• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Konka

Banned
Thanks all.

I had this delicious gyro for dinner.

LN0Mn8n.jpg

If you haven't had a gyro for a while you should make a point to get one because they are awesome.

can someone put the US tie (loss!) into football context for me? i don't watch soccer much and know next to nothing about it but i have to imagine that it is rare that a team ties/wins the game in "extra" time. i'm guessing it is the equivalent of losing on a 50 yard hail mary or some type of lateral miracle play in football?

cajunator

Banned
As someone who takes pride in California high school football, even I can't deny Texas High School Football is a huge deal to all high school football fans and more importantly college recruiters. It is where the most recruits come from IIRC. You can see it through the stadiums they build.

Fixed for you ez.

It's ok smug Packers fan, you had a nice run. It's inevitable that our time will come. If the Joe Lombardi coached Saints can win a Superbowl so can the Lions.

Restore the Roar 2014.

I do admire your enthusiasm for the Lions. I can respect that. Fan is short for fanatic after all.
Also youre right that the Saints were turned around into a perennially great franchise in a few years. Its not impossible. Stafford has some of the kjnds of tools to make it happen but Im not sure yall defense can keep up. Thats the main issue, not the offense.

Fox318

can someone put the US tie (loss!) into football context for me? i don't watch soccer much and know next to nothing about it but i have to imagine that it is rare that a team ties/wins the game in "extra" time. i'm guessing it is the equivalent of losing on a 50 yard hail mary or some type of lateral miracle play in football?

The United States advances so long as one of three things happen: 1) It beats Germany; 2) It ties Germany; 3) Ghana and Portugal tie in their match.

If either Portugal or Ghana win and the US loses those teams will have needed to score more total goals than the US which is currently at +1. Ghana is at -1 and Por is -4.

US should advance as long as Por wins.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
First I want to apologize to yankeehater. What I said was beyond deplorable and there is no excuse for it. I knew the second that I hit submit that it was beyond acceptable. We've had our disagreements in the past but that does not excuse it. I was in a bad place in my mind and looking to vent everything wherever the opportunity came up in the worst way possible.

I'm going through some stressful real world stuff right now that lead to my outburst and despite that it bothers me to no end what I said. I am working to get everything in line to hopefully avoid anything like that in the future.

Yankee, again, I am extremely sorry. I was in a bad place and for whatever reason decided it would help me to say the most terrible things I could.

To everyone else, sorry for bringing down the level of discourse we have in this thread.

NFL GAF is best Sports GAF just because of things like this.

You even brought offering of pictures of delicious gyros.

You guys are great. Except Gata. Screw that guykid.

Konka

Banned

We won in stoppage time last world cup with the Landon Donovan goal, it's not that uncommon and has happened a few times this world cup already.

We need to tie or beat Germany to move on and because Germany only needs to tie us to move on as well there is a high probability that both teams will play very conservatively because wining doesn't benefit at all over just a 0-0 result.

Mindlog

I missed what Konka originally said

Was I drunk? I was probably drunk.
Most involved parties were. Well one in particular. Props for owning up to it and trying to move on. Hopefully.

That's NFL GAF class.

Unlike Soccer GAF.
It's the equivalent of a Cowboys' collapse in December where if they still win their last game they're in.

It's okay, konka. We all say dumb stuff sometimes, like that time I was excited about Jonathan Martin starting at LT last offseason. Glad to have you back and I hope things get better for you.

I've been playing Far Cry 3 since the US game ended. I needed to kill some dudes.

It's okay, konka. We all say dumb stuff sometimes, like that time I was excited about Jonathan Martin starting at LT last offseason. Glad to have you back and I hope things get better for you.

I've been playing Far Cry 3 since the US game ended. I needed to kill some dudes.

Smh...

Anyways welcome back konka, hope things get better for you and way to own up, everyone fucks up every now and then, also that gyro looks so good

Top Bottom