• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

minx

I love how the Bears fans trickle in, post once and accuse the wrong poster for making the thread, then disappear.

I love how all the Packers fans have no life and all the time in the world to post as much as gata. Jk but seriously.

Anyways I have viewed every post since the season ended, however I do so with my down time at work. I have seen plenty of Bears fans in here in the off-season. Besides the majority of the talk in here at this point of the year is either bashing gata, talking about food, coldfuck posting anime, or banned users alts pretending they are who everyone knows they are.

rando14

I love how all the Packers fans have no life and all the time in the world to post as much as gata. Jk but seriously.

Anyways I have viewed every post since the season ended, however I do so with my down time at work. I have seen plenty of Bears fans in here in the off-season. Besides the majority of the talk in here at this point of the year is either bashing gata, talking about food, coldfuck posting anime, or banned users alts pretending they are who everyone knows they are.

Why are you so mad man, we're all Tebow-fearing Americans in here!!

Greg

I still love you

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Bears fans should post more so we can have someone else to hate besides Pats fans.

Vikings fans are too drunk to notice and the Lions are already a punchline.

Besides, it's not like ez is here so you won't be at a complete disadvantage to our trolling.

cajunator

Banned
:jnc

I don't quite understand why people want to buy Ferraris and Lambos anyway. They're pretty cars but they're not exactly the best for performance...kind of like the Lexus LFA or whatever.

I'd say it's not quite *that* bad in Houston anyway simply because people love them some 911 turbos here. There are a lot of somewhat older Astons running around though. I'm shocked I don't see more GTRs...is it the fact that it's a "Nissan" and that I live in Texas where something like a Corvette, Shelby Mustang, or Camaro SS is what people value the most?

Nissan GTR is actually a rather boring car. It has too many electronic nannies and such that overrides the true nature of the chassis according to people who drive it. It is very fast though.

If I were in the position to buy a car in those price ranges Id go for a Lotus, Rossion/Noble, Atom R, that sorta thing.

rando14

How come nobody ever talks about the Spurs players? Surely they have to be stars too or at least very good and worthy of mention.

Spurs dudes aren't really flashy except for maaaaybe Tony Parker. Their thing is to play high quality, efficient pass-heavy basketball. Doesn't leave much for big highlights.

That's not to say they don't have excellent players cause they do: TP, future HOF Tim Duncan, Kawhi Leonard, etc

cajunator

Banned
Efficient scoring is boring as hell. Rather watch Pacers fuckball.

Spurs dudes aren't really flashy except for maaaaybe Tony Parker. Their thing is to play high quality, efficient pass-heavy basketball. Doesn't leave much for big highlights.

That's not to say they don't have excellent players cause they do: TP, future HOF Tim Duncan, Kawhi Leonard, etc

Because nobody watches the NBA for good basketball.

So basically football >>>>>>>basketball.

rando14

Professionally for sure.

If the NBA were to drop the number of franchises to 24 or so, shorten the regular season, and only let the best 8 teams into the playoffs... they'd be in a lot better place.

I liked the shortened season a couple years ago, how many games was that, 66 or something? Games mattered more

Also agreed on the pitiful talent pool and playoff suggestions!!

Tom Penny

Professionally for sure.

If the NBA were to drop the number of franchises to 24 or so, shorten the regular season, and only let the best 8 teams into the playoffs... they'd be in a lot better place.

If only the top 16 were in it would improve the NBA. Shitty Eastern shitball teams get penalized for sucking and making the playoffs.

cajunator

Banned
Professionally for sure.

I dont like how each team plays the others over and over again even in the playoffs. The NFL playoff system is so do or die. You cant fuck up once or its over. The regular season even has a sense of urgency halfway through as some teams are already trying to stay alive. Everything has a gravitas. Everything is an event.

Hmmm I dont know if I'd call them objectively better than the Heat, but they definitely have the best coach in the league and that certainly helps
Heat are the closest I'd say but the Spurs seem to have their talent more evenly distributed among the starters. I can see your point, though.

Still not more talented then the Heat. OKC has more talented starters then the Spurs but no bench.
OKC has Perkins starting. Enough said.

rando14

I dont like how each team plays the others over and over again even in the playoffs. The NFL playoff system is so do or die. You cant fuck up once or its over. The regular season even has a sense of urgency halfway through as some teams are already trying to stay alive. Everything has a gravitas. Everything is an event.

That's part of what makes football the best sport in the world!! High intensity entertainment on virtually every play (at least when watching playoff calibur teams)

It's a different mindset when it comes to watching slow(er) sports like basketball or baseball. It's understandable if you can't enjoy them, but if you can, hey you can watch sports all year long!! :p

If only the top 16 were in it would improve the NBA. Shitty Eastern shitball teams get penalized for sucking and making the playoffs.
The Suns had no better shot to win the championship than the Hawks did. Who gives a crap who the 1st round blood donor is?

Also, not sure why people keep proposing weird crap that no other sports leagues have to do (read Bill Simmons bitching about the Cavs winning the lottery again and watching to change the rules) to fix perceived problems with the NBA. Who cares about the symptoms, address the disease.

There's too much to watch right now. WWE Raw, Dodgers game, NBA playoffs, NHL playoffs. So much to focus on.
1) boring
2) boring
3) scripted
4) Blackhawks are toast just start the Finals already

Tom Penny

The Suns had no better shot to win the championship than the Hawks did. Who gives a crap who the 1st round blood donor is?

Suns very well would be in the eastern conference finals. I know every single team in the West 1-8 would be playing Miami right now. No easy outs is what changes.

Suns very well would be in the eastern conference finals. I know every single team in the West 1-8 would be playing Miami right now. No easy outs is what changes.
Taking the best 16 implies no conference alignments at all. Would be an improvement, but only because the league association is so fucked from a competitive balance perspective already.

"No easy outs", though? There would still be 6 godawful East teams in the playoffs.

Bread

Banned
Spurs are a basketball geek's dream, their passing IQ is ridiculous. I love watching them play and it's going to be a sad day when Pop and the guys retire.

bionic77

Spurs are a basketball geek's dream, their passing IQ is ridiculous. I love watching them play and it's going to be a sad day when Pop and the guys retire.
The drop off in coaching after Pop and Phil in the NBA is immeasurable.

It's like trying to quantify how much Florida sucks or how evil the Pats are,

Top Bottom