• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

bionic77

I agree with JABEE's point. Next thing you know, you'll be debating whether a preteen looking, 10,000 year old girl demon is "canonically underage"
This is hilarious and true but it doesn't apply to me because I don't watch these movies to get off like most of GAF degenerates.

Fuck I just missed the goal.

Damn you!

lol

Fuck you guys.

Ghibli movies should not carry any stigma! They are great movies for kids (especially girls).

It's not like I told you guys I live in Florida or wear Jordan's.
You are right, my friend. Studio Ghibli is incredible. You should play Ni no Kuni (PS3 JRPG), they did all the art for that game.

NWyJV78.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm conflicted on Mexico winning the World Cup.

On one hand I would fear for my life.

On the other hand it would be great for the construction industry in Southern California.

squicken

lol just not Holland's day. No calls and bad luck on the deflection

Speaking of Luck, heard on the ATL podcast that, since he has been in the league, he is 3-3 when his team falls behind by 17 points or more. Rest of the league is 5-91

Greg

nice "save"

I think teams should take more shots than they do instead of waiting for the perfect opportunity... always felt the same way about hockey with all the random rebound opportunities

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
nice "save"

I think teams should take more shots than they do instead of waiting for the perfect opportunity... always felt the same way about hockey with all the random rebound opportunities

That's why hockey ot is the best. The whole game plan becomes throw the puck at the goalie.

Milchjon

This is not an excuse I like to read in reference to Germany!

Joking aside, the WC has brought another great debate about German patriotism to this country. Everyone gets antsy when the whole city displays about the same total amount of national colors as your average American front yard :-D

squicken

nice "save"

Read something from one of the stat geeks that save % eventually all evens out. Getting shots on goal really is the most important thing. But a sport with so little scoring, luck is such a huge component of any one game.

e:

Joking aside, the WC has brought another great debate about German patriotism to this country. Everyone gets antsy when the whole city displays about the same total amount of national colors as your average American front yard :-D

NYT had something about this in its pretty awesome WWI feature

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/06/27/world/legacy-of-world-war-i.html?smid=tw-nytimes

eznark

Banned
I was at the WBC game when Mexico beat the US (in a meaningless and idiotic round robin game). It was fucking madness. They stormed the streets of Phoenix with a mile long marching band.

Greg

That's why hockey ot is the best. The whole game plan becomes throw the puck at the goalie.
it drives me insane when a team has a power play and they just pass for eternity

Read something from one of the stat geeks that save % eventually all evens out. Getting shots on goal really is the most important thing. But a sport with so little scoring, luck is such a huge component of any one game.
when 1-0 can win the game, take some damn chances!

I don't follow soccer, but what are the general stats on winning time of possession vs. winning the game?

JABEE

Interesting stuff.

It's fascinating how the impact of WWI on our society is so completely dwarved by what happened afterwards.
Listen to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History podcast!

Also listen to his archived podcasts in the Ghosts of the Osfront Series.

Amazing

Top Bottom