• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

AdmirablePortlyAvocet.gif

MechDX

bread,

Next time we go to visit the in laws Ill tell the wife we need to fly into Boston and not Manchester like usual. Ill go visit with you and bring you a Watt jersey, some Tony Chacheres creole seasoning and a six shooter.

cajunator

Banned
Ive always kind of wondered what its actually like living in a region of the country thats lily white. Cant have a very good grasp of racism's presence or not if you dont have actual mixed races. Boston does due to its size but whats it like elsewhere up there?

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ing-video-games-to-prepare-for-rookie-season/

Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater is going to be playing a lot of Madden football before training camp, but it isn’t because he’s shirking his responsibilities as a first-round pick.

Bridgewater says that he’s imported the Vikings’ playbook into the popular video game so that he can take “virtual reps” against defense he’s expecting to see in games. Bridgewater did the same thing at Louisville and said that he’s found it is a helpful way to continue the mental preparation that

Cant wait for Teddy to drop back 30 yards and chuck it!

"But dammit! It works in Madden!"

cajunator

Banned
Northern Virginia sucks. The people, the traffic, everything.

seems that way. The only thing I found about it that I liked was the abundance of chinese restaurants (really good ones) and asian markets in general. Other than that it was just...prettied up suburbia. My Uncle lives right in the middle of supposedly the best part of Fairfax and I didnt see what was so special about living there. It was labelled the best place to live in the country at one point and I dont see why. The traffic is beyond a nightmare. Everything is crowded, rushed, expensive. They had to hide a fuel supply terminal with a bunch of trees and shit so the neighbors wouldnt complain. The whole place is a built up facade of a metro.
Contrast that with the little Maryland maritime towns on the islands and along the Potomac and Chesapeake. Those had so much charm.

cajunator

Banned
its not raining like a bitch anymore. Im going out for some Chik Fil A.
Why are those places always so packed? They do ridiculously good business!

Bread

Banned
lmao god dammit

I just had an awesome phone call with a microsoft customer service rep. I called because when they transferred points to dollars my 40 points ($.50) were glitched and it didn't allow me to use them. So I tried using the $5 I got from gamestop plus the .50 on my account towards a BF4 DLC and it said there was a problem with my credit card.

I call up and the dude doesn't believe me that it's the fault of the credit and not my credit card, so I say you wanna bet? He says sure if you buy it with your credit card, I'll refund you the $15. Of course it worked, so I got the Second Assault DLC for free! He wasn't able to figure out my credit situation though lol.

Bread

Banned
There's more gifs and vid links a couple pages back after last night's games if you didn't catch them.
the worst part was you driving through the grass after the blue hit

that gave me the smallest sliver of hope that i would come back.

of course i didn't.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
the worst part was you driving through the grass after the blue hit

that gave me the smallest sliver of hope that i would come back.

of course i didn't.

Yeah, I realized right when I hit the grass I needed to drift boost that last turn to stay ahead.

cajunator

Banned
If i was gonna buy a truck what would you jagoffs recommend?

Its funny how militant my Dad and brother get about truck choice. They hate Ford trucks and only drive Chevy /GMC. I would actually suggest the Ford based on quality of build, fuel economy, liveability. the GM is pretty nice too but its a bit more crude. Dodge is alright but some parts are really cheap. Toyota is decent quality but not "truck" enough for me. Honda ridgeline is lol. Nissan is cheap shit dont buy one.

Milchjon

WTF did all of you People wife a Mainer

Also, wifey's natural Patriotism seems to be a common thread among the likeable guys in here.

Also, I wanna thank 'murica for saving beer. Your contributions are being appreciated right this moment.

And lastly, eznark would've fucking loved today's lecture.

squicken

I know you Germans love your compound words, but that first bullet point is just absurd

e: Mort said on Insiders that Haslam hasn't cared for some of JFF's antics and has had team talk to him. Notable since JFF said today he "won't change for anyone"

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Nah. Just asking. I need a work vehicle but it's mainly going to be to hold tools and move stuff so i'll get a cargo van. Always wanted a truck but it's just not practical for me.

I have a tonneau cover on the bed of my truck. You can also go with a rack or a camper shell. But whatever you do, don't buy one of those Mexican made trucks that squicken likes.

squicken

I have a tonneau cover on the bed of my truck. You can also go with a rack or a camper shell. But whatever you do, don't buy one of those Mexican made trucks that squicken likes.

I now have an F150, but still think the newer Nissan and Toyota trucks are fine

MechDX

When we bought a new truck last year we looked at Ford, Chevy, Ram and Toyota. Best bang for the buck was the Ram. We went with the Ram.

Having a HEMI in it is a nice plus when you get those arrogant fucktards in their Prius thinking they own the road. But the new models with the Pentastar V6 are nice with their 300+ horsepower and 26 MPG

cajunator

Banned
When we bought a new truck last year we looked at Ford, Chevy, Ram and Toyota. Best bang for the buck was the Ram. We went with the Ram.

Having a HEMI in it is a nice plus when you get those arrogant fucktards in their Prius thinking they own the road. But the new models with the Pentastar V6 are nice with their 300+ horsepower and 26 MPG

Aside from the nissans Id say all the trucks are decent choices.

ShaneB

Can't go wrong with a Silverado. My parents have one each!

edit: I hate driving them when I am home, simply because I'm not use to the size, and much prefer my car.

squicken

I think I said this last year, but my uncle is as hard on his trucks as anyone could possibly be, and he switched to Toyota awhile back and likes it just as much as his Fords

Aside from the nissans Id say all the trucks are decent choices.

I dunno. I watched This video of Trucks on the track and the Chevy looked like it was gonna explode.

Just cause I'm a curious bastard: What's your line of work?

Well i'm studying to be a mortgage broker, but i'm also a real estate investor. I fix up houses and rent them out/maintain them.

Biggest pain in the ass when doing any work is loading angle grinders and mitre saw's into the trunk/backseat of my Solara.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on SportsCenter Friday that the Browns have approached Johnny Manziel about "toning it down," with regard to his actions on social media.

Owner Jimmy Haslam was "bothered" by Manziel's recent posting of a "Money Phone" (stack of bills held to the ear) on Instagram. The Browns seem more concerned with Manziel's social media behavior than his well-publicized weekend partying.

Approached by the Cleveland Plain Dealer Friday morning, Manziel told the paper "I don't think I'm doing anything wrong," and "I'm not going to change for anybody."

Earlier this month, Ben Tate described media coverage of Manziel as "annoying," hinting it may be a distraction in the locker room.

ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi stated Friday that he's never seen Manziel-like behavior from a Browns player. Grossi has been covering the Browns for 30 years.

lol they're gonna not start him out of spite, aren't they

MechDX

I dunno. I watched This video of Trucks on the track and the Chevy looked like it was gonna explode.

Well i'm studying to be a mortgage broker, but i'm also a real estate investor. I fix up houses and rent them out/maintain them.

Biggest pain in the ass when doing any work is loading angle grinders and mitre saw's into the trunk/backseat of my Solara.

Wow. jnc

cajunator

Banned

The GM is a decently solid truck but yeah Ford builds its trucks really tough. the downside to Ford is engine quality and power. they cheap out on some parts to put more tech in there like ecoboost and it can bite them. GM just makes better engines. But the truck build quality has some issues. Dodges are a step below in quality but look really nice and the engines are top notch. Toyota is meh.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I know you Germans love your compound words, but that first bullet point is just absurd

e: Mort said on Insiders that Haslam hasn't cared for some of JFF's antics and has had team talk to him. Notable since JFF said today he "won't change for anyone"

He was partying hard in college and still dominated in the SEC. I'm still very skeptical on how his game will translate to the NFL but one thing is for certain its going to be very fun to watch. Whether he crashes and burns or if he's Johnny Football NFL.

DMczaf

Approached by the Cleveland Plain Dealer Friday morning, Manziel told the paper "I don't think I'm doing anything wrong," and "I'm not going to change for anybody."

Freeman thought he wasn't doing anything wrong partying all the damn time too.

Top Bottom