• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Milchjon

I agree, we can't have soccer tearing us apart.

Let us instead bask in the love of the wholesome all american family.

tom-brady-gisele-bundchen-family-2-226x300.jpg

tom-brady-sons.jpg

brk5npjceaas6-x-large-1200x630.jpg

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
American soccer fans should be celebrating this. This was the hardest group to advance through and they did it. Pretty much nobody thought we'd do it and they did it.

USA isn't the best team in the world but they belong in the round of 16.

4 more wins

Hey, if they win in the final 16, I'll break out the star-spangled banana hammock and do the electric slide. But, I just can't feel any emotion over losing forward.

Sanjuro

The NFL season should be two games long then playoffs. If nothing else we should at least have the decency and intelligence to disregard the first 14 games!

...that makes no sense.

The World Cup is not a season, it's a playoff themed bracket with a championship game. Why would an NFL season be two games?

cajunator

Banned
Oh look, actual NFL players know what this thread doesn't, that Peterson is a stud. He's voted 22nd best player in the league by his peers and will end up the #2 CB since Sherman is the only one left. He was voted 33rd best last year, moving on up choo choo! Note Talib stating what I posted not so long ago, about Peterson taking on a far more difficult role than Sherman and thus, he places Peterson #1 among CBs: http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2014/6/26/5844828/patrick-peterson-ranked-22nd-best-player-in-nfl

LSU fans coulda told you he was good (actually Im pretty sure I did)

Hey, if they win in the final 16, I'll break out the star-spangled banana hammock and do the electric slide. But, I just can't feel any emotion over losing forward.
I'll remember this the next time the Bills lose their final game of the season and make the playoffs.

Can't wait to see what the year 2138 is like.

cdyhybrid

Oh look, actual NFL players know what this thread doesn't, that Peterson is a stud. He's voted 22nd best player in the league by his peers and will end up the #2 CB since Sherman is the only one left. He was voted 33rd best last year, moving on up choo choo! Note Talib stating what I posted not so long ago, about Peterson taking on a far more difficult role than Sherman and thus, he places Peterson #1 among CBs: http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2014/6/26/5844828/patrick-peterson-ranked-22nd-best-player-in-nfl

Of course, those players are taking into account his punt returns.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
...but Portugal was better. They just were hosed because of some garbage time goals a couple games prior.

Isn't this the case with a lot of sports? The better team doesn't always move on when records end up being tied and they end up sitting out due to various tie breakers.

They are better in the sense that,

America tied, then lost to following game. Portugal tied, and won the following game.

0-1-1 vs. 1-0-1

Portugal wins.

Wait, why are we arbitrarily not counting the first game?

Sanjuro

Isn't this the case with a lot of sports? The better team doesn't always move on when records end up being tied and they end up sitting out due to various tie breakers.

In the regular season, but all that means is they aren't the best. If you have a better record than another team making the playoffs, it means you weren't good enough to win your division.

Konka

Banned

It's not losing forward it's they dd what they needed to do in the first two games so that they could afford to lose one. I can assure you the celebration had we beaten Germany would make this look like peanuts.

WanderingWind

I'll remember this the next time the Bills lose their final game of the season and make the playoffs.

Can't wait to see what the year 2138 is like.

The comparison would be them going 6-5 with 5 ties and making it to the playoffs because the Jets lost to the Pats. If that happens, by all means, call me out. I'll even front you the phone card.

It's not losing forward it's they dd what they needed to do in the first two games so that they could afford to lose one. I can assure you the celebration had we beaten Germany would make this look like peanuts.

So, if we beat Germany the celebration would be bigger. So...we agree. Neat. What are you mad about then?

Konka

Banned
The comparison would be them going 6-5 with 5 ties and making it to the playoffs because the Jets lost to the Pats. If that happens, by all means, call me out. I'll even front you the phone card.

So, if we beat Germany the celebration would be bigger. So...we agree. Neat. What are you mad about then?

Because you're sayin we have zero reason to celebrate.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Is there any 3rd party Wii U controller with a Dualshock layout?

Not sure why they ditched it on the new Pro controller but I didn't really like it from the short time I've used it.

Sanjuro

But they have a better goal difference.

How difficult is all this for you?

How difficult is this for you? You have already resorted to name calling, so maybe you should migrate to another thread.

People in here are trying to sell others on soccer. Not uncommon. It has some qualities I like. Hell, I went to the bar for both of the previous games to watch. I did my part and I'm open enough to admit it.

However, I'm not some asshole trying to convince people that like apple pie that blueberry is better. That is what the FIFA thread is for. We are in a NFL thread where most people are welcoming a distraction and/or discussion.

Every time the world cup comes, there is always curious parties and frauds. Sorry I'm questioning a playoff standard that makes the NCAA look brilliant.

How difficult is this for you? You have already resorted to name calling, so maybe you should migrate to another thread.

People in here are trying to sell others on soccer. Not uncommon. It has some qualities I like. Hell, I went to the bar for both of the previous games to watch. I did my part and I'm open enough to admit it.

However, I'm not some asshole trying to convince people that like apple pie that blueberry is better. That is what the FIFA thread is for. We are in a NFL thread where most people are welcoming a distraction and/or discussion.

Every time the world cup comes, there is always curious parties and frauds. Sorry I'm questioning a playoff standard that makes the NCAA look brilliant.

Good stuff

Milchjon

Hell no.

WanderingWind

For real though, GG Germany. This could be your year

Since 'Murica isn't going to do shit, I want Deutschland to pull it off so I can go to the parties.

Top Bottom