• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

cajunator

Banned
the 1976 Bucs of gaming. No amount of practice going to make him stop being a Ryan Leaf of gaming

He's a little bit better than me at this point, but Ive only played for a day of course.

In all seriousness you are remarkably good with that stupid wheel. I got one for free with the game and haven't even taken it out of the box. You need one of these bad boys:

Wii-U-Pro-Controller.png

Cant seem to find these damned things.

Greg

Resigned from what might be the best job I will ever have.

Transitioning from a tech level job to a manager role. Had already been sitting on MBA for two years without moving up. Felt any more time and the degree and the time/money I spent on it would have been wasted.

Still I have the best current set up and am leaving it in hopes of a better overall career. Super nervous, doubting myself, but I guess to support the growing family it was the right move.

Growing up sucks.
best of luck moving forward!

Bread

Banned
Heh thanks. Yea I can't really complain, I'm probably just as good with the wheel. Except for when I drift the wrong way around corners which seems to happen every other game. I did that on the last lap in 2nd place and ended up in 7th ;_;

MechDX

Ive used many different drivers, different karts/wheels/etc....

I just cant find any that seem to go fast enough. Why is there no damn description of what each part/chassis does in the game? Stupid

Bread

Banned

I just cant find any that seem to go fast enough. Why is there no damn description of what each part/chassis does in the game? Stupid
Lol press plus in the cart menu my friend

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wienke will pay for his many transgressions

I have to admit, like with Mech, sometimes it's more fun to make you miserable than winning the race.

You're looking at the stats right?

Playing MK online I have found that the best players generally use the heaviest characters with karts geared purely for speed. If you get someone who knows what they're doing with that kind of setup it can be just about impossible to catch them once they get in 1st. I usually roll with Shy Guy but he is light so his top speed isn't great, plus I prefer bikes which also keeps my top speed down some. It's not ideal but I just enjoy playing more with that setup.

Bread

Banned
Playing MK online I have found that the best players generally use the heaviest characters with karts geared purely for speed. If you get someone who knows what they're doing with that kind of setup it can be just about impossible to catch them once they get in 1st. I usually roll with Shy Guy but he is light so his top speed isn't great, plus I prefer bikes which also keeps my top speed down some. It's not ideal but I just enjoy playing more with that setup.
Yea you were beating up on us with one of the lowest speed setups possible lol

I go for speed and weight just for getting in first place and not letting anyone catch up without shells

cajunator

Banned
Yea you were beating up on us with one of the lowest speed setups possible lol

I go for speed and weight just for getting in first place and not letting anyone catch up without shells

I just uhm..picked yoshi because I like Yoshi. and I picked the car because it looks awesome with those racing wheels.
Im clearly doing this wrong.

MechDX

Found a list online with the fastest times on each course and what set up wad used. On most of those (75% or so) it was Wario on superbike with racing slicks.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I just uhm..picked yoshi because I like Yoshi. and I picked the car because it looks awesome with those racing wheels.
Im clearly doing this wrong.

That's how I do it too Cajun. It's Mario Kart. I play cause the graphics are bright and cheery and it makes me happy. Same with NSMBU. People complain about it constantly, but I just like the sound the coins make and "it's Mario time!"

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I have to admit, like with Mech, sometimes it's more fun to make you miserable than winning the race.

I just know someone is going to try to do this at some point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_a7U8peVfY

AncientDisfiguredAmericanbulldog.gif

http://gfycat.com/AncientDisfiguredAmericanbulldog.webm

Found a list online with the fastest times on each course and what set up wad used. On most of those (75% or so) it was Wario on superbike with racing slicks.

Those are time trials though, aren't they? A lot of them involve stuff like perfect drifting right on the edges of the track. Do that in an online race on something like Rainbow Road and you're asking for getting pushed off unless you play with no items.

Im too casual for this shit lol

To be fair, you just started playing. Some of us have been Mario Karting for over 20 years, so there's going to be quite a bit of experience gap.

Unless you're snes apparently.

cajunator

Banned
That's how I do it too Cajun. It's Mario Kart. I play cause the graphics are bright and cheery and it makes me happy. Same with NSMBU. People complain about it constantly, but I just like the sound the coins make and "it's Mario time!"

You can approach it casually or hardcore gamer perspective. I like that.

Spinluck

I'm still surprised at how smooth MK8's online is.

That shit has like no hiccups for me, it can probably even run well on gata's internet.

rando14

That shit has like no hiccups for me, it can probably even run well on gata's internet.

Works perfectly unless your name is Snes

Bucs Fan @TBBucs4Life · 17h
Communication error? God dammit!

Forget it, getting too many communication errors.

Fucking people downstairs using up all my bandwidth.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Would be neat to see if it could work on his third world Florida style "string tied to a can" internet.

Works perfectly unless your name is Snes

:jnc

snes races like he's playing for the Bucs.

SpicyBlondHawk.gif

This is the best gif of all.

Not in last night's races!

Hey now, I took him the gold in one cup just by going 2nd and 3rd every time because you all kept going from like 1st to 7th.

cajunator

Banned
Would be neat to see if it could work on his third world Florida style "string tied to a can" internet.

:jnc

SpicyBlondHawk.gif

This is the best gif of all.

Hey now, I took him the gold in one cup just by going 2nd and 3rd every time because you all kept going from like 1st to 7th.

I still think its funny I live in a third world state and I still have internet to make 99% of the US jealous.

cashman

Banned
Wow having to work more than a half day for your millions must have been a nightmare. What a trooper for making it through. Such a hero and inspiration.

Also isn't the "burnout level" for quarterbacks um...0%? When was the last time a guy capable of being a starting quarterback in the NFL walked away from the game?

vince young

brentech

We in for some MK tonight bros? My goal is to have a filled with NFL/madden age gaf for the title!

Cb is too scared of me to play mk anymore but I'm still hopeful he will show some pride and take his medicine soon

cajunator

Banned
Is this your internet?

http://lusfiber.com/index.php/internet/pricing-guide

If so damn I'm jealous, Seattle stuck with only fucking Comcast for at least the next two years. How much do you pay for your service?

yup! I dont need Google fiber!

We in for some MK tonight bros? My goal is to have a filled with NFL/madden age gaf for the title!

Cb is too scared of me to play mk anymore but I'm still hopeful he will show some pride and take his medicine soon

Ill play with yall again. It was fun! Now I know the tracks a little bit too. Maybe I will do better than last hehee.

Top Bottom