• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Yeah monthly checks suuuuuuck. It's fun using credit cards to live on the last week of the month. I guess that's the case for a lot of people but you spread that week out over a few paychecks. I also don't have to worry about saving up for rent or car payments, that all gets paid when I do. It's fun watching your check drop from 3k to about 8 or 9 hundred bucks in a matter of minutes though once you pay all your bills.

Yeah I audit multi-million dollar trust funds and get to tell old, wealthy people that they done messed up.....yet I'm also a peon.

So you're basically contract labor...that's like working for yourself so my opinion of you has been restored somewhat. Now I'm picturing all three of your employees as being old hags with horrible attitudes that get stuff done while your peers all have young hotties out of college.

Did you look into buying a Chik-fil-a yet? From the volume they do, they probably print money.

Monthly checks showed me how to budget lol now I pay all my bills with my first check and my second check is all spending money.

When I worked for countrywide I would handle their multi-billion dollar lender accounts, I made them so much money...and they dropped me like I was nothing :(

Edit: Bionic move to So. Cal and we'll open a beer brewerie and coffee shop

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
My favorite thing about getting paychecks is watching it go to that bitch ex-wife of mine.

I don't actually have an ex-wife, I just thought that would be fun to say.

Bionic did say that the partners at his lawfirm don't get paid, that money just goes to alimony.

I'm pretty glad I didn't have to worry about alimony or child support or any of that crap with my divorce.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Manage your money better and it won't matter when payday is young man!

He's a grad student. There likely ain't enough money to manage, lol.

One of my old coworkers at ILM had two internships with us as a PhD student. He got a full-time role a few years ago, he just needed to wrap up his thesis. Fast forward to now, and he still hasn't found the time yet to finish that up, lol. But at least he's getting paid! SF rents are no joke.

bionic77

Yeah monthly checks suuuuuuck. It's fun using credit cards to live on the last week of the month. I guess that's the case for a lot of people but you spread that week out over a few paychecks. I also don't have to worry about saving up for rent or car payments, that all gets paid when I do. It's fun watching your check drop from 3k to about 8 or 9 hundred bucks in a matter of minutes though once you pay all your bills.

Yeah I audit multi-million dollar trust funds and get to tell old, wealthy people that they done messed up.....yet I'm also a peon.

So you're basically contract labor...that's like working for yourself so my opinion of you has been restored somewhat. Now I'm picturing all three of your employees as being old hags with horrible attitudes that get stuff done while your peers all have young hotties out of college.

Did you look into buying a Chik-fil-a yet? From the volume they do, they probably print money.
My secretary looks like a grandmother. She is not the best one I have had but she is nice and tries hard and it is impossible for me to get mad at her no matter what she screws up. Paralegal is not old but not hot. Usually the hotness for my employees are the file clerks who don't stay long. I honestly don't care if they are hot. As long as they get my work done.

Chick Fil As are probably the best franchises but I don't think I could afford one and they are nearly impossible to get. I bet they only take like super christians who hate gays anyways.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Chick Fil As are probably the best franchises but I don't think I could afford one and they are nearly impossible to get. I bet they only take like super christians who hate gays anyways.
By all accounts, they do screen applicants along such lines. You also need to be a regular church goer.

Bionic did say that the partners at his lawfirm don't get paid, that money just goes to alimony.

I'm pretty glad I didn't have to worry about alimony or child support or any of that crap with my divorce.
That's always been one of my biggest fears.

That and being forced to drink non-organic craft cider.

My secretary looks like a grandmother. She is not the best one I have had but she is nice and tries hard and it is impossible for me to get mad at her no matter what she screws up. Paralegal is not old but not hot. Usually the hotness for my employees are the file clerks who don't stay long. I honestly don't care if they are hot. As long as they get my work done.

I love chik fil a but hate that they say "my pleasure!" All the time

DMczaf

He's a grad student. There likely ain't enough money to manage, lol.

One of my old coworkers at ILM had two internships with us as a PhD student. He got a full-time role a few years ago, he just needed to wrap up his thesis. Fast forward to now, and he still hasn't found the time yet to finish that up, lol. But at least he's getting paid! SF rents are no joke.

God damn right. And I am in the same position as your old coworker lol. Beginning my Masters thesis this fall, finished course work. I have an internship right now, so I'm making ok money right now (better than grad stipends though!).

The struggle.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Buy one and put it here in Germany. I will single handedly keep it in business.

dionysus

Yaldog
By all accounts, they do screen applicants along such lines. You also need to be a regular church goer.

Do they accept Catholics? I got enough Catholic cred to easily get one. Though they are Evangelical and sometimes crazy Evangelicals think we are the whore of Babylon etc etc.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Something tells me I'm sure you could bluff your way through the screening process.

"Yeah down with gay marriage, heil Hitler and all that, can I have my franchise now?"

That's always been one of my biggest fears.

That and being forced to drink non-organic craft cider.

Protip: Marry someone with similar income and live in certain states like Texas where alimony is really hard to get awarded.

Do they accept Catholics? I got enough Catholic cred to easily get one. Though they are Evangelical and sometimes crazy Evangelicals think we are the whore of Babylon etc etc.

I would sincerely doubt they would depending on how strict you are and your perception of Mary and the Pope.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I dunno! Maybe they'll just roll their eyes and mutter, "at least you're not Muslim..."

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's going to be sad when we don't keep Jordy Nelson after this season. He's hitting that magical "30 years old" mark though and I'd rather keep Randall Cobb.

rando14

better send him off with another ring!

BqlKR1bCcAApBi7.jpg

Pretty nice!!

And a creepy smile,

FMT never work food service please...

i've worked a lot of jobs in my life but food service is one i could never do. i worked at a coffee shop for about 2 weeks and said fuck this. i have a lot of respect for food service workers. i have no idea how they put up with all the bullshit!

bionic77

Something tells me I'm sure you could bluff your way through the screening process.

"Yeah down with gay marriage, heil Hitler and all that, can I have my franchise now?"

Protip: Marry someone with similar income and live in certain states like Texas where alimony is really hard to get awarded.

I would sincerely doubt they would depending on how strict you are and your perception of Mary and the Pope.
Could I? Of course! Would I? Definitely not. I still have principles. What do you think I am? Some kind of Pats fan?

Dragon

Banned
I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do.

Lease is up at the end of August, but I need to give 60 days notice, otherwise I pay two months out of pocket.

I own a condo in Charlotte that is costing me a fortune and I don't have it rented (and live in another part of town because it did have tenants when I moved back down), so I'd like to sell it, but it's been on the market for six months with not even the hint of an offer.

I live 30 mins from my job by car and I'd rather live walking distance since I'm a single dude.

I figure, sell the condo, and move closer to work, but hmm.

Bowser

WEEKLY paychecks!? What is this witchcraft! I need this!

My struggle: being an electrical engineering graduate teaching assistant and getting a MONTHLY stipend. Some of those wait times would be a lifetime.

Monthly sucks. I get paid every 2 weeks, it's the tits.

eznark

Banned
BqiAbh9IYAEZtPB.jpg:large

BqlFSPAIQAAEGHn.jpg

BqlOzwoIgAA5o7c.jpg

BqlXs5VIcAEgSvN.jpg

BqlYSSPIIAACdX5.jpg:large

Still need to put some rubber mulch in about a foot wide ring around the outside. Also need to strap down the pad but we have some gravel coming for inside the trampoline so I am actually going to have to take all those springs out later and I didn't want to strap the pad down.

We're going to scalp a fairly large area in our backyard to mulch around the playground and then put in a nice fire pit, which is why I had my brother in law spread that dirt around so wide.

MechDX

Still need to put some rubber mulch in about a foot wide ring around the outside. Also need to strap down the pad but we have some gravel coming for inside the trampoline so I am actually going to have to take all those springs out later and I didn't want to strap the pad down.

We're going to scalp a fairly large area in our backyard to mulch around the playground and then put in a nice fire pit, which is why I had my brother in law spread that dirt around so wide.[/QUOTE]

Swap the gravel and rubber mulch locations and watch the comedy ensue.

Hey Dutch, guess what I did last night? Won the Division 1 title in Seasons, that's what! You need 23 points in 10 games. I was 2-1-1 and went on a 6 game win streak to finish with 25 points. One of the biggest gaming accomplishments I've ever had, I'd say. I was so freaking nervous going into that last game.

Also, over half the people I played in Division 1 use Real Madrid, haha. They are too good.

Damn good job man! That's really impressive.

Top Bottom