• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Who is the fat guy on the left?

9fYi3gA.jpg

squicken

The Texans basically have the Chiefs schedule from last year. It's absurdly easy for them to improve by 6+ wins this year. O'Brien also wants to groom a new QB. I don't see them being a WC or beating the Colts, but Dre is important for the coach to help creating a new "winning" culture and developing a QB

But Dre wants to win now and not bring along a baby QB. Doesn't matter if both sides are civil. Their goals no longer intersect

cdyhybrid

LOL. Good luck finding a single Giants fan on this board that will defend Will Hill in the least, let alone in the ridiculously biased manner you were doing yesterday.

Ridiculously biased, lol.

Using the opportunities provided to you that were agreed upon by both the league and the players' association to avoid harming your career - THE HORROR.

You'd all do the exact same thing in his spot.

That said, I think getting upset over PED use is pointless in the first place, since there are people doing them on every single team in the league. If anything, make fun of them for being dumb enough to get caught.

squicken

JFF has moved up to 2nd string and is taking first team reps in 11v11

Glad the 3rd string silliness is over. Just needs a weekend trip to Ibiza and he'll be first string

That ingrate Jim Irsay doesn't deserve Luck just like he didn't deserve Peyton.

No disrespect to Colts fans, but that douche is such a turnoff. I can't root for the Colts to win.

MechDX

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 1m
Travis Labhart had a few nice routes and hand catches in 1/2 field drills. #Texans

BOB's little, white, scrappy slot guy

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 1m
Dennis Johnson is so quick out RB routes and fits the NE Woodhead role IMO. #Texans

heh heh

Tiny Hands is a better QB than Jay Cutler.

He's also better than Kaep, but we've covered that already.

Blame Da Gawd > Bad Boy Russ > Poutin Jay > Tiny Hands > Jafar

Gabbert is taking the Niners to a title. All of those scouts who said he should've been the first QB taken in the 2011 draft will be vindicated.

Bowser

Blame Da Gawd > Bad Boy Russ > Poutin Jay > Tiny Hands > Jafar

Gabbert is taking the Niners to a title. All of those scouts who said he should've been the first QB taken in the 2011 draft will be vindicated.

You know it. He knows how unfair it is that he's so skilled, so sometimes he just plays with his eyes closed to help even the playing field:

gabberteyesclosed.jpg

MechDX

You know it. He knows how unfair it is that he's so skilled, so sometimes he just plays with his eyes closed to help even the playing field:

gabberteyesclosed.jpg

The Ninja. Ill mis you Antonio! I hope one day your get to meet Incognito in a dark alley and finish it.

cdyhybrid

Kluwe pushing nutrition and athletic performance diets into the future.

Chris Kluwe ‏@ChrisWarcraft now
That feel when you get home from working out and realize there's no more protein powder so you just eat an entire block of cheese instead.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Its a business and a fact. You agreed to the contract and fulfill your commitments or retire and pay back millions of bonus money.

You guys are some bleeding hearts. The jersey is bigger than the player. Period.

I'm fine with lamenting a guys career that should have been more successful in terms of winning but at the end of the day, I don't agree with players moaning and asking for trades.

Edit: Don't like losing? Guess what, the other 52 players don't like it either. Suck it up.

BigAT

Ridiculously biased, lol.

Using the opportunities provided to you that were agreed upon by both the league and the players' association to avoid harming your career - THE HORROR.

You'd all do the exact same thing in his spot.

I don't blame him in the least for trying to appeal his suspension and never said anything otherwise. But that doesn't mean I ignore the fact that he failed a drug test and then avoided his punishment purely because of a technicality, which you're incapable of reconciling. You wrote this:

Braun fails drug test. Braun is (eventually) suspended.

Sherman "fails" drug test. Sherman has not yet been suspended.

One failed a drug test, the other "failed" a drug test. The sole difference between the two? One plays for a team you like and the other doesn't. If that doesn't qualify as bias, I don't know what would.

MechDX

You guys are some bleeding hearts. The jersey is bigger than the player. Period.

I'm fine with lamenting a guys career that should have been more successful in terms of winning but at the end of the day, I don't agree with players moaning and asking for trades.

See what you people did? You made me and wienke agree. Now I have to root for the Bears this season.

ShaneB

Kluwe pushing nutrition and athletic performance diets into the future.

Chris Kluwe ‏@ChrisWarcraft now
That feel when you get home from working out and realize there's no more protein powder so you just eat an entire block of cheese instead.

I had a nice size block of cheese for a snack earlier!

cdyhybrid

I don't blame him in the least for trying to appeal his suspension and never said anything otherwise. But that doesn't mean I ignore the fact that he failed a drug test and then avoided his punishment purely because of a technicality, which you're incapable of reconciling. You wrote this:

One failed a drug test, the other "failed" a drug test. The sole difference between the two? One plays for a team you like and the other doesn't. If that doesn't qualify as bias, I don't know what would.

I don't get righteously indignant over Ryan Braun either though. Just seems like a silly reaction to have when the only difference between him (Braun or Sherman) and players on every single team in their respective leagues is that we found out they failed a drug test. It doesn't excuse the behavior, but I only have so many fucks I can give before I run out for the day. PED use in pro sports is pretty far down the list.

It just seems silly to hate a player for getting out of a drug suspension when there are players that have continued playing after murdering people and organizations that got away with systematic cheating.

Edit: Don't like losing? Guess what, the other 52 players don't like it either. Suck it up.

Eh, if he doesn't want to be there anymore, you might as well get something for him. I'd rather have the player ask for a trade so the team could possibly get something in return instead of him just half-assing his way through the season or retiring.

Top Bottom