• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Eagles fans and Vikings fans should hang out. They have a lot in common.

Well queens fans just get drunk and mopey while Iggles fans burn cars so there's that difference.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Warehouse manager. Easy some days, he'll on earth others.

I can't imagine what it'd be like to be responsible for the actions of several highly uneducated individuals...having to explain things like that forklift incident you had the other week to your boss.

cajunator

Banned
I can't imagine what it'd be like to be responsible for the actions of several highly uneducated individuals...having to explain things like that forklift incident you had the other week to your boss.

My drivers are basically driving 52000 pound explosives.
Couldnt pay me to haul gasoline thats for damned sure.

Wrayfield

Bank holiday tomorrow, "home office" on Friday, ha!

Thanks for your answers about gaming companies, btw. I was just curious generally. I'd pick Valve in a heartbeat, judging from afar at least.

Edit: Sheeeeiiit, Hixon tore his ACL for the third time. I hate OTA injuries...

Man if you're this down on our team now I don't know how ray Rhodes didn't cause you to slit your wrists.

The first year of Ray was fantastic. He also gave us that epic beat down of the Lions in the playoffs, which was my first playoff game in attendance. Plus Ray benched Randall so he will always have a warm place in my heart. Ray's biggest mistake was taking Mamula in the first, if they had just taken Sapp everything would have been different.

Vyroxis

Banned

Imagine being in control of a group of bratty tweens that run forklifts, and are generally hungover, and you get the idea.

And these are the best people we could find to hire.

Talon

I feel like there's room for a middleware company that only exclusively creates real life environments in common middleware such as UE4 (e.g. the Louvre, Empire State Building, etc.) and sells them to developers instead of each organization building environments in a bespoke manner.

Basically, I just want a Hitman game with more real places.

MRSA

Banned
Imagine being in control of a group of bratty tweens that run forklifts, and are generally hungover, and you get the idea.

And these are the best people we could find to hire.

You guys should hire jak, he seems to fit the stereotype.

Bank holiday tomorrow, "home office" on Friday, ha!

Thanks for your answers about gaming companies, btw. I was just curious generally. I'd pick Valve in a heartbeat, judging from afar at least.

Edit: Sheeeeiiit, Hixon tore his ACL for the third time. I hate OTA injuries...

Let's hope we make it to the season without an injuries...Losing Dustin Keller last year really hurt...

Konka

Banned
The first year of Ray was fantastic. He also gave us that epic beat down of the Lions in the playoffs, which was my first playoff game in attendance. Plus Ray benched Randall so he will always have a warm place in my heart. Ray's biggest mistake was taking Mamula in the first, if they had just taken Sapp everything would have been different.

I loaned my Mamula jersey to a girl freshman year in college for a game and never got it back.

Hope you guys had a great weekend.

I'm licking my chops at Earl Thomas returning! Alright ST, show him why your position is called Gunner! I'm glad Ginn Jr and Brown will be taking the return duties away from P2 and HB!

Fox318

Chris Johnson ✔ @ChrisJohnson28

Let's bring Andre johnson to the jets legooo

zXboQ.gif

zXboQ.gif

zXboQ.gif

zXboQ.gif

squicken

Bill Walsh's coaching tapes. His instructions to his team about the media are fascinating. Supposedly Belichick is a master at predicting and cutting off the media from pursuing angles. I definitely think Grossi in CLE loves doing this. So does Manish in NY, amongst others. No one in STL does anything like this, though. All toe the line

Every year you’re going to have a calculated approach taken by a couple writers, especially when you’re doing well, to take the team apart. And they delight in it. They like to see you squirm, they like to see all of us squirm. If they could feel they affected us and we didn’t do well, they have won the war. It’s that simple. I guess we’re fortunate we don’t have more of them. If were in New York City or some place it would be eight or 10 of them doing this. But every year, the same guy locally, there’s a couple of them, will do anything they can to disrupt us. They can make it black and white, defense versus offense, coaches versus players, owners versus coach. They’ll do it every conceivable way, and they’ll get a formula and a plan and methodically work on it. And they work on it. They really calculate it. These guys are not simple-minded people. They’re very bright guys. Just find a way to deal with this stuff, because it will happen. We’ll have two or three things come up, we don’t even know what they are yet, but he’ll come up with something to try to break us. And nobody’s going to break us. Nobody’s going to take us apart.”

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/05/28/nfl-history-95-objects-bill-walsh-49ers-coaching-tapes/

Some Giants OTA updates:

- David Wilson is taking reps. It's non-contact but its great to see him available and working. He's taking hand-offs from Josh Freeman who's running second team.

- Will Hill is practicing and taking reps at OTA's. There was a recent report that the Giants believe that Hill could likely win his appeal which is why he hasn't been released as of yet. If he doesn't though...

- Iron man Eli is working as well. It looks like he won't be missing much time if its up to him. He's taking snaps from Walton who looks to be the starting Center for now.

BouwwVPCYAAF6qm.jpg

More media access at tomorrow's OTA's.

MechDX

People really need to understand Dre has two options at this point: play for Houston or retire.

Texans will not take the huge cap hit to release him and no team will give what they will want in return. Which will be a lot.

They have zero incentive to do anything.

Oh and here is some Vrabel coaching up Clooney:

20140517_mta_at5_043.JPG.0_standard_783.0.jpg

Sorry Cowboy fans, no updates on Vrabels shit patterns today

People really need to understand Dre has two options at this point: play for Houston or retire.

Texans will not take the huge cap hit to release him and no team will give what they will want in return. Which will be a lot.

Give him to the Dolphins...it's the least you could do after that Keller thing....

squicken

Besides doing the right thing for the lone star they have had on offense. A HoF player who deserves better than another rebuild

Konka

Banned

Oh and here is some Vrabel coaching up Clooney:

20140517_mta_at5_043.JPG.0_standard_783.0.jpg

Sorry Cowboy fans, no updates on Vrabels shit patterns today

He could pull a TO and destroy the locker room.

MechDX

Besides doing the right thing for the lone star they have had on offense. A HoF player who deserves better than another rebuild

Its a business and a fact. You agreed to the contract and fulfill your commitments or retire and pay back millions of bonus money.

squicken

Its a business and a fact. You agreed to the contract and fulfill your commitments or retire and pay back millions of bonus money.

Yeah that is true. idk I just side with players on these things. Happened to Barry in DET. They refused to trade him. They didn't want to lose face of him leaving. Of letting him force his way out. I see the organization's side, but I just want to see Dre get his shot. I hate reading stuff about how he can't score TDs, as if that is his fault.

Yeah that is true. idk I just side with players on these things. Happened to Barry in DET. They refused to trade him. They didn't want to lose face of him leaving. Of letting him force his way out. I see the organization's side, but I just want to see Dre get his shot. I hate reading stuff about how he can't score TDs, as if that is his fault.

I agree with this, I hate seeing great players get wasted on a shit team, same with Tony G, Berry, hell I was glad Zack Thomas and Jason Taylor left to try to win something with another team...shame they just came back to retire with us instead :/ I get that it's a business but some players pour their hearts and souls into the sport and sadly get nothing back (well except for the millions of dollars) with crap franchises.

effzee

When the player has the organization narrative against him that's all you hear. He lost a step, he can't play, can't score, WRs aren't worth that much money, he has to honor his contract, setting a bad example by demanding a trade.

Coaches and FO people get to get away with this shit all the time. Coaches abandon their college kids. Pro coaches jump all the time. But oh no a player wants to get out of a bad situation because he is near the end and wants to play for a winner. Then you have certain fans who just buy into the FO narrative that no matter what the player is wrong.

Fox318

Some Giants OTA updates:

- David Wilson is taking reps. It's non-contact but its great to see him available and working. He's taking hand-offs from Josh Freeman who's running second team.

- Will Hill is practicing and taking reps at OTA's. There was a recent report that the Giants believe that Hill could likely win his appeal which is why he hasn't been released as of yet. If he doesn't though...

- Iron man Eli is working as well. It looks like he won't be missing much time if its up to him. He's taking snaps from Walton who looks to be the starting Center for now.

BouwwVPCYAAF6qm.jpg

More media access at tomorrow's OTA's.
Who is the fat guy on the left?

MechDX

When the player has the organization narrative against him that's all you hear. He lost a step, he can't play, can't score, WRs aren't worth that much money, he has to honor his contract, setting a bad example by demanding a trade.

Coaches and FO people get to get away with this shit all the time. Coaches abandon their college kids. Pro coaches jump all the time. But oh no a player wants to get out of a bad situation because he is near the end and wants to play for a winner. Then you have certain fans who just buy into the FO narrative that no matter what the player is wrong.

Texans have been nothing but professional and respectful during this whole ordeal. O Brien was getting praise yesterday for how he was responding to questions about Dre. One example:

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-tex...son?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

O Brien wants Dre there. of that I have no doubt.

Top Bottom