to act like KAS. They somehow delude themselves into thinking that they have a realistic chance of winning the whole thing and everyone puts an English flag on everything. There will be a lot of talk about George best and the one world cup England won approximately 200 years ago. Despite having eyes they will convince themselves that guys like Rooney and Garrard are world class athletes and soccer players. Everyone starts to get genuinely excited as the match starts. No one is realistic about anything until the other team scores their first goal (usually pretty early and usually pre-empted by something embarrassing by England). They then get quiet but you can tell they are mostly thinking about a miraculous comeback. These delusions get greater as we get closer to the end of the game and England being knocked out. When the whistle blows you will be astounded to see the look of disbelief on their faces. THEY ACTUALLY THOUGHT ENGLAND WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN. Blows me away every single time.

5 minutes after they lose all flags disappear (for a country of approximately 500 people this is pretty impressive efficiency) and they immediately look for a scapegoat on the team.

I wonder if most European teams act that way.

I think you will see a very similar phenomenon happen with Leafs fans on HFBoards.

wx37pjY.png

What a legend.

Bread

Banned
What do I have to do? Also depends on what you'll be doing tonight....otherwise no deal
bit.ly/gs-Xbox-one

I'm in class now, so who knows maybe it will be sometime in the next few hours while I'm learning about finance!

Nvm I guess they ran out, you lost your chance Chris!

Make sure yall tell your English friends you love them and you got their back in this tough and difficult time.

My fellow Browns-GAF, let's pour one out for King Wesley

England might not be great in real life but they were my go to team online in FIFA 13. I think the team is loaded with talent, they just can't put it together for some reason.

MechDX

Scored two of those Nyko WiiU Commander controllers for $30 at a pawn shop. Look brand new, probably stolen from the Walmart down the road.

You should really go to England during a major international soccer event (assuming they qualified).

It is one of the most hilarious things you will ever see. Prior to England being eliminated in the first week of competition the entire nation starts to act like KAS. They somehow delude themselves into thinking that they have a realistic chance of winning the whole thing and everyone puts an English flag on everything. There will be a lot of talk about George best and the one world cup England won approximately 200 years ago. Despite having eyes they will convince themselves that guys like Rooney and Garrard are world class athletes and soccer players. Everyone starts to get genuinely excited as the match starts. No one is realistic about anything until the other team scores their first goal (usually pretty early and usually pre-empted by something embarrassing by England). They then get quiet but you can tell they are mostly thinking about a miraculous comeback. These delusions get greater as we get closer to the end of the game and England being knocked out. When the whistle blows you will be astounded to see the look of disbelief on their faces. THEY ACTUALLY THOUGHT ENGLAND WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN. Blows me away every single time.

5 minutes after they lose all flags disappear (for a country of approximately 500 people this is pretty impressive efficiency) and they immediately look for a scapegoat on the team.

I wonder if most European teams act that way.

It's really weird because "hope" is not a natural English trait. Sarcasm, pessimism, and gallows humor rule the day. You'd think they'd have the same outlook on their national team as they do every single thing else ever.

I think most rational folk over there know their fate deep down and they know that they are not one of the strongest teams in the world. But right around this time, talking heads start yelling about "Bring Football Home!" and "1966" and people get caught up in the nationalistic fervor.

England might not be great in real life but they were my go to team online in FIFA 13. I think the team is loaded with talent, they just can't put it together for some reason.

6850105.jpg

Outdated tactics, holding on for dear life to the geezers on the squad and refusing to let the really talented new generation push through. England wants to win like its 1966 by playing like its 1966. Hoof It Woy's got to go. They need to bring a new manager with new ideas and a guy's who not afraid to ruffle the feathers of the Old Guard if it means getting results. Like the World Cup winner Kaiser Jurgen Klinsmann.

Falcons released Dominique Davis today, who was Ryan's backup last year. The Yates trade makes more sense now.

Dent lost his job to undrafted Worrilow so his days were numbered anyway.

cajunator

Banned
I never worked retail, is it worse or equal to waiting tables?

Healthcare is easier because if you're a asshole, I'll tell you to wait for someone else to help you.

Ive only worked two places in my entire life. The first was a cinema, and the second was the place Im at now for 12 years.

MechDX

Falcons released Dominique Davis today, who was Ryan's backup last year. The Yates trade makes more sense now.

Dent lost his job to undrafted Worrilow so his days were numbered anyway.

Everybody is happy! TJ gets to go home, Texans get ILB depth and Yates has as many playoff wins at Ryan.

Only BOB can trade a player he already waived.

jbug617

Banned
Ronde Barber snitching on the Bucs.
@MikeGarafolo: Ronde Barber on @AmericasPregame: "A lot of intel came into our building. I may or may not have seen practice of a team we were playing." Oh

Hornets jerseys need the pinstripe.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Did you just call Philly fans, Squickens, and people racist towards RGIII good people?

What a snes

How are Panther fans racist against RG3?

Also, even Philly fans are good, honest people compared to those racist bandwaggoners from BAWSTIN.

We're almost 7 hours into a Steam sale and I haven't impulse bought some game that I will never even install let alone play yet.

GAF, what's wrong with me?

Il-46 looks good for only $5.

I dunno, I'm not in the mood to spend $15 on some of the better games.

You have this condition called; "You got old mother fucker", embrace it, it doesn't get any better.

But I'm only 20 :/

wienke said:
How are Panther fans racist against RG3?

Also, even Philly fans are good, honest people compared to those racist bandwaggoners from BAWSTIN.

I'm guessing he's referring to the fact that I called RG3 corny.

He could be talking about the pseudo-rivalry between Panthers and Redskins fans but that's a local thing that's pretty much restrained to the Mid-Atlantic, so I doubt thats it.

Wait you're 20 but you're a Duke alumni?

If you want to get technical, I am an alumnus because Duke considers you an alum after your freshman year.

" The Alumni of Duke University shall be composed of persons who were enrolled for at least two semesters at the University in programs that lead toward degrees."

But naw, I graduate next year. Moving onto the real world.

Tamanon

Banned
If you want to get technical, I am an alumnus because Duke considers you an alum after your freshman year.

" The Alumni of Duke University shall be composed of persons who were enrolled for at least two semesters at the University in programs that lead toward degrees."

Wait, really? That's bizarre.

rando14

Ah I see, cool!! What's the plan for Mr. Cleveland after school!!

Top Bottom