• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

MRSA

Banned
Yeah, because fucking Philadelphia and the stripmined coal country laden with misery and moonshine is known for its snow and forests.

Meanwhile, Cali has the redwoods, more forests than the size of your entire state and real life Mexican food. You got jack shit but a broke ass bell.

See, the Wire wasn't something to be proud of. It's a show that exists to show how shit Baltimore is. You're not supposed to feel a swelling of pride of having your city be the proof source for everything that sucks in life.

...still the best show on the planet.

Worst part of California really

Mexican food is like Pats fans, the worst.

BradyCowboyHat.jpg

I don't think Darkest Red will let me in his house when I show up at his door like that :jnc

Dude, you are more than welcome any time. I'll even buy you multiple pulled pork dinners. You might want to avoid the cowboy stuff though, I don't live that far south/southwest, haha.

"One day I will take you up in that offer" - He said a million times but never really did anything to actually make it happen

Never been to Tennessee, my sister loved it there.

Spinluck

The east coast has Florida...so yeah West>East.

Florida has the number tourist attraction in the world.

We are the fat chick that people use for sex when they feel like it, and then bail when they are done and avoid any commitment. Say what you want about the news stories, but it is a cycle that works and the rest of the world seems to agree!

One thing it does have thats mildly interesting is all those custom car/bike shops. Would love to visit those and check out some hot rods.

lol I have become jaded by all the exotic cars around here, they have car shows outside Big Boys burgers every weekend lol

Ironically enough this kind of attitude is what keeps me from ever wanting to visit California. You guys can have your perfect state.

You can come visit me darkest, I'll show you all the good stuff around here and 100% attitude free!

I don't see myself settling down anytime soon. I wanna try someplace new after living around here for a bit. Maybe something further South?

Idk, I'm willing to live any place for a time.

Another reason California sucks is your lack of Blue Crab. You have none! Dungeoness is shit compaired to delicate, almost sweet blue crab meat.

No excuses here. Get your brackish game up.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Ironically enough this kind of attitude is what keeps me from ever wanting to visit California. You guys can have your perfect state.

Texas has a very similar attitude but replace "flyover state" with "irrelevant places north of the Red River".

You hear serious discussions of splitting California up while talk of Texas being divided would end up with you in a state court for treason. There is seriously more state pride here than most states have national pride. It's the craziest thing ever.

That's Texas A&M for you.

In Mech's defense, I'm not kidding when I say that people here really don't care about what happens outside of the state so his lack of geographical knowledge isn't shocking.

Florida has the number tourist attraction in the world.

We are the fat chick that people use for sex when they feel like it, and then bail when they are done and avoid any commitment. Say what you want about the news stories, but it is a cycle that works and the rest of the world seems to agree!

Key West is the shit. Miami has it's moments and Orlando has some fuck theme parcs.

That's Texas A&M for you.

:jnc

Ivory coast, no :(

jakncoke

Banned
I don't see myself settling down anytime soon. I wanna try someplace new after living around here for a bit. Maybe something further South?

Idk, I'm willing to live any place for a time.

Yeah im ready to move to some center where there is jobs, really like this area, hate the people(i'll hate the people wherever I live tbh im just that way) but the its just a economic deadzone here

cajunator

Banned

Kinda have to agree there. Ive never claimed Louisiana was factually the best state because Im not an idiot, but to me it is the greatest and Id never live anywhere else. I could visit a million wonderful places but my heart would always lead me right back here. I just couldnt leave, not for love or money.

MRSA

Banned
Another reason California sucks is your lack of Blue Crab. You have none! Dungeoness is shit compaired to delicate, almost sweet blue crab meat.

No excuses here. Get your brackish game up.

I was gonna invite you to The French Laundry, now you can go dwell in your bag of dicks.

Yeah im ready to move to some center where there is jobs, really like this area, hate the people(i'll hate the people wherever I live tbh im just that way) but the its just a economic deadzone here

Only reason I left my area of California. Job market sucked for me, now I'm employed making money and I live next to a delicious bbq place. So, I'm alright with where I'm at. It's not permanent.

cajunator

Banned
Tennessee is pretty crap outside of Nashville which is great. Memphis is cool if you like bbq and getting robbed!!

I was reading an article about why places like Memphis are so dangerous in widespread areas, and its because of gentrification basically relocating crime from the inner city out into the suburbs. Instead of localized areas being dangerous you have large swaths of a city with random gang violence.

lol I have become jaded by all the exotic cars around here, they have car shows outside Big Boys burgers every weekend lol

You can come visit me darkest, I'll show you all the good stuff around here and 100% attitude free!

exotic cars are fun to look at. There is a surprisingly high number of them here so Im pretty content there.

jakncoke

Banned
not enough talk about the great state of Ohio

mentor area isnt *too* terrible, close to cleveland to do things and not overtly big and then coming back back without venturing into east cleveland. everything east and south to the pa border is a bit like one giant area of flat west virginia to me

cdyhybrid

I don't understand the point of living in a third world country that's that far away when the Caribbean is a lot closer.

Third world country? Nah.

It's got the god-awful traffic and invasive species and ridiculous pollution that any proper Western city has.

rando14

:jnc Habanero-lime wine? Lmao Mad dawg has no self-respect

I was reading an article about why places like Memphis are so dangerous in widespread areas, and its because of gentrification basically relocating crime from the inner city out into the suburbs. Instead of localized areas being dangerous you have large swaths of a city with random gang violence.

Yeah Memphis is absurdly dangerous, tons of restaurants that have chain fences in their doors and windows, you gotta get buzzed in by the restaurant staff to even enter!!

I got enough family in California where I never really am not there. I've been back twice this year already. I coulda gone a third time this coming month, but wanted to save a bit of cash.

Also Greg has an opportunity to showcase the greatness of Ohio when all of NFL-GAF meet up at his
Hooker-free
Party!

cajunator

Banned
If I were to visit California Id visit the northern part wine country. I heard its beautiful there. Would also tour the redwoods and maybe some old gold mines.mining towns for some history.

Spinluck

Key West is the shit. Miami has it's moments and Orlando has some fuck theme parcs.

You came here and didn't visit me or your fellow Pats Jags bro gata?

Funnily enough, I found out there are a shit ton of Euros here, not only at some of the colleges though. I went to Downtown Miami recently during a soccer game, and was surprised to see straight up German's (that did not know that much English) getting drunk as fuck watching the games. It was a German Brewhouse but I wasn't expecting it.

In my experience people from California are overcompensating for being nowhere nearly as awesome as Hawaii

Sometimes people people from CA remind me of the people who bought PS3 at launch and defended it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Let's talk about the great state of Wisconsin:

• Amazing cheese
  • Incredible sausage
  • The best football team to ever play the game
  • Beautiful summers
  • Lake Michigan
  • Milwaukee is a big city with a small town feel
  • Beer
  • The closest thing you can get to Germany outside of Germany
  • Every wedding hires the worst polka band in existence and it's amazing
  • Milwaukee is conveniently segregated by ethnicity so you know which part of town you will fit in best with

Spinluck

• Amazing cheese
  • Incredible sausage
  • Beautiful summers
  • Lake Michigan
  • Beer
  • Milwaukee is conveniently segregated by ethnicity so you know which part of town you will fit in best with

I will visit if you cover all my expenses.

Konka

Banned

• Amazing cheese
  • Incredible sausage
  • Beautiful summers
  • Lake Michigan
  • Beer

And the women! ...the women.

Top Bottom