• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

manfestival

but guys...
BibleThump.png

Bread

Banned
Lol at calling Boston food flavorless

What do you even consider Boston food? Besides seafood which is delicious and you're insane if you agree with Ez there.

Also, the only thing covering a steak should be puff pastry a la beef Wellington.

eznark

Banned

What do you even consider Boston food? Besides seafood which is delicious and you're insane if you agree with Ez there.

Chowder, lobster rolls...that's about it. Both are disgusting.

Seafood is delicious.

MechDX

Also, the only thing covering a steak should be puff pastry a la beef Wellington.

Seafood from the Gulf of Mexico is awesome. Seafood from the NE all tastes like rotting fish. All food in the NE from Boston to Maine is flavorless paper. No seasonings, no spices just bland, bland, bland.

Sorry bread but it is fact. :(

Bread

Banned
Chowder, lobster rolls...that's about it. Both are disgusting.

Seafood is delicious.
Looooooooooooooool
Seafood from the Gulf of Mexico is awesome. Seafood from the NE all tastes like rotting fish. All food in the NE from Boston to Maine is flavorless paper. No seasonings, no spices just bland, bland, bland.

I'm not like some sheltered Gata that is naive about food, I know for a fact that this is just blind bashing based off some terrible tourist restaurants you went to.

eznark

Banned
Oh fuck, actually there is one awesome food in Boston. The hot dog buns that are slit at the top instead of the side.

BEST!

I was thinking about this the other day, it's sad how badly the south beats the north in terms of food. New York pizza is the best thing you yanks have going on. I guess bagels are pretty good?

Southern style food is the GOAT.

MechDX

Looooooooooooooool

I'm not like some sheltered Gata that is naive about food, I know for a fact that this is just blind bashing based off some terrible tourist restaurants you went to.

There are not tourist restaurants in Maine after you are north of Portland. I was excited to eat seafood in Maine but man when I got my order EVERYTHING on the plate had a strong fish taste.

Its a regional thing I guess but they use like no seasonings in their food. None. I did get some great breakfast from some mom n pop restaurant in Maine though. They made their own corned beef hash and it was awesome with a couple eggs on top.

And also what is up with iced tea in the NE? real ice tea does not come out of a coke fountain! It is brewed hot and poured over ice dammit!

Dragon

Banned
I was thinking about this the other day, it's sad how badly the south beats the north in terms of food. New York pizza is the best thing you yanks have going on. I guess bagels are pretty good?

Southern style food is the GOAT.

NYC by itself has the most diverse food selection in the country, so not sure what you're talking about bro :).

eznark

Banned
There are a ton of good restaurants in Boston and surrounding areas obviously, just no distinctive foods.

Brats, beer and cheese curds, before you get a wild hair and say the same about Wisconsin.

Bread

Banned
Oh fuck, actually there is one awesome food in Boston. The hot dog buns that are slit at the top instead of the side.

BEST!
Damn straight

Fry that bun with some butter and it's even better

There are not tourist restaurants in Maine after you are north of Portland. I was excited to eat seafood in Maine but man when I got my order EVERYTHING on the plate had a strong fish taste.

Its a regional thing I guess but they use like no seasonings in their food. None. I did get some great breakfast from some mom n pop restaurant in Maine though. They made their own corned beef hash and it was awesome with a couple eggs on top.

And also what is up with iced tea in the NE? real ice tea does not come out of a coke fountain! It is brewed hot and poured over ice dammit!
comfort food and seafood are my favorite things up here.

I had a meal of fried haddock over corn chowder last week, it was so fucking good.

MechDX

There are a ton of good restaurants in Boston and surrounding areas obviously, just no distinctive foods.

Brats, beer and cheese curds, before you get a wild hair and say the same about Wisconsin.

wahlburgers-sign.jpg

Marky mark is working on it.
all my regional stereotypes come form reality TV

eznark

Banned
I'm actually now trying to think of distinctive North Eastern like anything. Pretty much the only things I distinctly remember from my four years there was open racism (it was great!), hatred of pregnant women on the T (not great, stand up you fucking twat and let the chick sit down) and Filene's Basement. Filene's is now closed :(

Also abundant medical devices vc

cajunator

Banned
You'd think someone was holding a gun to them.

I just saw a grown ass man, like 50+, pull his wallet out of a cargo pocket. Who the fuck does that!?
Blasphemy.

Well I put my wallet in my front jeans pocket. Easy to get to and more secure.

What's some healthy foods that taste good

broccoli, celery, spinach, lima beans, avocado, squash

I concur with Mech. ALso why the hell does Maryland dust crabs with pepper on the outside? why do any places do that? It just gets all over your hands and still doesnt flavor the meat correctly. Proper boiling seafood actually creates a vacuum in the pot, sucking the seasoning directly into the shells and flavoring the meat. If youre gonna do it do it right!

MechDX

I'm actually now trying to think of distinctive North Eastern like anything. Pretty much the only things I distinctly remember from my four years there was open racism (it was great!), hatred of pregnant women on the T (not great, stand up you fucking twat and let the chick sit down) and Filene's Basement. Filene's is now closed :(

Also abundant medical devices vc

When we went to Maine/Massachusetts I was being my usual polite, courteous Texan self and I was getting all these strange looks from women when I held the door open for them or politely let them in the door first. When I mentioned it to my wife she told me they probably think I was trying rape and mug them because that is the only time in the NE than men are polite.

Bread

Banned

I can't disagree with that, if you don't like the regional seafood then you aren't going to find anything you like unique to this area.
From my experiences with Sarasota and Boston seafood, I obviously prefer the local white fish of the Gulf but literally everything else is better (not sure if that's because of the quality of ingredients or not) in New England

eznark

Banned
When we went to Maine/Massachusetts I was being my usual polite, courteous Texan self and I was getting all these strange looks from women when I held the door open for them or politely let them in the door first. When I mentioned it to my wife she told me they probably think I was trying rape and mug them because that is the only time in the NE than men are polite.

It seriously floored me how little common courtesy there is in Boston. I've never ridden public transportation in NYC so I have no idea if it's the same but in Boston people are just scumbags by nature.

MechDX

I can't disagree with that, if you don't like the regional seafood then you aren't going to find anything you like unique to this area.
From my experiences with Sarasota and Boston seafood, I obviously prefer the local white fish of the Gulf but literally everything else is better (not sure if that's because of the quality of ingredients or not) in New England

Because that's what you grew up with. father in law laughed when I stated how bad the seafood was in Maine. When he came down here we took him to a local seafood restaurant for some seafood from the gulf and he said it didn't taste like fish enough. lol

My wife who was born in Cape Cod hated seafood as a kid. When she came to Texas she fell in love with shrimp from the gulf.

cajunator

Banned

You need to come down here and try red snapper pontchartrain with crawfish ettouffee on top. Duuuuuude

Bread

Banned
It seriously floored me how little common courtesy there is in Boston. I've never ridden public transportation in NYC so I have no idea if it's the same but in Boston people are just scumbags by nature.
People are naturally untrustworthy of others here, I hate it. Definitely part of the reason I'm moving.

Because that's what you grew up with. father in law laughed when I stated how bad the seafood was in Maine. When he came down here we took him to a local seafood restaurant for some seafood from the gulf and he said it didn't taste like fish enough. lol

My wife who was born in Cape Cod hated seafood as a kid. When she came to Texas she fell in love with shrimp from the gulf.
I guess, but try and tell me that your fried clams are better than what I'd find at the Cape and I will laugh!

Tom Penny

I don't think I've ever had Boston food. Never been anywhere that serves that kind of food. Next people will claim warm water lobsters are better then Maine.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...rated-and-underrated-nfl-players-team-by-team

Prisco's Over/Underrated by team. For Giants he has Kiwanuka as the Overrated choice which is eh. Not sure anybody really thinks much of him. Probably more JPP right now although his back injury has kept him down. Amukamara for Underrated which is about right.

Philadelphia Eagles
Overrated: QB Nick Foles ­­-- Let's slow the train down some, OK. He did some good things last season, but you'd think he was a star already. It takes time. Let's see him do it again. Not saying he can't, but let's see it again.

Milchjon

All Maine people I ever met were hilarious nice.

I think the divide is more small town/big city than North/South, too.

Not that I've ever been to the South, but it's like that anywhere.

MechDX

We don't fry clams we fry gata in Texas!

0f767e46ee55e0dd274c8ebb86768af8.jpg

Mainers all seem to have this "let it be" attitude and give no fucks. Damn Patriots fans all over there as well.

Dragon

Banned

If I had to choose, I'd rather be in the place that doesn't fly the Confederate flag. I really dislike NC in a lot of ways, the schools are beyond awful, they treat their teachers like shit, the state legislature is one of the most corrupt bigoted groups I've ever come across. I could go on and on. You may be right about common courtesy but really I'd rather support a place that isn't a bigoted mess.

What ez said. I'm talking about what they're known for.

Yeah not following your logic. NY has great food, and even though I'd obviously choose southern barbeque over places like Brother Jimmy's up there, it's not terrible.

eznark

Banned
At least NC lets everyone know where they stand. You don't know Boston is just as bad if not worse racists until you spend five minutes there!

false

Bread

Banned

Eh well the suburbs in eastern MA are filled with pricks, that's why me and sanjuro are so we'll liked around here!

Dragon

Banned
Eh well the suburbs in eastern MA are filled with pricks, that's why me and sanjuro are so we'll liked around here!

Growing up in Hingham, I'll agree with this. South Shore has some of the largest groups of entitled kids anywhere I've come across, and that includes Long Island. I'm sure parts of Cali will give it a run for its money though.

MechDX

Oh and another thing about Massachusetts....fuck making every damn highway a toll way. Seriously, WTF is up with that?

Oh and the taxes! High taxes on everything

cajunator

Banned
Love me some crawfish etouffee! Served over rice with an appetizer of boudin and a hot, freshly baked baguette
squeeeeeeeee

See, Mech understands. But he only lives 3 hours from me so he is exposed to cajun cuisine regularly.

People are naturally untrustworthy of others here, I hate it. Definitely part of the reason I'm moving.

I guess, but try and tell me that your fried clams are better than what I'd find at the Cape and I will laugh!

Clams probably better there. But down here specializes in oysters and oh my fuck they are so good!

We don't fry clams we fry gata in Texas!

0f767e46ee55e0dd274c8ebb86768af8.jpg

Mainers all seem to have this "let it be" attitude and give no fucks. Damn Patriots fans all over there as well.

:D

Yeah not following your logic. NY has great food, and even though I'd obviously choose southern barbeque over places like Brother Jimmy's up there, it's not terrible.

I think the argument is that while it's good/great across the board there's no standout comparatively.

Oh and another thing about Massachusetts....fuck making every damn highway a toll way. Seriously, WTF is up with that?

Only one road is a toll road.

The only other toll is coming from the North on the Tobin.

Bread

Banned
Growing up in Hingham, I'll agree with this. South Shore has some of the largest groups of entitled kids anywhere I've come across, and that includes Long Island. I'm sure parts of Cali will give it a run for its money though.
Metro west is just as bad, trust me. It took a while to find a group of friends here at [shitty school redacted] that were self aware and not trying to start fights at the bar.

MechDX

I think the argument is that while it's good/great across the board there's no standout comparatively.

Literally only one road is a toll road.

Yeah the main interstate that runs through the state. I think you people call it a turnpike? They try to make I10 or I45 here a tollway there is going to be some revolting going on.

squicken

This is like a movie speech. Should be set to music

JFF said:
“I’m growing up and continuing to learn from my mistakes and trying not to make the same ones over and over again.

“But am I going to live in a shell or am I just going to hide from everybody and not do anything? I don’t think that’s the way I should live my life and I’m not going to do it. I’m here and I’m very committed to football. And on weekends I’m going to enjoy my time off. I think we deserve it. We work hard here. We’ve worked hard since the draft. We worked hard to get drafted and put ourselves in a good position at the combine, even after that. I am going to enjoy my time off. I’m very about football, very about my job, which doesn’t get reported. But I am going to enjoy my time off. I think that’s what everybody else does and should do.”

cajunator

Banned
Southern Marylanders are very friendly folks I have to say. The DC/NOVA area ones are rude as fuck, but the southern county ones are just amazing folks.

Dragon

Banned
At least NC lets everyone know where they stand. You don't know Boston is just as bad if not worse racists until you spend five minutes there!

Boston is not as bad sorry. I know people joke about Boston racism, because it was terrible fifty years ago and the Yawkeys didn't help at all but c'mon. The mistakes are on the policy end, I went to a middle school that bused kids in from urban areas and it did really nothing good from what I could tell.

People fly the Confederate flag here for fuck's sakes, it's a symbol of racism and they think they're being American. smh

Yeah the main interstate that runs through the state. I think you people call it a turnpike? They try to make I10 or I45 here a tollway there is going to be some revolting going on.

Mass pike yeah. It helps with traffic, otherwise it would be a train wreck like 128 is.

Top Bottom