• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Tamanon

Banned
Isn't there a strong correlation between the military and the Steelers for whatever reason?

I think there were just a lot of fans that grew up before the Panthers came about. And they didn't want to be Falcons fans for whatever reason(which is strange since there's a shitload of Braves fans).

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
This is false, Pittsburgh is pretty hated. Have I ever told you guys of how hated the Steelers was and how much ribbing I took while in Ohio for being an admitted Steelers fan. This one old timer hated the Steelers so much at my last job that he was willing to go 2-14 every year, if those 2 wins were against the Steelers.

Browns fans don't like the Steelers? You don't say.

Isn't there a strong correlation between the military and the Steelers for whatever reason?

Tradition and work ethic. Of course military types like the Steelers.

jakncoke

Banned
Browns fans don't like the Steelers? You don't say.

Tradition and work ethic. Of course military types like the Steelers.

Not like and hate with a passion are entirely different.

Had one day off this week... And was told Friday my hours got cut to 32 no notice no warning

So pretty pissed

A wild Nakazato appears. Sucks about your hours, prob some bs paper pushing thing to save a few dollars.

I think there were just a lot of fans that grew up before the Panthers came about. And they didn't want to be Falcons fans for whatever reason(which is strange since there's a shitload of Braves fans).

Probably bandwagon reasons and the Falcons being losers most years and Falcons being 2-4 in the playoffs in the 29 years before the Falcons existed.

bionic77

NC ain't no better. I drove through that state and it was like all wilderness.
lol

You are from Florida. You can't talk shit about any other state. Even Haiti and Afghanistan are a step up from Florida!

Good to see so many honest, decent, hard working Steeler fans in the Carolina's though. Truly is a Steeler nation.

Also I glanced through the last few pages and have come to the conclusion that most of you should not reproduce,

I do have a question though. Kikis Delivery Service as good as Tororo?

Konka

Banned
"Talib was a danger to himself and others, as he was throwing bottles and causing a disturbance, according to police. "

Ya know, if I had a contract worth that much I would hire people to babysit my drunk ass.

Johnny_Manziel_Riding_Inflatable_Swan_Champagne_Bottle_Picture_Video.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
lol

You are from Florida. You can't talk shit about any other state. Even Haiti and Afghanistan are a step up from Florida!

Good to see so many honest, decent, hard working Steeler fans in the Carolina's though. Truly is a Steeler nation.

Also I glanced through the last few pages and have come to the conclusion that most of you should not reproduce,

I do have a question though. Kikis Delivery Service as good as Tororo?

I didnt feel it was, but really just blind pick a Studio Ghibli film and you have a better than average chance of finding something great or at least enjoyable.

bionic77

I didnt feel it was, but really just blind pick a Studio Ghibli film and you have a better than average chance of finding something great or at least enjoyable.
Only the best bro!

Totoro was the first kids movie show I have enjoyed in a long time. Hoping there was more to come. I know they will love Spirited Away but that seems a little scary at times and I will probably wait until next year for them.

Vyroxis

Banned

No no, we need him like he is. There has to be a spectacular bust every draft, and Manziel is making himself out to be the bust of the decade. So either he winds up being the Browns version of the son of god, or he belly flops his way into the "we chose poorly" record books. Regardless of which way it goes, it's gonna be fun to watch.

Godslay

Banned
Hmmm, Aqib Talib's agent saying that it wasn't Aqib that was arrested, it was his brother Yaqub. Should be interesting to see who actually got arrested.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Let's be honest, JFF was drafted at the bottom of the first round. He won't even be in the top ten all time busts because of that alone.

Narag

Hmmm, Aqib Talib's agent saying that it wasn't Aqib that was arrested, it was his brother Yaqub. Should be interesting to see who actually got arrested.

@ProFootballTalk
If the Dallas Police Department claims to currently have Aqib Talib in custody, it's not him. Unless they're letting him use his cell phone.

SC has Charleston but you guys have the Outer Banks... Hmm... NC has Duke, that's the tiebreaker. SC wins!

Charleston and Kiawah, as well as Hilton Head are pretty nice.

I'd still take our beaches and the OBX over SC's beaches. Myrtle has completely gone to shit.

Inland cities is no contest. Plus we actually have mountains and not those little foothills SC has.

Highest peak in North America east of the Mississippi

Godslay

Banned
@ProFootballTalk
If the Dallas Police Department claims to currently have Aqib Talib in custody, it's not him. Unless they're letting him use his cell phone.

If true then, oops. Won't get my hopes up that he's in the clear until it's confirmed though.

jbug617

Banned
How bad is the PS4 version of The Show? Thinking of picking it up since it's on sale and I don't really care for the Online modes.

ShaneB

The Steelers at #1? Fuck the Steelers. But ah well, list would be different for every person.

Oh you're showing your kids, then you should avoid Grave of the Fireflies for future reference.

I need to get around to watching that sometime.

=*( I'll have to watch the doc later.

Narag

pft twitter going in on the dallas pd
@ProFootballTalk
Hey @MaxDPD, are you sure it's Aqib Talib that you have in custody and not his brother?

@ProFootballTalk
With each passing second, Aqib Talib's lawsuit against the Dallas Police Department gets stronger.

Godslay

Banned
Imagine if his brother identified himself as Aqib to try and get out of trouble. :lol

Not sure who would look more foolish, his brother for using his name or the Dallas PD for not being able to accurately identify an arrest before trotting it out on Twitter.

Narag

This Talib story is hilarious. So his brother is going around clubs pretending to be Aqib? Or are the police that incompetent?

No one knows yet!

oh here we go:

@MaxDPD
#BREAKING CORRECTION - Yaqub Talib 31yrs old was arrested. My apologies to Aqib Talib. Original information reported was incorrect.

Godslay

Banned
Maj. Max Geron @MaxDPD
Follow
#BREAKING CORRECTION - Yaqub Talib 31yrs old was arrested. My apologies to Aqib Talib. Original information reported was incorrect.

Top Bottom