• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

This is pretty much true. But if you got paired with a girl that was attractive, smart, flirtatious, and you seemed to hit it off pretty well with her. I am sure you'd leave the church of Gronk for chance at that ass.

Why do you think you would have to leave the Church of Gronk if you want to bang college chicks? It's in the Gronk-Bible that you have to bang as many college girls as possible.

It's a great religion.

cdyhybrid

Sounds like Harvin and Earl Thomas (and maybe Richard Sherman?) are going to try and compete for the punt return job vacated when Golden Tate left in FA.

Edit: More Earl after the first practice today:

On how Percy Harvin looked: “He looked good. He just needs to learn how to fall. Sometimes he gets going too fast and he doesn’t fall quite right but we need to keep that guy safe.”

On Terrelle Pryor: “I just think he’s a great model for me, as far as practice. He’s a tall guy, I can get a good read on him. When Russell [Wilson] is back there, you can’t really see him because he’s so short and I can’t get good breaks on the ball. But when Terrelle’s back there, I can get great breaks on the ball. He’s a great guy – he’s throwing on target but I can get a great read on him.”

On Pryor’s QB play: “I think he can learn a lot from Russell – eye discipline, looking off, not staring down his targets. Stuff like that.”

:jnc

Some subtle (but probably not intentional) shots at these guys.

Sounds like Harvin and Earl Thomas (and maybe Richard Sherman?) are going to try and compete for the punt return job vacated when Golden Tate left in FA.

Would would you risk your 60 million dollar safety or 60 million dollar corner on punt returns? Sounds stupid.

Also, why are you people all still up? Not that I mind, makes the train ride more fun.

Edit: GREG NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Good night, Shirtless bro.

cdyhybrid

Would would you risk your 60 million dollar safety or 60 million dollar corner on punt returns? Sounds stupid.

Also, why are you people all still up? Not that I mind, makes the train ride more fun.

Edit: GREG NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Good night, Shirtless bro.

The Seattle Times said:
On the prospect of returning punts: “I’m very excited. I’ve been waiting on this opportunity. This is what I do – I’m an athlete. I’ve been trying to tell Coach Carroll to put me back there for the longest. I always try to go back there during walk-throughs, just to try to sneak a punt return, show them who I am and I want to score a touchdown. So this is perfect opportunity for me to score a touchdown. I’m an offensive guy at heart. That’s why I don’t try to go out of bounds when I catch interceptions.”

On if he’s returned punts at any point in his football career: “Yes, in college. My first time returning I almost scored. I just got tripped up by the punter.”

On how long he’s been lobbying for the chance to return punts: “I want to show everybody who I am and I want to be able to impact the game as much as possible. This is a great opportunity. I just need to capitalize on it.”

On people saying he’s too valuable to the defense to return punts: “I don’t care what they think you know? This is my future. I can help this team and I know I can.”

Pete preaches competition all the time, so if Earl is the best man for the job, I wouldn't be surprised to see him at least get a few shots at it.

Arizona is about to stupidly give Patrick Peterson $70M and they'll probably still have him returning punts.

I feel like punt returns are safer than kick returns, anyway.

Pete preaches competition all the time, so if Earl is the best man for the job, I wouldn't be surprised to see him at least get a few shots at it.

Arizona is about to stupidly give Patrick Peterson $70M and they'll probably still have him returning punts.

I feel like punt returns are safer than kick returns, anyway.

But why not just sign a shifty, little, white dude with a great motor, a great football IQ and a lot of heart for the cheap?

Also, Arizona is paying PP mostly because he's a great punt returner. Sherman and Earl are payed to play corner and safety.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE

cdyhybrid

But why not just sign a shifty, little, white dude with a great motor, a great football IQ and a lot of heart for the cheap?

Also, Arizona is paying PP mostly because he's a great punt returner. Sherman and Earl are payed to play corner and safety.

NE and Denver have all the scrappy little white people in the league signed already!

Also, Arizona actually thinks that PP is a great corner. Look at the Cards fans that post here for proof ;)

cdyhybrid

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks 4m
Watched a cut-up of Winston's 40 TDs. Strong in the pocket, long delivery but can make stick throws. Did have 12 layup TDs (open by 5+ yds)

JABEE

He'll order the wrong pizza like something with pineapple on it. Or he'll get it from CiCis. Or both!

I wouldn't trust him to get Chinese takeout from the good place either or he'll order something with heavy garlic.

What he needs is something truly idiot proof and shockingly consistent. My advice is either the breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express (those who travel know what I'm talking about) or McDonalds. Go all out and let her order anything on the menu and not just the dollar menu though. If she wants extra cheese you just go with it, dating is expensive.
If she wants extra cheese, that's a sign to bail out. Too spendy.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Carroll DGAF. He wants the best players possible running special teams.

effzee

For those already looking ahead to the 2015 draft:

Daniel Jeremiah @MoveTheSticks · 14m
Watched a cut-up of Mariota's 31 TD's. Only 6 were behind LOS (bubbles, smokes, shovel). Gets to #2 or #3 a lot more than I anticipated

No doubt in my mind that if Foles doesn't play anywhere near his level last year, that Chip will do everything in his power to get this guy.

Not mad. Good plan actually. Let's see what we can get from Foles on his last year on his rookie contract.

Great motivation for Foles too. With the way our D is, if Foles doesn't play at a similar level we will be drafting in the top 10 anyway.

I imagine these two laughing about how dumb the Dolphins are for making them starters.

Finnegan in a Dolphins jersey... I don't think I'll ever get used to that.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
If you guys had a chance to work at a game company, assuming you'd want to be in that industry, which one would you pick?
If I could go back in time I'd totally be in 3D Realms. Develop skills and get a paycheck but have absolutely no accountability for what I do at any given moment.

squicken

There's always the indie scene. Seems to be exploding these days.

The indie scene, to me, is just new coats of paint on dated game types. I don't mind that, but I have no nostalgia for the 2D era. So I'll play Wolfenstein, even if it lacks anything new. But the stuff I like is open-world and the blended online/offline stuff. Biggest hopes for something fresh in gaming, that I see, are The Division and Destiny

People talk about VR, but I can't see a 5 pound helmet being the future of innovation.

No doubt in my mind that if Foles doesn't play anywhere near his level last year, that Chip will do everything in his power to get this guy.

Not mad. Good plan actually. Let's see what we can get from Foles on his last year on his rookie contract.

Great motivation for Foles too. With the way our D is, if Foles doesn't play at a similar level we will be drafting in the top 10 anyway.

This scenario is the only thing keeping me from severe depression. I still think they would have been better off taking JFF this year.

Top Bottom