• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

JABEE

iymuQFi.gif

Diners for days!

cdyhybrid

Do you root for teams because theyre winners or because they represent your area?

I would root for the Mariners if I cared about baseball.

There's also the issue of them trying to block the new Sonics arena from getting built. They're so terribly run that they'd rather spend money and time blocking a pro team from coming back to the city instead of on actually putting together a competent team/organization.

cashman

Banned
I would root for the Mariners if I cared about baseball.

There's also the issue of them trying to block the new Sonics arena from getting built. They're so terribly run that they'd rather spend money and time blocking a pro team from coming back to the city instead of on actually putting together a competent team/organization.

I could have sworn you posted in the MLB thread in support of the Mariners

Wrayfield

I know almost nothing about baseball but I kinda like it. Don't get to watch many games, but I play in a little in a park and it's fun. Also got into the Show a bit.

bionic77

Just imagine the hateful things you'll say about football after Steelers have 20 straight losing seasons.
When I was a kid the Steelers were not good in a inferior AFC Conference. I still watched them almost every week and as much football as possible.

I found other things to entertain myself during losing seasons. Like Joe Montana's mastery over the position, beer commercials and watching the Browns and Bungles choke in the playoffs.

Even when we got good in the Cowher era we always choked until Ben got there.

There is always going to be more misery than pleasure in any sport. Even the Yankees only win like 1/4 World Series.

cajunator

Banned
Cajun. How long are your shifts and how much sleep do you get every morning?

12 hour shifts. I come in 15 minutes early and sometimes leave 30 minutes late. Im usually not in a hurry to leave right at 12 hours.
I typically sleep from ~8 am to 2 PM. Sometimes I sleep at 10 AM and wake up closer to 3 or 4.

bionic77

Cajun. How long are your shifts and how much sleep do you get every morning?
Cajun is the perfect employee.

He doesn't have a relationship or kids (and isn't looking for either). Is willing to work long hours and weekends. And he isn't Gata.

Compare that to the rest of you who are lusting after every moderately attractive woman you see on tv and can barely motivate yourself to work on the weekdays. All of you slackers would ditch work for any willing female, a big videogame release or free alcohol.

His employers are lucky to have him.

cajunator

Banned
Cajun is the perfect employee.

He doesn't have a relationship or kids (and isn't looking for either). Is willing to work long hours and weekends. And he isn't Gata.

Compare that to the rest of you who are lusting after every moderately attractive woman you see on tv and can barely motivate yourself to work on the weekdays. All of you slackers would ditch work for any willing female, a big videogame release or free alcohol.

His employers are lucky to have him.

I actually enjoy the work. Well most days. There are bad days. But even though its more just like "man fuck today sucked" instead of "I hate my job". I consider myself very fortunate.

MRSA

Banned
12 hour shifts. I come in 15 minutes early and sometimes leave 30 minutes late. Im usually not in a hurry to leave right at 12 hours.
I typically sleep from ~8 am to 2 PM. Sometimes I sleep at 10 AM and wake up closer to 3 or 4.

I get the fuck out as soon as I give my change of shift report. I get home around 8 and drink some bourbon while I watch CNBC or Sports Center. In bed by 10am and up around 1730-1800 for work at 1900.

What do you use? Black out shades? Ear plugs?

cajunator

Banned
I get the fuck out as soon as I give my change of shift report. I get home around 8 and drink some bourbon while I watch CNBC or Sports Center. In bed by 10am and up around 1730-1800 for work at 1900.

What do you use? Black out shades? Ear plugs?

I just go lay down on my futon and Im usually out pretty quickly. I just tune out everything. Ive slept through doors slamming, yelling, parties, loud TV, my lights in my room on, cars outside, yardwork noises, thunderstorms...I guess you just adapt to daytime noises. I dont require any special aides to sleep or fall asleep though occasionally I get so tired I have night terrors but thats not every time. Most days I just fall asleep uneventfully and wake right up and jump out of bed and go to work fairly looking forward to the challenge.

MRSA

Banned
I just go lay down on my futon and Im usually out pretty quickly. I just tune out everything. Ive slept through doors slamming, yelling, parties, loud TV, my lights in my room on, cars outside, yardwork noises, thunderstorms...I guess you just adapt to daytime noises. I dont require any special aides to sleep or fall asleep though occasionally I get so tired I have night terrors but thats not every time. Most days I just fall asleep uneventfully and wake right up and jump out of bed and go to work fairly looking forward to the challenge.

How many weekends do you work in a month or are required by your employer?

I have a Skype interview today at 1400. I never done one of these, I assume they're more awkward than telephone interviews.

Top Bottom