• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

bionic77

I'm just going to assume you're pregnant, no reason for this insanity otherwise.

Having said that, congrats, you're almost there!
With Pat fans that is actually a reasonable assumption.

I am addicted to coffee. Don't really get caffeine anywhere else. Drink from a travel mug in the morning and usually buy something from DD or Starbucks in the afternoon. I think I might get another Nespresso for the office to save on going to a coffee place. I can't get enough of this shit. Not quite as good as a good coffee place (that is also true of Starbucks) but the convenience is off the charts and it is good enough (for me).

Dragon

Banned
I'm just going to assume you're pregnant, no reason for this insanity otherwise.

Having said that, congrats, you're almost there!

Originally it was quitting soda, I've never been a coffee drinker. I would get some bad caffeine headaches and frankly I feel more refreshed in the morning without even tea now.

I like coffee but I try to stay away it, plan old water and beer for me.

Yep exactly.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
With Pat fans that is actually a reasonable assumption.

I am addicted to coffee. Don't really get caffeine anywhere else. Drink from a travel mug in the morning and usually buy something from DD or Starbucks in the afternoon. I think I might get another Nespresso for the office to save on going to a coffee place. I can't get enough of this shit. Not quite as good as a good coffee place (that is also true of Starbucks) but the convenience is off the charts and it is good enough (for me).

"For the office" means your personal office right? The poors can drink it out of a coffee pot.

Added bonus: more money for your wife's purse collection.

Edit: Diet coke in the morning for me. That's enough caffeine to get me going and I don't even have to have it most days! (I think I'm a morning person).

Greg

I've quit soda and coffee as well.

Just cocaine and speed for me now.
you just take off your shirt and get a caffeine rush

If your new to DOTA genre play LoL since you don't have to last hit your own creeps. Makes the game much simpler for newbies.
I became really good at LoL, so I know what I'm supposed to be doing for the most part, but I haven't even played that in over a year, so it's a bit overwhelming

the store and carrier thing is a bit weird and is going to take a few games for me to get used to too

and all the items

and all the characters

I'm not ready for this

That's one more game than I've played. You're like a seasoned pro!
I'm the Blaine Gabbert of Dota 2

bionic77

"For the office" means your personal office right? The poors can drink it out of a coffee pot.

Added bonus: more money for your wife's purse collection.

Edit: Diet coke in the morning for me. That's enough caffeine to get me going and I don't even have to have it most days! (I think I'm a morning person).
I thought that was so obvious that I did not need to explain it.

But for the Gatas of the board yes it would be just for me with maybe limited use for friends and clients.

We have a Keurig at the office. I don't like it though. Shit compared to Nespresso IMHO.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I thought that was so obvious that I did not need to explain it.

But for the Gatas of the board yes it would be just for me with maybe limited use for friends and clients.

We have a Keurig at the office. I don't like it though. Shit compared to Nespresso IMHO.

Your staff has a Keurig? You're such a bleeding heart. (Unless you have a boss, then you should suggest cutting back expenses like on K-cups). Eznark would never give his people anything that nice.

bionic77

Your staff has a Keurig? You're such a bleeding heart. (Unless you have a boss, then you should suggest cutting back expenses like on K-cups). Eznark would never give his people anything that nice.
We have 3 of them. One on each floor.

Also I am not the boss. Just a lowly associate.

edit: And you have to pay for your own cups. The office abused the fuck out of it when the office paid for the cups so they stopped that after a few years.

I've quit soda and coffee as well.

Just cocaine and speed for me now.
Hey Dutch, guess what I did last night? Won the Division 1 title in Seasons, that's what! You need 23 points in 10 games. I was 2-1-1 and went on a 6 game win streak to finish with 25 points. One of the biggest gaming accomplishments I've ever had, I'd say. I was so freaking nervous going into that last game.

Also, over half the people I played in Division 1 use Real Madrid, haha. They are too good.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
We have 3 of them. One on each floor.

Also I am not the boss. Just a lowly associate.

edit: And you have to pay for your own cups. The office abused the fuck out of it when the office paid for the cups so they stopped that after a few years.

You're not the boss? That totally warps my entire perception of you.

I'm almost as disappointed as the chicks that Dutch goes out with.

Does that make eznark the baddest dude in the thread? He has employees right?

bionic77

Definitely not the boss. I have 3 employees that work just for me but my name is not on the letterhead.

Basically for me the firm does the advertising and they give me a certain amount of cases. I then work on those cases and make the firm money. Out of that money they pay me a percentage which becomes my salary. The rest goes to pay for the office, advertising and alimony for the partners. We have a few other associates with the same deal as me.

Its a good deal for me and the others. I have total autonomy for the most part and I don't have to worry about the headaches of marketing and running an office. I get to come in and leave whenever I want. As long as I don't so something crazy they never say anything to me other than occasionally asking what my quarterly or annual numbers are. Makes it tough for me to consider leaving and starting my own firm. Most law firms (actually most businesses) are a pain in the ass.

But speaking of bosses. I am thinking of starting a business on the side that my wife would help me run. See how much you fat fucks stuff your faces with fast food we were thinking of maybe buying one of the cheaper franchises. I used to think that that business model would die but now I realize that GAF and Americans in general just want to be fat fucks.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
But speaking of bosses. I am thinking of starting a business on the side that my wife would help me run. See how much you fat fucks stuff your faces with fast food we were thinking of maybe buying one of the cheaper franchises. I used to think that that business model would die but now I realize that GAF and Americans in general just want to be fat fucks.

Just snag a franchise near a Walmart, you should do fine!

14B2w9jl.jpg

Tom Penny

Buy a Dunkin Donuts or something. Profit margins are insane on coffee. Hire a bunch of Gata's and pay them nothing.

Haha I just use that camera for talking to peeps but I feel like people hear the game through it as well which makes it pretty bad.
Lol can't lie when we played destiny together your feedback was crazy, it was driving me insane hahah. But this explains it <3

dionysus

Yaldog

I work on projects in charge of scopes between 50-100 million dollars and am considered a subject matter expert in my company.

I have no reports and am actually a peon. The large money values are just a fact of life when you work in the offshore oil industry.

DMczaf

I was paid weekly back at Lucas, my current spot pays twice a month. Really hard to get used to that after 11+ years of weekly paychecks.

WEEKLY paychecks!? What is this witchcraft! I need this!

My struggle: being an electrical engineering graduate teaching assistant and getting a MONTHLY stipend. Some of those wait times would be a lifetime.

bionic77

Buy a Dunkin Donuts or something. Profit margins are insane on coffee. Hire a bunch of Gata's and pay them nothing.
I know someone who has one.

You make bank there but the franchise fees and costs are insane so most goes to Dunkin. You don't get take home as much as you would think. I think you have to own a handful of them to really make it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So i seen Bon Jovi had a 2 hour meeting with the other Satan known as Godell, Just how many people is he going to piggy back in a investment group if he is allowed to buy the Bills. Forbes only lists his net worth at 300 million. If he became majority owner of a investment group, would that make him the poorest owner?

Talk up here has been he'd own it with the financial backing of Tim Leiweke, Larry Tanenbaum and the financial force of MLSE.

Which to that I say fuck you Bon Jovi, Toronto doesn't want the asshole Bills.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I used to get paid monthly when I worked for the school district...shit was rough

Yeah monthly checks suuuuuuck. It's fun using credit cards to live on the last week of the month. I guess that's the case for a lot of people but you spread that week out over a few paychecks. I also don't have to worry about saving up for rent or car payments, that all gets paid when I do. It's fun watching your check drop from 3k to about 8 or 9 hundred bucks in a matter of minutes though once you pay all your bills.

I work on projects in charge of scopes between 50-100 million dollars and am considered a subject matter expert in my company.

I have no reports and am actually a peon. The large money values are just a fact of life when you work in the offshore oil industry.

Yeah I audit multi-million dollar trust funds and get to tell old, wealthy people that they done messed up.....yet I'm also a peon.

So you're basically contract labor...that's like working for yourself so my opinion of you has been restored somewhat. Now I'm picturing all three of your employees as being old hags with horrible attitudes that get stuff done while your peers all have young hotties out of college.

Did you look into buying a Chik-fil-a yet? From the volume they do, they probably print money.

My favorite thing about getting paychecks is watching it go to that bitch ex-wife of mine.

I don't actually have an ex-wife, I just thought that would be fun to say.

Top Bottom