• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Bread

Banned
RE4 was awesome until i got in the castle, that shit was lame.

if it was all village type fights it would have been dope

jbug617

Banned
I guess this is why teams have water boys:

6AM39pw.gif

Ronaldo look was great

Greg

I...I don't know what to think of you anymore.

I agree that RE4 is not the same kind of game that the previous 3 are but that doesn't mean it isn't one of the best standalone games ever made.
yeah, they changed the formula up too much for me

and I feel like 90% of what hyped that game up so much at the time was how it looked
Greg has turned heel!!

That makes me the new most lovable NFL gaf member!! :cool:
h5fpjWk.png

Onimusha 1 and 2 are awesome.
my man!

squicken

snes' game is awesome. Loved the intro and Jon Gruden

Greg's RE4 opinion is scandalous. Mentioning that he played it on the PS2 cost him a lot of cred. Not sure if even Munn will stay around, pretending to be his girl

Greg

snes' game is awesome. Loved the intro and Jon Gruden

Greg's RE4 opinion is scandalous. Mentioning that he played it on the PS2 cost him a lot of cred. Not sure if even Munn will stay around, pretending to be his girl
what's wrong with playing it on PS2?

Gamecube didn't have SOCOM II, so it doesn't count

Bread

Banned
nah re4 is absolutely the most overrated game of all time, gregs right.

it's a good game with a cool atmosphere, but not mind blowingly good like you guys are saying.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yeah I'm actually done with Madden if the NCAA series is really done. I need the full dynasty to franchise experience

The series barely sold enough on its own to justify the costs and with the lawsuits now and possibly in the future, EA would never touch that shit again

And maybe Bread never beat RE4 cause its a bad game and he logically quit at some point before it ended.

Spinluck

the series died after RE3

Greg my man don't do this.

RE4 is one of the GOATs.

nah re4 is absolutely the most overrated game of all time, gregs right.

it's a good game with a cool atmosphere, but not mind blowingly good like you guys are saying.

Basically every third person shooter today owes a little bit to RE4. Before that, they were pretty much all shitty.

I actually stopped playing it in the gc cause my memory card broke and never finished it until the superior Wii version came out. Those controls were pure sex

ShaneB

Yeah I'm actually done with Madden if the NCAA series is really done. I need the full dynasty to franchise experience

Just had a heartbreaking game in my league that again makes me wonder why the hell am I playing something that pisses me off so much. Things should be fun.

edit: I'll stand by Greg. I loved RE4, but Old RE pre 4>>>>>>>>>>> New RE.

The series barely sold enough on its own to justify the costs and with the lawsuits now and possibly in the future, EA would never touch that shit again

And maybe Bread never beat RE4 cause its a bad game and he logically quit at some point before it ended.
Well plain and simple I'm done with Madden. You telling me this doesn't change my mind in the slightest.

Wait wait wait wait wait...

There's a kickass DQ7 remake out on 3DS... but not the US because no one localized it?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I've played through RE4 about ten times now on five occasions, doing a clean start and then a New Game+. Game hasn't aged that much in almost ten years, and the castle still stands as one of the all time greats in game design. Does dip a little bit in quality once you get to the island, but I'd be hard-pressed to say that RE4 isn't one of the GOATs. If not number one, definitely in the top five.
Super Mario World be numero uno.

Lovely prologue to Legend of NFL-GAF, SNES. I forgot all about that game!

Konka

Banned
For me, I think RE4 was the beginning of the end as far as my enjoyment of games. That was the pinnacle for so long, even Mikami couldn't get it right again.

Dead Space. The survival horror game that wasn't the least bit fucking scary.

It's still the pinnacle as far as I'm concerned. I don't think there is any other game I've played through as many times.

Sanjuro

I'm at an outdoor bar, paying $6 for Narragansett, with cougars, avoiding dudebros, at a seaport bar in Newport.

I feel like Gatsby's younger brother.

MechDX

For me, I think RE4 was the beginning of the end as far as my enjoyment of games. That was the pinnacle for so long, even Mikami couldn't get it right again.

Dead Space. The survival horror game that wasn't the least bit fucking scary.

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

After RE1 the entire series had no damn scares. Dead Space get me on the edge of my seat and the ending made me jump

Top Bottom