• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

WAuQ8Wu.jpg

What store is this?

Does mexico play today? I've seen a ton of mexican flags on cars, more than usual at least.

Yes.

Dragon

Banned
Anyone play the South Park RPG? I'm looking for a new RPG on PS3 or 4, but I didn't hear much about it.

I know you said PS3 or 4, but it is on sale on the Summer sale on Steam right now for 33% off if you have a gaming PC. I haven't played it though so I can't help you there.

Anyone play the South Park RPG? I'm looking for a new RPG on PS3 or 4, but I didn't hear much about it.

It goes from don't touch it to amazing depending on whether you like South Park or not. This game is the definition of a labor of love (by Trey and Matt), the game is completely stuffed to the brim with details and easter eggs from the show. The art style and movement mimic the show perfectly to the point that someone could be fooled into thinking you were watching the show rather than playing the game. Basically, it's so steeped in South Park lore that it's impossible to dislike if you enjoy the show and if you're a big fan, you'll find it amazing. For that same reason, if you dislike the show, you'd hate this and shouldn't touch it. The battle system is simple RPG fare but it's solid and it's the characters of South Park and the ridiculous antics that drive you forward. You'll feel more compelled to do side quests too just to encounter characters you haven't seen yet from the show. Definitely a humorous game that should keep a smile on your face while playing if you're a fan.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's amazing that South Park is still funny.

Meanwhile, Family Guy turned into hot garbage around season 6 or 7 even though the best of Family Guy is better than the best of South Park.

Also, I'm not sure if the Simpsons is still on the air or not. I think I caught 5 minutes of a new episode once several years ago. It was awful.

Point being that I should probably get South Park RPG someday.

On a completely different note, Batman Arkham Origins is a really good game. Not as good as Asylum or City but it's as good as most of the Assassin's Creed games (exception being Black Flag, which is amazeballs). It's also the closest thing I got to a Metroid in the past several years because Nintendo hates my love for Prime.

On a completely different note, Batman Arkham Origins is a really good game. Not as good as Asylum or City but it's as good as most of the Assassin's Creed games (exception being Black Flag, which is amazeballs). It's also the closest thing I got to a Metroid in the past several years because Nintendo hates my love for Prime.
It has a better story than both the previous two Arkham games, IMO. Gameplay wise it takes some steps back and the open world isn't nearly as interesting as Arkham City both due to familiarity and a precipitous drop in side mission quality.

It's still very much worth playing if you're into the series but it definitely felt like Arkham City 1.5 instead of the jump we got from the first game to the second. Hoping we get another jump with Knight.

Robben seems awesome

should I like him as much as I do, or is he an asshole or something?

Nah, feel free to like him. I like the fact that everybody knows that whenever he gets the ball he's going to try and cut inside onto his left foot and shoot yet people still can't stop it. It's like a receiver running a hitch and go 9 times out of 10 yet the cornerback still bites every time, it just amuses me greatly.

Just be aware that most fans despise him because sports fans are miserable bastards unable to take joy from anything in life.

Greg

Nah, feel free to like him. I like the fact that everybody knows that whenever he gets the ball he's going to try and cut inside onto his left foot and shoot yet people still can't stop it. It's like a receiver running a hitch and go 9 times out of 10 yet the cornerback still bites every time, it just amuses me greatly.

Just be aware that most fans despise him because sports fans are miserable bastards unable to take joy from anything in life.
Depends, Greg. How much do you love the game within the game of diving?
from my limited viewing, it seems like he's always busting his ass

and he looks old, so it's awesome to see him move like he does

LERRA F

FROM MY HOMETOWN
DUUUUUUUUTCH!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It has a better story than both the previous two Arkham games, IMO. Gameplay wise it takes some steps back and the open world isn't nearly as interesting as Arkham City both due to familiarity and a precipitous drop in side mission quality.

It's still very much worth playing if you're into the series but it definitely felt like Arkham City 1.5 instead of the jump we got from the first game to the second. Hoping we get another jump with Knight.

Yeah it feels like an expansion pack and a step backwards for sure. However, the review scores are pretty harsh I think and that's really what confused me. It's sitting lower than COD: Ghosts on average which is crazy. It feels more like a mid 80s review score game but maybe I'm just a huge fan of 3D Metroid type games.

Asylum and City were probably in my top 10 favorite games last gen so I'm hoping that Arkham Knight brings the awesome back.

Spinluck

I get out of work in 2hrs, so bored.

So did that USA vs Portugal game actually happen? Is Bradley still garbage? Do we need to form a pact with Germany or defeat them the good ole American way? And are we rooting for Portugal their next game?

Greg

Today you're all honorary Mexicans for the world cup game. ¡Viva Mexico!
it's dollar Mexican beers today at the bar across the street, but I can't make it!

Free Tacos* for everyone!

*At Participating retailers, text my number for more info
No, you can't have my number
chris, you can call me instead
(USA)-USA-USA!

I get out of work in 2hrs, so bored.

So did that USA vs Portugal game actually happen? Is Bradley still garbage? Do we need to form a pact with Germany or defeat them the good ole American way? And are we rooting for Portugal their next game?
we're going to form a pact for a draw, but then in the 94th minute score because USA USA USA

Now a week of waiting and nervousness.

Who would have guessed that we would advance, let alone win every single fucking game in the group.

Amazing stuff, already dreading Sunday.

it's dollar Mexican beers today at the bar across the street, but I can't make it!

chris, you can call me instead
(USA)-USA-USA!

we're going to form a pact for a draw, but then in the 94th minute score because USA USA USA

Will I get free wings to go with my tacos?

Sanjuro

More questions for the Nintendo people.

So, there are already games on the console. Is there a way to keep them there and add my Nintendo ID and whatnot?

Looks like there is Wind Waker HD and Mega Mang X2.

Top Bottom