• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Well i'm studying to be a mortgage broker, but i'm also a real estate investor. I fix up houses and rent them out/maintain them.

Biggest pain in the ass when doing any work is loading angle grinders and mitre saw's into the trunk/backseat of my Solara.

Yup. You want a cargo van. That way you can leave that shit in there and you won't have to lift them up four feet when you move them. I have an old gmc vandura that holds all of that sort of shit. It also gets around 5 mpg.

e - I wanted to add that my Toyota finally went into the shop last week for something that wasn't scheduled maintenance. Needed the a/c recharged. That's 10 years and 140,000 miles without anything breaking on it.

MechDX

Yeah it's not fun. Putting in the Shop Vac after a messy upstairs reno with about 10 pounds of sawdust was an interesting adventure.

Me personally I would go with a truck and a nice, decent priced box trailer. That way you don't have to "clean out you truck' if you want to use it for other purposes.

Pepiope

Philadelphia Eagles
Overrated: QB Nick Foles ­­-- Let's slow the train down some, OK. He did some good things last season, but you'd think he was a star already. It takes time. Let's see him do it again. Not saying he can't, but let's see it again.
Statistically one of the best season's ever at the QB system and we should slow the train down

Mike Vick scrambles for a 10 yard TD, and he's an MVP.

cajunator

Banned
I want to see Manziel succeed. I honestly do. But I also want to see him first get utterly embarrassed by failure. I want to see him change his attitude when things dont go smoothly, because there will be a time they wont. I honestly believe Cam Newton learned this and now hes dangerous as fuck.

Yup. You want a cargo van. That way you can leave that shit in there and you won't have to lift them up four feet when you move them. I have an old gmc vandura that holds all of that sort of shit. It also gets around 5 mpg.

e - I wanted to add that my Toyota truck finally went into the shop last week for something that wasn't scheduled maintenance. Needed the a/c recharged. That's 10 years and 140,000 miles without anything breaking on it.

Yeah that's my plan. Might have to settle for a minivan though.

Me personally I would go with a truck and a nice, decent priced box trailer. That way you don't have to "clean out you truck' if you want to use it for other purposes.

I think i'm going to just buy a junker van for 1-2k. Next week we're painting one of the rentals. Like chuck said, i'd rather just leave all the ladders and shit in there.

Tom Penny

I want to see Manziel succeed. I honestly do. But I also want to see him first get utterly embarrassed by failure. I want to see him change his attitude when things dont go smoothly, because there will be a time they wont. I honestly believe Cam Newton learned this and now hes dangerous as fuck.

Manziel is going to fail regardless. His career is going to get cut short from either being a donkey off the field or one on the field trying to get slick scrambling and he's going to get broke off. I have doubts he will be turned into a pocket passer and as the saying goes you never see old running QB's in the league.

squicken

Browns fans are nuts. There's like 600 comments on the Plain Dealer's story about the rookie thing this morning. They all seem to agree with mech, as well

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Now I'm curious chuck. What do you do?

I have a small (4 employee) contracting/construction business. Mostly homes, mostly real estate transactions. It's actually a little more specific than that, but if I were to tell you, anyone with google could figure out who I am irl.

MechDX

Browns fans are nuts. There's like 600 comments on the Plain Dealer's story about the rookie thing this morning. They all seem to agree with mech, as well

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nny-manziel-questions-a-distraction/#comments

His teammates are already sick of them too.

“Yes, because it’s a distraction,” rookie running back Terrance West said, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “We’re here to play football and it’s all about all of his off-the-field stuff, so it’s a distraction.”

West admitted he’d love for the attention to stop, but didn’t begrudge Manziel enjoying himself.

His team mates are getting tired of it as well. Don't forget Tates comments last week about this issue as well. Even if he gets on the field this year I guarantee there are a LOT of opposing defenders that will want to take a shot at him to welcome him to the league

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Manziel will bust squick. It is known.Getting drafted to the Browns was a death sentence.

1399604407000-USP-NFL-2014-NFL-Draft-025.jpg

What if he turns into an elite NFL QB and dominates the AFC North for the next decade? Just look at that face.

I personally wouldn't mind it, Browns fans are like the cousins of Lions fans and they're not in our division so JFF has my support.

MechDX

These comments are referring the the medias over coverage of him, not him as a person.
Also stop reading PFT, is shameful. Florio is the worst

Yeah Florio sucks ass.

Wait this is the medias fault? Putting up pictures of himself partying is probably Cabots fault! Someone from the Plain Dealer bought him the inflatable swan!

Fucking media! Manziel puts himself in the spotlight for the media to latch on to so yes, it is all on him. he is a spoiled, privileged brat plain and simple

squicken

Manziel will bust squick. It is known.Getting drafted to the Browns was a death sentence.

Josh Gordon getting suspended literally the day after they drafted him has me already shaken. The off-field stuff we'll see. The media is weird on this stuff. Winston got arrested for stealing but somehow he's had less media scrutiny than Manziel did after winning the Heisman

The Browns knew what they were getting, can't feel sorry for them. Manziel isn't going to study his playbook, he's not going to work overtime...he's not Russell Wilson. I can't say he'll be a big bust anymore since he rightfully wasn't taken in the top 10, but he's going to be a bust.

Can't hate on them though. As a Lions fan I feel a sense of solidarity with my Browns brothers.

tmdorsey

Its funny how militant my Dad and brother get about truck choice. They hate Ford trucks and only drive Chevy /GMC. I would actually suggest the Ford based on quality of build, fuel economy, liveability. the GM is pretty nice too but its a bit more crude. Dodge is alright but some parts are really cheap. Toyota is decent quality but not "truck" enough for me. Honda ridgeline is lol. Nissan is cheap shit dont buy one.

Ummm, I drive a Ridgeline. :p

I'll remember all who spoke ill when JFF is hoisting that Lombardi trophy
One day we'll dance on all these hurtful words, and rub it in ppls faces :")
Most likely ..
Yeah Florio sucks ass.

Wait this is the medias fault? Putting up pictures of himself partying is probably Cabots fault! Someone from the Plain Dealer bought him the inflatable swan!

Fucking media! Manziel puts himself in the spotlight for the media to latch on to so yes, it is all on him. he is a spoiled, privileged brat plain and simple
I'm saying the team dosent have a problem with him as a person he's not some locker room cancer you want him to be mech. Yeah he party's and has fun everyone does, you can see Joe Haden and various browns at a down town bar every weekend. If there's a problem here it's that we're seeing pics of him posted every weekend by his friends or him. Have fun but we don't need to see it every week. Have no problems with him having fun, football isn't his whole life you olds.

And I'm saying the players aren't mad at johnny, some are just annoyed that since day one the media has been swarming him.

And if anything Ben Tate himself needs to calm his damn self down on social Media, dosent come of as the best team player with some of the stuff he tweets. Comes off as a Me guy a lot.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'll remember all who spoke ill when JFF is hoisting that Lombardi trophy

I know that feel squick.

I will literally cry when I see the Lions and Matthew Stafford hoisting the Lombardi trophy with an offense run by Lombardis' grandson.

It is destiny.

Restore the Roar 2014.

MechDX

I'm saying the team dosent have a problem with him as a person he's not some locker room cancer you want him to be mech. Yeah he party's and has fun everyone does, you can see Joe Haden and various browns at a down town bar every weekend. If there's a problem here it's that we're seeing pics of him posted every weekend by his friends or him. Have fun but we don't need to see it every week. Have no problems with him having fun, football isn't his whole life you olds.

And I'm saying the players aren't mad at johnny, some are just annoyed that since day one the media has been swarming him.

And if anything Ben Tate himself needs to calm his damn self down on social Media, dosent come of as the best team player with some of the stuff he tweets. Comes off as a Me guy a lot.

If you need to avoid a sleeping bear don't poke it with a stick. So Johnny is just a dumbass or just full of himself?

Tate on social media. yeah he did that a lot when he was here. he called out the fans last season and said we are too wishy washy. He did subtly call out Kubiak on Twitter after that 2012 playoff loss to the Pats though and was right

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Do the lions have a ring of honor that's someone other then sanders?

Herman Moore, Robert Porcher and maybe Bobby Layne? Though Layne cursed our franchise for 50 years in 1959 so I don't know if he counts. The curse ended in 2009 when we drafted Matthew Stafford at #1 overall after our 0-16 season.

eznark

Banned
Jimmy Haslam, the man under investigation by the FBI for fraud, is bothered by a money phone video clip,

Ok, sure. Let's go with that.

eh, why the hell not, I'll take it

Done

Herman Moore, Robert Porcher and maybe Bobby Layne? Though Layne cursed our franchise for 50 years in 1959 so I don't know if he counts. The curse ended in 2009 when we drafted Matthew Stafford at #1 overall after our 0-16 season.

Damn here is a list of the top 50 players for the lions in their history

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1645739-the-50-greatest-players-in-detroit-lions-history/page/2

Top Bottom